Editor’s Note: The following was written by Harold Leeder, editor-in-chief of The New Circle Circular, Lexington’s #1 source of fake news you can’t count on.
If two people debate on KET and no one is around to see it, did it really happen? Well, after we only made three people angry last night live tweeting it, our guess is no. However, elections are important, so who better than fake news site, the New Circle Circular, to break it down for you. Here’s the Top 8 things we learned from last night’s debate coverage.
8. Both candidates revealed that they’re not cut out to be President of the United States after using the debate forum mostly to discuss legitimate policy ideas.
7. If you were a few minutes late to the debate, you missed their walkout music which for Rand Paul was “Stuntin’ Like My Daddy” by Lil Wayne and for Jim Gray “Hole In The Earth” by The Deftones.
6. Rand Paul went on the attack early by saying Gray was the 7th craziest person he’s ever debated.
5. Upsetting the Richmond voter base, after lengthy discussions on bridges in Kentucky, neither could answer a single trivia question on the book/movie, “Bridges Over Madison County.”
4. You have to be careful about putting your foot in your mouth. Jim Gray attacked Rand Paul for running for president, meanwhile totally forgetting that he’s planning to run for President of Gattitown next cycle.
3. Between all the discussions about holes and Jim Gray calling Rand Paul out for having “wild ass philosophies,” the KET program got hit with a PG-13 rating.
2. If you have a debate on Halloween night, no one watches it.
1. If you have a debate on KET, no one watches it.