What will Marques Bolden do? (Thursday Show Thread)

@brandonhaley02

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Thursday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. It’s kind of a big day around here, with Marques Bolden finally deciding and all, so of course Comcast decided to work on the internet box right outside of my house for fun. But have no fear, I made it to the coffee shop with three minutes to spare to put up the show thread for you. Enjoy.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

68 Comments for What will Marques Bolden do? (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:46 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

He will delay it again.

…. and now we wait.

Shannon you need to que up some waiting music.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      9:53 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

We aren’t really waiting any longer for his decision than we do many kids most years.

• UKFandom
      9:55 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

The wait is not longer..people are just getting more desperate, hence everyone creeping the hell out of his social media. Simmer down…

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:02 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think it is because so many people committed early this year and he has been the only one left for months basically. It isn’t fair to Bolden for everyone to act like he is dramatic or whatever. I know he has changed when he would announce and said some things indicating he would be ready before now. But oh well. Hopefully he picks UK. I think we could use him and he would benefit from being here, plus Duke would not get him.

10:08 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think it’s more that he keeps picking dates for his decision, and then postpones. That’s the difference.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:10 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

He only did that once really. I think he said Tuesday and they moved it to today. Before that he only said he would like to have it done before or by his birthday. But didn’t set it as his announce date.

10:15 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

No, he also had picked April 19. Then he postponed.

• WatchutalkinboutWillis
      10:18 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I don’t remember that.

10:22 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen. Because it did.

• Regardless of how many times he may have postponed, this is a HUGE decision for him, and although it drives us fans crazy, if he needs the entire signing period to make his decision, he should take it.

• ukkatzfan
      11:01 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Ksr does not have an April 19th date in timeline. Larry Pratt,just because you said so,doesn’t mean it happened. hahahahahaha. I will have to go with WatchutalkinboutWillis over Larry Pratt.

• Realme
      11:07 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Bolden had several times that he gave an approximate date that he hoped to decide by. That is not the same thing as setting an announcement date. Even the one this week, all he did was contradict what his school announced on his behalf. People need to stop acting like these guys owe the rest of us their decision in a timely manner. It’s his life, and we’ll know when we know.

11:16 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Excuse me, I meant April 17. Typo. And yes, that is his birthday. He had said prior to April 17, that he would choose before his birthday. And he did not. So, that is a postponement. Go look it up, if you don’t/won’t believe me.

11:17 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Realme, I don’t care when he decides. I just said that’s why so many are getting anxious. Or so I’ve heard folks say.

• Realme
      11:22 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

And I’m just saying the people getting anxious and bad mouthing him need to stop thinking they are entitled to anything from him. It’s the same mentality that will lead to people trashing him if he doesn’t pick us.

12:02 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

So, Ukkatzfan, what about it?

• ukjaybrat
      12:06 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

to be fair, i believe he said he “wanted” to decide before his birthday. he never “actually” set a date for his birthday. we just assumed it would be that date because of what he said he wanted. same thing with the jordan brand classic (of course that was just a fake leak). as far as i know, this week was the first time he legitimately set a date and pushed it back and that was because of a conflict between his family and the school.

12:21 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Jay brat, if you say you will do something by a certain date (because he did say he would choose by his birthday, he just did), and then you don’t, but will at a later date, then you postponed it. What about this is so difficult? Am I just not explaining it well enough? It’s all a matter of record and logic.

12:26 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Ok, let me try this: if I say I WANT to mow my lawn by Sunday, but don’t. Then, I do cut it the next day. That, in itself, means the act was postponed. See?

• ukjaybrat
      12:41 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

But your wife can’t get mad at you for not doing it on time, because you didn’t say you were absolutely going to do it Sunday

12:50 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

You folks clearly don’t understand the meaning of the word postpone. You don’t need a sworn affidavit of scheduling to postpone an event. Any time you do something at a later date than first intended, it’s a postponement. Geez.

• ukjaybrat
      1:19 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

you clearly don’t understand the difference between saying you WANT to do something and actually saying you WILL do it.

2:18 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I WANT to slap the shit out of fools who argue against facts….

2:21 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

It doesn’t matter if you want to do it, intend to do it, think you might do it, need to do it, or have a lawyer draw up a statement and have it notorized…if you you don’t do it by the date mentioned, and he mentioned the date, then you postponed it. Period. End of story. You are wrong. Again.

• ukjaybrat
      2:28 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

so violent you are … i’m sorry you don’t understand how facts work

2:34 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

You know, you’re a new kind of stupid.

2:36 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I’m correct. You’re wrong. End of story. Kiss my ass, and good day.

• ukjaybrat
      2:47 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

violent, hostile, and agitated… these are effective qualities in someone who is trying to win an argument… wait, no they aren’t

10:31 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Well, I don’t suffer fools gladly. And you are a fool. A first class idiot. You try to pick out an irrelevant aspect and argue an untenable position. And you won’t concede when the evidence is clearly against your skewed standpoint. This is pretty cut and dried. He gave a date, April 17, to announce on or before. He didn’t. He postponed. He didn’t do it when he said, therefore, he postponed.

2. Realme
    10:03 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think he’s picking UK. But I won’t be shocked if it’s Duke.

3. UKFandom
    10:07 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I imagine something leaks out around noon, glad it is not a UK women’s recruit..Matt would back off and act like nothing is going on

4. UKFandom
    10:07 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I think hes going Duke

• RealCatsFan
      10:43 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Hate to say it, but I have the same sinking feeling. Hope I’m wrong.

5. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Has Shannon played “The Waiting is the Hardest Part” by Tom Petty yet?

6. BK
    10:18 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Here is how things will go down with Bolden: Moments before making his announcement, Bolden will assume the posture of Rodin’s thinker and begin pondering once again the age old question of which is better, Kentucky or Duke. Seeing this, the scalp of Mama Bolden will split and fall-off, revealing that she has become Medusa. She will look at her aloof son, eyes flaming, with the rage of a Duke dream potentially deferred, and he will be turned into white marble. Meanwhile, Marcus Lee will return to school, average 32pts., 13reb., and 12 assists while leading Kentucky to a 39-0 record. In the title game he will…..well, become Marcus once again, foul-out while accomplishing next to nothing, and UK will lose to Duke. Marcus will move to Rio, realize the force is still with him, and fulfill his true destiny by becoming a volleyball legend on Ipanema Beach, where he will be revered as a guru to western tourists and a source of endless fascination for the Brazilians. Willie Cauley-Stein will join him and they will curate together a renowned museum of urban art. Cal and Coach K will realize they need to quite fighting each other, Professor Xavier/Magneto style, and will join forces to form D(UK)E, completely dominating college basketball and the NBA. They will create a hybridized version of Rupp/Cameron, thereby fulfilling Cal’s desire to pump up pathetic Rupp, and the ultimate purpose of pumping up the ego’s of both he and Coach K. The white marble statue of Bolden will be placed at the entrance to the arena, and will be revered as the monument marking the unification of the two great powers. When Cal and K retire, Brad Calapari will take over the empire, and everyone will look back on the day that Bolden added Brad on Twitter as the day when everything was set in motion. Mark it down.

• Wow. Someone took their Creative Writing class seriously.

• RealCatsFan
      10:36 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Pretty funny. But I think you need to change it so that during the Medusa thing it is also revealed that K is in fact a vampire as many suspected, and since there was no wooden stake available Marquis has to defend himself by stabbing K in the heard with a pencil, thus ending the Duke reign of terror.

• RealCatsFan
      10:37 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

“heart”, not “heard”, but you get my point. (No pun intended)

7. Larry Pratt
    10:19 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Leo Criswell Lyons. That was a crazy mama scenario.

8. BMT
    10:47 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I see Scout.com now says that if they “had to make a prediction”, they’d say Duke.

9. Scdog
    10:49 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I don’t post a lot of comments on this site unless I know for sure what is going on with recruits. The Jerry Meyers of the world and Evan Daniels all they do is guess. Write it down Bolden will commit to UK today. This has been done for weeks. It had nothing to do if Lee was coming back or not because Cal was going to find a way for Bolden to be on the team no matter what.

• Care to reveal your source, or at least give us a reason to believe you have one?

• UKFandom
      11:02 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

All they do is guess? Then what the hell are you doing? Seriously unless you are Bolden’s slam piece you do not know. Otherwise others would know..if you had that much pull you wouldnt be on here bragging about it. Done deal.

• ukjaybrat
      11:02 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I like to believe that our program is squeaky clean. but is it at least a LITTLE curious that lee is having difficulty showing up in combine workouts days before Bolden wants to announce somewhere and out of nowhere, oh look someone who played like 5 minutes last year is transferring. I’m not suggesting that Matthews is being shown the door because even if he was, we’ll never know. But it seems to be a little too coincidental that the stars would align such that Briscoe and Lee both have room to come back and improve their stock and still have room for Bolden to come to UK as well.

• Realme
      11:03 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Well, let’s see. SCdog’s platform is a comment thread on someone else’s website. Can’t see any reason not to believe they have a better source than the actual recruiting experts.

• secrick
      11:06 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

If your wrong please say so on this site if you are right then i will say to you Good Guess .LOL.

• RealCatsFan
      11:06 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

jay, I see your point, but the fact is that now it is sounding questionable that Briscoe is coming back. Do you really think Cal would jettison a guard when we may be needing depth at that position next year (and the year after)? It would be more likely that he would “make room” by pushing out a lesser big, since we are in pretty good shape at that position.

• ukjaybrat
      11:12 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

well and that’s where the conspiracy theory ends. you’re right. but really, we wouldn’t have to jettison anybody. Winyard could red shirt if we REALLY needed room

• J-Dub421
      11:28 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Considering how little he played most of the season, I have NO trouble believing Matthews would transfer for more playing time. I’m feeling too lazy to look up how many minutes Matthews played per game, but I’m guessing it was 5 minutes or less.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

You are on track, J-Dub. Meanwhile, Thornton played quite a bit more for Duke.

10. DrSayre
    11:00 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

I won’t believe anybody until they use the phrase “Done Deal”

11. empiremaker
    11:22 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Didnt Martha Stewart went to jail for similar crime?

• Realme
      11:25 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

Yes, Martha did went to jail for a while for insider trading.

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:45 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

That is correct. Martha didn’t like the insider she had, so she swapped with her neighbor. Who knew it was illegal to trade insiders?

12. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am May 19, 2016 Permalink

So if the Brad Calipari thing works out the way Matt predicted (if Briscoe stays in draft), does it turn into a Saul Smith scenario for Cal? Big difference is that I can’t see Cal letting his son’s playing time get in the way of landing a big recruit like happened with Tubby (Jay Williams).

13. Scdog
    12:38 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

I am the source. This is not my “platform” I just like to read other peoples opinions. I am a financial advisor, currently I have five NBA hoopers as clients. One of them being from the Dallas area. Look back on my posts from weeks ago and I said Bolden to Uk. No I don’t follow high school ballers around and ask them where they are going to school. When a big time kid is committing to UK I know about it. Believe me or not,I don’t care because this is not a guess the boy is committing to UK.

• ukjaybrat
      2:46 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

“this is not a guess the boy is committing to UK.”

Sure seems like it was a guess to me…

10:33 pm May 19, 2016 Permalink

Do you know he was guessing? Perhaps he got bad information. That is also a possible conclusion.

• ukjaybrat
      7:25 am May 20, 2016 Permalink

Larry, you sure are hypocritical… further up in the comment section, you were all black and white postponed or not… and now this dude was absolutely incorrect about his assertion and you are defending him against your own beliefs simply because you don’t like me… it’s just too rich

1:56 pm May 20, 2016 Permalink

No, I am being black and white with this. And logical. Logic says there is more than one possible reason for his incorrect statement. You should really stop trying to correct people on here. You never know what you’re talking about.