Which fan base do you dislike most? (Tuesday Show Thread)

Ready to talk about the rivals? Let’s do this. On today’s show, Matt and Ryan will discuss which rival fan bases they dislike most. Submit your vote in today’s

**POLL QUESTION OF THE DAY**

survey solutions

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops. We’re still finalizing a few, so be sure to check back as the week goes on.

June 22: Prestonsburg — StoneCrest Golf Course

July 29: Benton — Kennedy’s Fan Shop
July 30: Paducah — Buffalo Wild Wings
July 31: Fancy Farm

August 3: Bowling Green
August 4: McKee
August 5: Glasgow — Papa John’s
August 6: Jamestown — Jamestown Marina.
August 7: Monticello — Conley Bottoms.

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville
August 13: Lexington
August 14: Louisville

Article written by Drew Franklin

58 Comments for Which fan base do you dislike most? (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. ukblue22
    9:47 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

You left off Louisville. How did that happen?

• brad
      9:56 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

read the question again 🙂

• UK_JB
      9:57 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I did the same thing…

• ukblue22
      9:58 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Does the survey matter without Loserville?

• ukjaybrat
      10:05 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I spoke with a louisville fan who (as serious as he could be) wished uk fans would quit with the “Loserville” and “dirty birds” crap. because he can’t talk to people like that abotu sports…. this same person regularly uses the terms “”CorRUPPt Arena” and “CaliPayMe” … some people think the golden rule should only apply to others

• J-Dub421
      10:19 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Don’t forget “Calicheat” and “Cheatipari” ukjaybrat….

• CatsBy80
      10:21 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

ukjaybrat… one of my personal favorites is paypalcal. that one gives me a nice chuckle every time i hear it. oh the chicken fans… never cease to amaze me.

• No Question
      4:11 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

You don’t have to spend much time around KU fans to realize they take the cake in this one. And it’s clear not many of you have done that, or it would be a landslide victory for Rock Choke. And somehow, they’ve earned the reputation of ‘nice guys.’ Not true, trust me.

2. UK_JB
    9:52 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

How did it go with the big guys at iHeartMedia? Should just do the show out of Lexington and Shannon can still do the producing from there, at least the phones will work.

How’s the hand Ryan?

3. ukjaybrat
    9:57 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

It depends on which sport we’re talking about…
    1) Indana
    2) Kansas

Football
    1) Alabama
    2) Florida

But if I HAD to just pick in general
    1) Indiana (and I voted Indiana)
    2) Alabama
    3) Kansas

• ukjaybrat
      9:58 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Basketball * This line got deleted somehow
      1) Indana
      2) Kansas

4. Allison
    10:07 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Still no location for the Paintsville remote? I know it’s typically at Arby’s. Looking forward to it!

5. cracka
    10:07 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

where’s ohio state? they are tops in football

in general, north carolina has jumped to the top with their blind support to “the carolina way” … the way they have continued to say their program has done nothing wrong and that everybody does it, blah, blah … it’s a little ridiculous, you can’t have a conversation with them … they will still tell you how corrupt uk and coach cal are

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I almost picked UNC fans for that reason, but I went with Indiana because they try to act like IU is still relevant and they suck at pretty much everything.

6. L
    10:13 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Washing tile grout listening to KSR. Makes work enjoyable.

7. Dacci
    10:16 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

The “I love Cal, he’s a great recruiter, but he can’t coach” fans are the absolute worst.

• ukjaybrat
      10:20 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

people like that clearly don’t understand much about basketball… or watch close enough to see what he can do. If cal couldn’t coach, players like Darius Miller, Liggins and Jorts (just to name a few) would never have amounted to much. They are proof that Cal is much more than “JUST a recruiter”

• realme
      10:22 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Agree. Any time someone says that, they are parroting something they’ve heard from someone in the media, and showing their own personal ignorance of the sport.

• J-Dub421
      10:27 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Cal also built UMass and Memphis out of nothing, neither of those teams were good before Coach Cal and unlike with UK he didn’t start their builds with a bunch of McDonald’s All Americans. The media and opposing fan bases like to conveniently forget this.

8. cracka
    10:18 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

there are articles going back months from the herald leader, the courier journal and usa today (just to name a few) saying vj king had an offer from uk … who knows if that’s true or not, but a lot of people had reported it … who cares … we have around 15 offers out there right now for the 2016 class, we’re not going to get them all, right? some are going to pick other schools, it happens, it’s not a big deal. there’s no need to act like a brat and say we didn’t want him (uk fans) … and no need to act like a brat and say we got him over you (ul fans) … i’ve seen both, don’t understand it

• ukjaybrat
      10:23 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Whether he was offered or not actually makes some what of a deal though. Louisville media is notorious for claiming they stole recruits from other (usually in football). They claimed for weeks they stole a recruit from Bama and Notre dame. the recruit had interest in those schools, but he didn’t receive an offer from either of them. So they didn’t really steal him did they? No. They use this tactic all the time to show their fans what a great job they are doing. It’s called lying…

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Getting an offer from UK in basketball is a status symbol. There have been recruits who lied about getting a UK offer to try to boost their ratings or interest from other schools, or seem better than they are, etc.

9. Justin
    10:20 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Ohio State fans are some of the WORST. Otherwise, a great list.

10. Sarah
    10:21 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Matt, I like your list, but one group I think you left out, as don’t play them that often: MARYLAND fans

11. mary
    10:22 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I would have to add South Carolina especially in football…

12. Basteballer
    10:24 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I was born in, and have a lot of family in, Indiana. I grew up when they were relevant. They think they still are.

I currently live in Columbus, OH and, while the football fans are obnoxious, they really don’t care that much about basketball. I’m the opposite so we don’t really have a problem. I watch their football with my fiancee and she watches UK basketball with me.

13. Scotto63
    10:27 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

The reason that many people dislike Ohio St. fans is they flock to Lake Cumberland during the summer and think the lake belongs to them! Lake Cumberland is lousy with OSU fans.

14. mapcatfan
    10:31 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Indiana fans easily top even Louisville fans. IU fans are #1 and #1a. No contest.

I would never have even considered UConn fans until we played them a few years ago in the tournament. Walking out of the arena after the game, UConn fans were right behind us. They were terrible.

Will agree about Ohio State fans. By far the worst football fans.

15. houndstooth
    10:34 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Having one tooth I like having that one piece of hair left… quit hanging on and pull it out

• houndstooth
      10:37 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

not I-was suppose to be is*

16. Ukbradstith
    10:40 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

That’s why we need to keep playing iu. How good they may be is irrelevant. When you don’t like a fan base, you should want to beat them every year.

17. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    10:42 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Hillary is just as liberal as Bernie. She just doesn’t wear it on her sleeve quite as much.

BTW, I don’t think Jeb has any chance for the nomination. He won’t be the first out just because of name recognition. I think he’s middle of the pack. We shall see.

18. J-Dub421
    10:43 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Duke fans are obnoxious, but I kind of feel like they’ve earned it. Kind of like UK fans. People hate us, and there are obnoxious fans in our fan base, but we’re the best and we’ve earned it.

19. Scotto63
    10:44 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Matt, would you PUHLEEEASE tell Ryan to stop constantly replying with an enthusiastic “yes” to everything you say. So annoying……

20. J-Dub421
    10:45 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Wisconsin fans may be crappy, but the will fade back into the background this season. Bo Ryan caught lightning in a bottle with Kaminsky and Dekker, but they’re both gone and Wisconsin will be irrelevant again.

21. Red River Saga
    10:46 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Last time UK played IU in Indianapolis and Bob Knight was coach, my bus tour group from E Ky was encircled outside the arena (after we had lost). We were detained and berated, they chanted at us to “get back on our tractors and go back home” and other not so pleasant things. In all my years of opposing fan interaction, IU’s are by far the most despicable.

22. Kyle
    10:49 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

A lot of it has to do with where you live obviously. If you live in Cincinnati, you are just around more Ohio State fans, etc.

I live in Nashville and can’t stand Vandy fans (especially basketball ones). They think they are so much better than everyone. They go to the games and don’t even wear Vanderbilt attire, and boo every call that goes against them. They think they are good at basketball but they have 10 ALL-TIME NCAA Tournament wins (or 1 less than what UK has over the last 2 years!).

But that being said Duke fans are the worse. Most of them have no connection to the University at all. They definitely aren’t from North Carolina (or they’d be UNC fans). They are preppy white boys who just randomly picked a good team to like.

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

my younger brother in-law is a duke fan because his family are uk fans and he just wanted to be different. and duke was good in the 90s.

• ukjaybrat
      10:56 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

pre-mature “post comment”

But to his credit, at least he’s not a douchey duke fan. and as far as I know, he doesn’t hate UK

23. hater
    10:49 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Sports teams are like children. Some are good and some are not but I only love mine. I find others either interesting or irritating.

24. JTurn4
    10:51 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I grew up in Nashville, so I got a good taste of Vandy and Tennessee fans. Then I went to college in Arkansas, and, let me tell you, in 4 years they made me hate their fans way more than I ever hated Vandy or UT fans. If their team isn’t good, they act like they don’t care, but when they beat your team, they will let you know about it in the most ignorant way possible.

25. J-Dub421
    11:16 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I live in Louisville, so for me Louisville fans are the worst. If I’m wearing a UK shirt and am pumping gas or walking through the grocery store (minding my own business), I’ll have U of L fans spewing obscenities at me.

26. realme
    11:19 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Do you think Aaron regrets coming back a second year? He was a star this time last year.

• J-Dub421
      11:22 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

The media and everyone was down on both of the twins from the get go. Coming back a second year didn’t affect his draft stock very much.

• realme
      11:23 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I hope they prove all of their haters wrong.

• J-Dub421
      11:32 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Me too. I think both are very under-rated. When they got on campus late that first season and it took them a few months to catch up, everybody got down on them. Once they gained confidence and got used to playing at the college level their play greatly improved, but the media, etc. had already made up their minds about the twins. The Harrisons have never been able to shake that first impression, even though they improved greatly during their two years.

27. J-Dub421
    11:20 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

I looked it up, Devin shot 41% for the season from the three. Tyler shot 42%.

28. J-Dub421
    11:27 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

This may sound crazy, but I think Demarcus and Rondo would be good together on court. They’re both very competitive and really really want to win, and they both get annoyed when they play with others who don’t play this way. I don’t think they’d be bff’s off court, but on court I think it could work. Rondo is an excellent passer with great court vision and it would be easy for him to set Demarcus up for scores. They’d back each other up in scuffles too.

29. Mike
    11:32 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Did Matt Jones seriously just say “I think Oliver Wendell Holmes was on the Supreme Court”? How does someone who was #2 in his class at Duke Law School not know for sure who OWH is? Wow.

30. J-Dub421
    11:37 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

The Gap and Old Navy both make cheap crap. I don’t shop at either.

31. JTurn4
    11:41 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Ralph Lauren, Brooks Brothers, J.Crew, Vineyard Vines…all preppy brands are popular.

32. realme
    11:42 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

This was a very good looking team.

• J-Dub421
      11:48 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Agreed.

33. Mike
    11:54 am June 16, 2015 Permalink

Nothing happened between the Constitution and the Civil War? Good Lord Matt how did you ever get in law school. Ever heard of Lewis and Clark?

34. lexslamman
    12:01 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

I don’t really hate Louisville fans, because I almost never encounter them. I’m convinced that there are only around 50-100 Louisville fans above college age, and they run around the Yum! Center to fill up different camera shots during telecasts.

Duke fans are annoying turds, but you get the feeling that if you met them in person, they would all be like 5 feet tall and 87 pounds wet.

Indiana fans, on the other hand, are scum. Just reading the average IU fan’s post on a site like ESPN or CBSSports gets the blood boiling.

35. BlueCamo
    12:54 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

UConn has a fan base?

36. Easy
    4:07 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

It’s quite clear not too many on this thread have spent much time around Kansas fans. They are by far the biggest bunch of obnoxious UK/Coach Cal haters out there. Trust me, their hard-on and envy for UK is far beyond that of anyone else (Louisville excluded.) Refer back to Drew’s (or maybe it was Matt’s) post after the Champions Classic two years ago in Chicago when we lost to MSU. I was there also and their behavior was downright disgusting.

37. D-Mince
    4:52 pm June 16, 2015 Permalink

No Doubt that it’s Maryland! 100% hands down! Just wait till next year when they are top 5 they have beyond amount of cussing chants and I still remember when they started a chant to JJ Reddick about raping his sister! No Class! Can’t Stand them!