We’re going to try this without Matt again (Friday Show Thread)

Yesterday’s 9:50 am show prep meeting

Matt Jones is still somewhere outside Kentucky so Ryan Lemond will be in charge of this morning’s Kentucky Sports Radio radio. And because yesterday was so much fun, I cleared my Friday morning schedule of sleeping in and not wearing pants before noon to lend him a hand.

This time we’re bringing in Jared Lorenzen for two hours, along with Nick Roush in the second hour to talk football. Wish us luck as we try to keep the KSR ship afloat one more day.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for We’re going to try this without Matt again (Friday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Ryan you rocked it yesterday… I am sure today will be just as good.

Thought and prayers to the guy that was shot on UK’s campus.

2. Big Curt
    10:15 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

That UK guy that got shot is crazy. Prayers to the family. This makes me very sad and I didn’t even know him…… just sad………

3. CuriousCat
    10:20 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Whatever you do…Please at some point call out Shannon the Dude for the Booty Shaking Contest Video lol!!!

4. J-Dub421
    10:31 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

I don’t think the UK players should be suspended. They defended themselves from a drunk belligerent fool in a bar fight. The other incident was unprovoked and Barker just got blind-sided by that tool.

• ukjaybrat
      10:44 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

i think they should have SOME sort of minor disciplinary action taken against them for poor decision making (i.e. not getting the hell out of dodge after being involved in a bar fight at a bar they shouldn’t have been in in the first place)

However, I do not think they should be suspended for fighting…

• J-Dub421
      11:10 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

I have a feeling that Jerzee’s Bar is going to be in some trouble for serving underage patrons…

• ukjaybrat
      11:25 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Unless there is video of serving the minors in the video, there’s nothing that can be done. It’s not illegal to be in a 21 and over bar – just illegal to serve alcohol to minors. Carding at the door is just the easiest way to assure that everyone in the building is of age so the bartender doesn’t have to card for every drink.

• ukjaybrat
      11:27 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

at least that is my interpretation of the law. facts are optional

• J-Dub421
      11:33 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Scurry is only 20 and has a beer in his hand at one point in the video.

5. UK_JB
    10:40 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

I am sure Ryan would like to sucker punch that guy who threw him that mud puddle at the Derby.

What will Ryan be doing for the Derby this year?

6. Realme
    10:44 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

More lame: Ky Joe or the Bang This Twins?

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Flip a coin, you’ll be right either way.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:45 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Yeah Ky Joe has never really been that funny to me. Not sure why they try to keep him relevant.

• J-Dub421
      11:47 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

I think they just throw Ky Joe a bone every now and then, like feeding a stray dog.

7. ukjaybrat
    11:28 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

It’s funny how many people complain about not talking about football or not getting enough football updates, but then when we have a football dedicated show, the comments section is a ghost town …

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

A lot of people just like to complain.

• bouzoukiman
      11:57 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

A couple things though:

1) The Show Thread is dead anyway because it is no longer a show thread.
      2) The comments section is a ghost town anyway compared to the days when no login was required. I had to change my user name because the system flagged my old one as a canned mushed up hammer.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Ryan has referenced the show thread the last two days in a row! I was shocked.

8. ukblue22
    11:29 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Jared just owned that Harry’s Razor Live Read!

9. Laker Cat 18
    11:40 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Where is the video of this booty shaking contest? Was it posted to the site?

• Realme
      11:45 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Drew was tweeting about it last night, so there’s probably a link on his twitter feed.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:52 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Good Lord. Is there any way I can UNwatch that?

• Realme
      11:56 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

I didn’t watch. Had a feeling I’d regret it.

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am April 17, 2015 Permalink

Do you need to bleach your brain now?

• Laker Cat 18
      12:06 pm April 17, 2015 Permalink

More than my brain. My whole body feels dirty now. Was there underwear in that thing? Sure hope so, was hard to tell. Good thing you didn’t watch, Realme.