Where does Kentucky rank in Rothstein’s Top 25?

UlisLouisvilleBlood-e1419722122801

Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports released his pre-season top 25 this morning. Right now, he has the Cats cracking the top five behind Maryland, UNC, Kansas, and Iowa State. Also worth mentioning, Louisville didn’t make his pre-season rankings. Here’s the full 25:

1. Maryland
20. Cincy
21. Miami
22. Purdue
23. Oregon
24. Mich. St.
25. Wisconsin

On the cusp: UofL, Butler, Texas A&M, Xavier, and Baylor.

What do you all think? Do you guys agree with Kentucky at #5 or would you rank them somewhere else? What about the other teams? Let’s hear it.

@JC_KSR

Article written by Miss J.C. Ausmus

No, my name doesn't stand for anything. Follow me on twitter? @JC_KSR

19 Comments for Where does Kentucky rank in Rothstein’s Top 25?

1. bluecat15
    12:13 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Why isn’t anyone giving LSU any props? They have a strong class coming in.

• babydangy
      2:17 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Because Johnny Jones is their coach still and they lost Mickey and Martin. Doesn’t matter who they bring in. Simmons is a good player but also needs good players around him to be dominant. Plus they will have no post game at all, the whole team is made up of wing players.

2. davidpat
    12:31 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

We are not through recruiting? S to soon to rank. Sooooooooo go get em’ Coach Cal

3. shelby
    12:33 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Anybody willing to bet iowa st and maryland are out of top 10 by the middle of january?

• Rankin1205
      4:32 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Don’t know if they will be out of the top 10 just off who else is out there, but over all I agree.

4. BTownUKFan
    2:12 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

I’m OK with it. I prefer any spot but #1. We have something to work towards now.

5. UKfaninLou
    2:25 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

I’m okay with it too but would rather be around the #10 spot. I like to climb!

6. SanDiegoCats
    2:27 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Ya this season reminds me of 2013. I think we will be better than that team but we’re coming off a year with a mass exodus. We have a Julius Mays type of player in Mulder. We have a top big man like Noel in Labissiere. And we have to play Duke in Champions Classic. I honestly think a preseason top 5 is generous, but we’ll see.

• UK Big Board Update
      3:43 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Ha. You conveniently left out the Harrow>Ulis comparison – the most important factor of all.

We’ll be fine.

7. Buckets
    4:33 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

LSU has three top-10 recruits coming in. If they can’t crack the Top 25, Johnny Jones is the worst coach in history.

8. Ave
    4:48 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

I like UNC at #1 because they lost no one except one senior who was just ok. But I agree were 5. If we get one of Swanigan, Vick, or Murray we move up one or two spots. And LSU should be 20-25 range no matter if Jones is there coach.

• wildcatdon44
      10:39 am May 18, 2015 Permalink

Actually they lost a starter when Tokoto declared for the NBA draft.

9. ukhemingway
    5:34 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

I’m not sold on Maryland as number 1..I’m thinking that UNC is the more complete squad. Ulis is such a big factor for UK. I’d put UK at 2, Maryland at 3. The terps lost Dez and some other seniors with just Diamond Stone coming in. Cats are bringing in a lot more plus Lee and Alex.

10. Willy
    5:35 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Probably a little high for the early part of the season, hopefully a little low for the later part of the season!! GO CATS

11. Sublem
    6:04 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

UMD being in the top 3 is a joke tbh, but let them have all the hype.

12. jimlowe7
    6:19 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Who is in Maryland’s class?

13. dtuck
    7:39 pm May 17, 2015 Permalink

Maryland has Diamond Stone the #2 center in the class and a JUCO point guard who will be a back up. They do have an all-conference power forward in Robert Carter transferring in. Melo Trimble their very good freshmasn point guard is back. They could be really good, but UNC should be #1. I’m not sold on Iowa State being that high.

14. rdhack
    5:37 am May 18, 2015 Permalink

Sounds about right

15. wildcatdon44
    10:40 am May 18, 2015 Permalink

Actually I am fine with whomever they put in the top 25. Makes absolutely no difference in May.