Wes Welker hints he will not return money; Churchill says our bad

@MarcBlandford

@MarcBlandford

@MarcBlandford

Early this morning it was reported that Wes Welker was overpaid about $14,000 at the Kentucky Derby. Churchill Downs cited an overpayment due to “a tote machine malfunction” and a letter was sent to Welker asking for the money to be returned.

Here is the letter his camp received:

The topic was brought up when Welker was on the Dan Patrick Show this morning, and Welker said he was not going to return the money.

“I’ve heard about that. I’ve never heard of it actually happening, and supposedly my group got that, but we had no clue. They could have under-paid us and we wouldn’t have known. I had a wad of tickets and almost every single one won. Get in line”

Now it is being reported that it was all just a big mistake.

You can watch the full interview here:

What would you do?

@Sealey_KSR

Article written by Courtney Hessler

Ashley Judd is my spirit animal. Follow me on twitter at: @Hessler_KSR

12 Comments for Wes Welker hints he will not return money; Churchill says our bad

1. Wise Guy
    6:06 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Here’s a story ’bout Billy Jo and Bobby Sue……clap clap clap clap…..

• Joe Dan
      6:39 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Bwahahaha… well played

2. Old Codger
    6:16 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’d tell them to come out to Paw Paw’s house and get the money….if Paw Paw can get the honey.

3. RealCatsFan
    9:01 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’d tell them to kiss pappy on da’ head.

4. Jackass
    9:46 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

I would tell Churchill to blow out their backside. If I brought a mistake to their attention I am sure they wouldn’t do a damn thing to fix it. In fact, in the past I have and they don’t even give a hoot.

5. Entitlement
    10:04 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

Why would the arrogant pr*ck return money that doesn’t belong to him? It’s not like he makes a huge salary

• JBCat
      10:14 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

So I take it you’re with the arrogant pricks at Churchill that make a huge salary?
      Think they would return $ on an underpaid ticket? Haha….

6. Trent
    10:31 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

I’d give it to charity. WTF is 14 k to Wes welker? I’m tired of athletes being over paid and acting like that’s a big deal

7. Caveat to trot
    11:31 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

I would tell them I’d be happy to return the money on one condition. That they rehire whatever worker they fired when this incident occurred. If they want me to turn back time then they must do the same. Outside of any employees I couldn’t care less if an organization that “earns” it’s money in the gambling business loses $14,000.

8. idontflinch
    11:33 pm May 16, 2014 Permalink

What would I do? If I was big wig at Churchill Downs I would go bury my head in the sand somewhere.

Plus, like Trent above stated, Welker should donate it to charity. To make things even worse for Churchill Downs, Welker should donate that 14k in their name and let it be known he did so. Talk about egg in the face of Churchill Downs execs. Next time a situation similar to this comes around maybe they won’t handle it like a monkey humpin a football.

9. Ukfanman001
    5:38 am May 17, 2014 Permalink

I find it very hard to pull for either side. On the right you have an over paid guy who has a dream job who gets to travel the country at everyone else’s expense, on the other a place that steals money off the upper echelon (who steals money). I say send the money to me lol.
    I also used to be a pretty big Welker fan till I seen that interview, he seemed like an arrogant douche. That idiot actually admitted that he was bothered by fans wanting autographs and instead offered them $100 to leave him alone! Such a disappointment.

10. Blue Logic
    8:32 am May 17, 2014 Permalink

It wasn’t Wes Welker, it was a person in his crowd who was overpaid. Churchill Downs clarified that yesterday…..