Today’s Preakness is a two-horse race. The undefeated Derby Champion Nyquist vs. his California Rival, Exaggerator. Even though he’s lost to Nyqvist four times, the Derby Runner-up’s best race was ran in the rain at Santa Anita. Either way, those two are an easy, but not very profitable, exacta bet.
But who do you put as your third?
It’s wise to at least allow a little room for error by adding a third horse to that bet, but I have no idea who that could be. There are a handful of horses that have potential to make you a little money. Here’s who and why:
- Lani: The only other horse to run in the Derby is a wild card; you never know what you’re gonna see from the Japanese horse. But if Randy Moss (the white one) thinks he could make some noise, he might be worth the bet.
- Stradivari: Someone likes this horse so much they put down $80,000 to win, temporarily making Stradivari a 3-5 favorite.
- Awesome Speed: This horse has a redundant name, expected to set the pace from the start. He’s running outside of Nyquist and could throw the horse off if he can start fast.
- Collected: It’s never a bad idea to bet on Bob Baffert.
- Uncle Lino: Just like Awesome Speed, he’s a fast horse that’s next Nyquist in the gate. A fast start could make it a pace too fast for the favorites to keep up.
It’s a toss up. It’s really bothering me that I can make up my mind. I need your help. Please respond so that
I we can gamble appropriately.
When you make your wager, don’t forget to use the promo code “KSR10” at Twinspires.com to get ten free dollars. You’re welcome.