We want prenup! We want prenup! (Tuesday Show Thread)

Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond are over their disagreement on KSR’s prenuptial agreement and ready to move forward with sports today. They’ll preview tomorrow’s basketball game and the important football game ahead, plus whatever comes up along the way.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

65 Comments for We want prenup! We want prenup! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. VitaminCBold
    9:58 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

their*

2. TSmithPage
    9:59 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Over where? Over there…

3. I’m sure the fellas will be talking about JoJo Kemp’s appearance on the SEC Network that was just profiled in a post just above the Show Thread, so this is my comment on that post:

JoJo, if you read this, I’ll never forget you putting the team on your back against SC and leading us to that win. I’ll also never forget seeing the assistant coach LITERALLY putting you on HIS back (okay, it was really his shoulder) and carrying you off the field because you were so exhausted. I appreciate that you seem to be always smiling just like Dominique Hawkins.

Good luck and God bless in whatever your future endeavors are young man!!! You are a class act.

• ukjaybrat
      10:13 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

well put. and completely agree

• secrick
      10:14 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Thanks Chris, Same to you and i agree about JoJo.

• J-Dub421
      10:57 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I love Jojo. He’s been playing the last several games with a broken hand. If that isn’t toughness and heart, then I don’t know what is.

• Did you all notice the *beautiful* Power K on JoJo’s letterman jacket???

• Realme
      11:10 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Chris that is exactly why he has been my favorite player for the last few years.

• runningunnin.454
      11:27 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I always admired the jacket with the big ‘K’; unfortunately, I wasn’t athletically gifted in any one sport so as to make a major college team. There was a friend from my county, and we shared rides home and back; one day he was wearing a letterman’s jacket, and I said, “how did you get that?” He said he was on the track team.
      If he had ever mentioned it, I would have gone to some of his meets. So, yes, jealous a bit.

• J-Dub421
      11:37 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Lol, I have a varsity letter and chevrons from high school, but no jacket to put them on. They sadly reside in a box in my closet.

• runningunnin.454
      11:44 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I have a lettermen’s jacket from HS for basketball; but, I was going to make UK’s team…..no.

4. Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the BBN, especially the regular “Show Threaders”! God bless and safe travels if you are going to see family!

• ukjaybrat
      10:14 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Happy Thanksgiving to you and everyone else as well.
      This is my favorite holiday.

• J-Dub421
      10:58 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

It’s the watch football and eat yourself into a food coma holiday!! Happy Turkey Day everyone!

• Realme
      11:11 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Ditto.

5. CATandMONKEY
    10:21 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Nice words Zoukiman. Must simply and genuinely agree.

6. secrick
    10:33 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Talking to a friend last night and he thinks Boom will be back next year and i think he may be gone. He said he is to small for the NFL. Not sure i agree with him.

• ukjaybrat
      10:36 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

He’s not Tyler Ulis small, but he’s not exactly what NFL scouts are looking for in terms of size. Tyler absolutely HAD to go because he wasn’t going to improve his game enough to make up for his size. Another year for Boom however could be tremendous, especially since the schedule favors us next year, he could have a great season. The only fear could be that with Bennie getting better and better, would he be sharing all those reps? could he potentially lose even more? what if he gets hurt again? those are questions he’d have to consider after the bowl game.

• It would be great to have him back, but just like on the bball side, I can understand if he goes pro, especially when running backs are so prone to injury.

• runningunnin.454
      10:38 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

They said the same thing about Randall Cobb.
      Tennessee said he was too small to play major college football….oops.

• Jay, Boom & Bennie are a great tandem. If it wasn’t already taken by Army years ago, we could call them “Mr. Inside & Mr. Outside”.

7. runningunnin.454
    10:36 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

There’s a football game this weekend?
    Happy Thanksgiving to all Cat Fans.

8. NYC Cats Fan
    10:37 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

My turkey is Don McLean. The guy that does the American Pie song. A lot of people like that song but I hate it because of the line “good ol’ boys drinking whisky and rye.” You can’t drink whisky and rye because you’ll be drinking whisky and whisky because rye IS WHISKY. I can’t believe no one at any point was like, “Hey Don? this whisky and rye line, you wanna rethink that?”

9. kydonblanket
    10:46 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

The guy’s voice in the Arby’s commercials are definitely up there

10. CATandMONKEY
    10:52 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Uhhh, Shannon, The Dude as opposed to Shannon The Chick.

11. runningunnin.454
    10:53 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I’ll also go along with Jay Bilas; first, the Duke thing; and he was biased in last year’s Kansas game. He cried all game long about the Jayhawks’ foul trouble, and practically all of our guys fouled out. Even in OT while Kansas was shooting 16 FT’s to win, he was still crying.

• kydonblanket
      10:53 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Jay Bilas is a prick who just wants to play college players..also his twitter tweeting out rap lyrics every morning gets old

• ukjaybrat
      10:56 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

then stop following him on twitter

• CATandMONKEY
      11:07 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Jay is a Dookie but the most intelligent and fair one that I can recall. I can’t disagree about the Kansas game but since Cal arrived you would be hard pressed to find a media member who has OVERALL been more fair to UK. He is still a Dookie though so your point is totally justified regardless of my interpretation of Bilas.

12. kydonblanket
    10:53 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

They need new callers on this show, repetition and same voices….need to overhaul that not the site

• ukjaybrat
      10:55 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

then you call

• CATandMONKEY
      10:58 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

UKjaybrat wins the internet for elegant yet simple solution to a posed problem. Boom!

13. CATandMONKEY
    10:56 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I love that Tony Malito continues to raise the bar of obnoxiousness despite the very vocal opposition to his commercials. He is obviously selling cars.

Also, TOTALLY agree with Meryl Streep. Pretentious much?

• J-Dub421
      11:04 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

When I’m in my car, I change the channel as soon as I hear, “Woo!”

14. Ray in Paducah
    10:57 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

My turkey is Nike, for forcing checkerboards, new UK font, and K-State’s logo onto everything. And for getting rid of our Cat’s phallic tounge.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:59 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

The secondary logo is atrocious and unnecessary.

• ukjaybrat
      11:01 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

i don’t love it, but i don’t dislike it either. only problem i have is that it looks too much like Kansas State’s logo.

15. J-Dub421
    11:02 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Sorry I was late to the party today. Iheart was being a pain and I had to uninstall and re-install it. There was swearing…

16. CATandMONKEY
    11:10 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

MVB FTW.

17. Butch Jones’ comment sounds a lot like “YOU get a trophy! YOU get a trophy! EVERYBODY gets a trophy!!!”

18. RealCatsFan
    11:20 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

My turkey is not really a person at all – it is collectively all the jewelry dealers who clog up the airwaves with their advertisements, in particular Shane (in the Louisville market) and Genesis. Can’t stand either – maybe it is just because I am a cheapskate and I couldn’t think of a bigger waste of money. 🙂

19. RealCatsFan
    11:22 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Maybe it’s on my end, because our network is absolutely crawling today, but iHeart is nearly unbearable to listen to. Constant dropouts and repeats, on both 1080 and 630. Ugh. 🙁

20. runningunnin.454
    11:37 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I agree with Matt; I like Vitale; he has been a great ambassador for the college game. And, he never says anything bad about anybody.

• Agreed. I know some don’t like his act, but I’ve always loved it. I can see where it might wear thin for some. For instance, I used to like Chris Berman, but his act has worn thin for me.

• J-Dub421
      11:42 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I like him and think he is a nice man, but it’s extremely annoying to listen to him call games. All his annoying phrases and constant yelling get on my nerves.

• Realme
      11:44 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I love it when he’s pumping up Ky and hate him when he’s pumping up Duke or chastising our entire fan base when he sees mean tweets.

• runningunnin.454
      11:50 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I’ll agree some of his expressions are annoying…..get tired of the “diaper dandy” thing.

21. runningunnin.454
    11:39 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

I can’t eat cranberry sauce unless it’s shaped like the can.

22. RealCatsFan
    11:48 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Matt is right – some of the wealthiest people I have known are also the most miserable. In general, you make your mind up to be happy or miserable, and life events can influence that temporarily, but you will eventually swing back to your norm. The happiest people are those who don’t compare their lot in life to others, and who are truly thankful for the good things and people in their life. A good theme for this week. Happy Thanksgiving!

• Realme
      11:51 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Money could remove stress from a lot of people’s lives, but it can’t make a miserable person change their personality.

23. RealCatsFan
    11:50 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Chester’s spirit animal must be a bul .

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Ahem – bull.

24. RealCatsFan
    11:53 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Matt just got owned by Alex. 🙂

• Realme
      11:56 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

She should all more often.

• Realme
      11:56 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

*call

25. runningunnin.454
    11:56 am November 22, 2016 Permalink

Oh, no; did Matt just say we had the 2nd best basketball coach?
    No No No….

26. Joe B. Y'all
    12:01 pm November 22, 2016 Permalink

Not that I would have won, but Matt you didn’t offer my turkey, KSR, to Ryan and Shannon as a choice!!!! You’re back on my list! JK