Columbia! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends. Today the KSR caravan is in Columbia, Ky at Anderson’s Pizzeria, conveniently located at 1411 Campbellsville Road. Stop by if you’re in the area or listen in via your iHeart Radio devices to hear the guys talk Jamal Murray and tomorrow night’s draft.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Here’s an updated list of tour stops. We’re still finalizing a few, so be sure to check back as the week goes on.

June 24: Columbia — Anderson’s Pizza

August 10: Frankfort — Governor’s Mansion
August 11: Maysville — Laurel Oaks Golf Course
August 12: Danville — Tropic Sun Outdoors
August 13: Lexington — All Sports at Fayette Mall
August 14: Louisville

gotc-ksr

GuyOnTheCornerTickets.com is giving away UK basketball and football tickets at every tour stop this summer. That’s 33 chances to win, and all you have to do is come out to listen to your favorite radio show. That’s so easy even Ryan Lemond could do it!

Article written by Drew Franklin

44 Comments for Columbia! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:58 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Took awhile and gave up. Had to work.

What is the biggest crowd so far?

I hope to make it to one.

• ukjaybrat
      10:14 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

GAASSSSPPP

you weren’t first !!! oh noooos

• UK_JB
      10:23 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

That’s okay… won’t be the first time haha.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:25 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

All is now right in the world.

2. Laker Cat 18
    9:59 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Anderson’s is the bomb! Deep dish is great!

3. Laker Cat 18
    10:16 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I will wait until 10:01 AM to post in the future. My apologies.

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Don’t let it happen again. 🙂

• Laker Cat 18
      10:21 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I thought we were good in the off-season. Oops! Won’t happen again!

• J-Dub421
      10:23 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

There’s no mojo to worry about in the off-season, so you’re cool.

4. J-Dub421
    10:20 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

U of L fans are upset about Towles comments because they’re scared. They won’t admit to this, but they are. We all know that they only beat us by 4 points at home last season. They lost all their top play-makers on both sides of the ball, and this year they have to come to Lexington. U of L is going down.

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

exactly, we typically don’t care about Louisville basketball until the week of gameday (or unless one of their players does something stupid and we get to make fun of them). Mostly because we know there’s a really good chance we’re going to beat them every single year (sometimes twice!)… but louisville fans are all over ksr talking smack every single day… it’d be funny if it weren’t sad.

• J-Dub421
      10:30 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

We’re going to beat them in football and basketball this year. I’m calling it now.

5. realme
    10:25 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I will always love Boom for bringing the L’s down gesture to the field. I love it when a player from out of state comes in and jumps right in to the rivalry.

• J-Dub421
      10:26 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I love Boom, and his Dad is always highly entertaining.

6. J-Dub421
    10:25 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Who splits a bill with a significant other? It’s not worth the trouble. If anything you just alternate who pays.

• ukjaybrat
      10:27 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

my friends have been married for 1.5 years and they still split everything. her parents never got joined accounts and they did well, so she wanted to follow that same philosophy. Does it work for them? i guess, but i agree with you, just seems like such a hassle.

• realme
      10:31 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

My husband and I started out like that, but after a few years, we just mingled everything and it’s so much less stressful now. As long as you can trust each other not to make major purchases without discussing it, making everything “our money” makes life easier.

• J-Dub421
      10:33 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

My husband and I have one joint credit card, but separate bank accounts. We just divided who pays which bills. Going out to dinner, one or the other pays, and we may alternate that, but I’m not splitting a bill with him because it’s a hassle.

• ukjaybrat
      10:34 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

hehe, my friends always “fight” over who gets the odd penny…. hint: the husband always loses

7. houndstooth
    10:29 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Do you really think Terry Rozier will get drafted in the first round? I saw a projection of him going 30th.

• ukjaybrat
      10:36 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

if you believe louisville radio shows, they think he’s a lock.

They heard “rumors” that others players agents would not let their players scrimmage against Rozier during workouts because he was so good that he made their guys look bad… Rozier was a good player, but he wasn’t THAT good …

• Laker Cat 18
      10:38 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t listen to Louisville shows. Is that a comedy show with a little athletic touch or is there a legit Louisville sports radio?

• houndstooth
      10:39 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

ok- makes more sense, I hadn’t heard that. I just didn’t think he was that good.

• J-Dub421
      10:44 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

No, I think he’s a second rounder. He’s not very big, nor is he a good enough shooter to warrant a first round selection.

• J-Dub421
      10:59 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I also think Rozier will end up in Europe or Asia sooner rather than later.

8. Mike
    10:31 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t have AM on my radio at work. Can someone please post FM affiliates that carry KSR

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I don’t know about FM affiliates, but you can stream various channels on iheart.

9. Laker Cat 18
    10:31 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

If you’ve never tried this, you should. My girlfriend and I go on double dates occasionally where we obviously sit together across from our friends. When the waitress asks how the checks should be split, I always point to my buddy across from me and say, “It’s me and him on one.” The look on their face is priceless.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I have a friend who will always point to some random table across from us and tell the waiter “It’s all on that guy!”

• Laker Cat 18
      10:56 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I’ve also tried pointing to another worker and saying, “That guy said it was on the house.”

10. Pinkukfan
    10:33 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

What is up with Matt’s voice on that Blue Lights Across the Bluegrass commercial? He sounds like a chipmunk because they’ve sped it up or something.

11. Craig
    10:54 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I hate to pick one, but I’d have to go with Murray. A single player can just have a bigger impact in basketball than in football. A football player can be 1/11 of the team for half the game. A basketball player can be 1/5 of the team for the entire game. Losing one guy is a much bigger deal to a basketball team than to a football team.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Good point. I’d pick Murray right now because I’m pretty sure we’re already getting Kash Daniel, and I’m greedy and want both.

• ukjaybrat
      11:06 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

agreed. This is why lesser basketball programs can have a shining moment of brilliance. because of one player (davidson/curry).
      Or programs can turn around overnight with a really good recruit or two (UK-cal-wall-cousins)

But in football, it doesn’t matter how many top prospects you get, it will take time to turn around a program. One 5* player certainly is not going to do it alone, much less over night.

12. J-Dub421
    10:54 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Schools obviously cheat on their calculations for cost of living. There is no way Starkville costs more than Lexington, and Mississippi State’s stipend is significantly higher than UK’s. This cannot be right.

• realme
      11:06 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

I think the NCAA will eventually fix it, but hopefully not too much damage is done to our recruiting in the meantime. Or everyone will just continually “recalculate”.

13. Jim G
    11:21 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Is Matt’s sidekick putting on an act, or is he really that uniformed about current events, history, Kentucky geography, etc ?

14. J-Dub421
    11:23 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Why would the Kings keep a coach who can’t get along with their best player who they refuse to trade? This makes no sense. The kings ownership is stupid.

15. J-Dub421
    11:30 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

We do not have neutral site games in basketball. We have home games or away games. “Neutral court” games are just home games at a different location.

16. Jason
    11:40 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

If Jamal Murray doesn’t talk to the media and has to run everything through his father, then the media exposure may be too much for him. Cal has said, that Kentucky isn’t for everyone. Murray may be better off as the best player on a team that no one cares about.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:53 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

If that’s the case, he has no business in the NBA.

• J-Dub421
      12:01 pm June 24, 2015 Permalink

Laker Cat, that is the exact same thing I have been saying about all these kids that shy away from UK because they don’t want the spotlight. How are they going to handle the NBA?

17. realme
    11:49 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

If I was a Card fan, I’d be totally embarrassed by Rick.

18. Otto
    11:51 am June 24, 2015 Permalink

Matt do a show where you count how many stupid things Ryan says throughout the show