The season is on the home stretch now, and the folks here at KSR love getting your input on things… relevant and bizarre. We have to get a little creative around here sometimes.Earlier this summer I started a weekly series called “We Ask You Wednesdays,” that brought in some great responses from many readers via Twitter.
Each week, the question will change and we will hit on a variety of topics, mostly UK-related… but you never know. Each week the best responses will make it on to the website. This week’s twenty ninth volume of the “We Ask You Wednesday” allowed Kentucky fans to answer the following question via Twitter in 140 characters or less: AS A KENTUCKY FAN, WHAT ARE YOU MOST LOOKING FORWARD TO OVER THE NEXT 12 MONTHS?
I would amend this to beating Louisville in __(insert all of the sports)__
– Arnold Brown (@abro57) April 8, 2015
The 2 most popular answers? Getting to a bowl game and winning our 9th title in basketball…
– The NatureBoy 40 (@thenatureboy40) April 8, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR football team going to a bowl game, and another shot at #9
– jennie keller (@jkillerkella) April 8, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR Beating Florida in football. Getting to a bowl game. Cats getting back to the final four.
– Andrew (@ukandrew) April 8, 2015
I’m really excited to see Alex back in uniform, too. I hope he has a dream senior year.
– Kirk Sanderson (@K_S_3) April 8, 2015
You’ve got a point there…
– Devon Pelfrey (@DPelf) April 8, 2015
– Sarah McGregor (@crzygameofpoker) April 8, 2015
There is a really huge sense of pride when one of our guys gets called at #1. After Nerlens Noel got the raw end of that deal, I’m ready to see another Wildcat in that first slot.
@AllyTuckerKSR Kentucky finally having another No. 1 draft pick with Karl-Anthony Towns
– Kindsey Bernhard (@kbernhardKSR) April 8, 2015
– Jay (@jpdII24) April 8, 2015
Sure it will….
@AllyTuckerKSR the Ryan Lemond Derby of things that never happen
– Jarrod Hogue (@jarrodhogue) April 8, 2015
There really is something magical about playing under the lights after a day of fun.
@AllyTuckerKSR first night game for football is always my favorite. It’s so magical.
– J.C. Ausmus (@JC_KSR) April 8, 2015
The best way to get people on the bandwagon? Win, win, WIN.
– Stephen Huntsman (@ThirdandVermont) April 8, 2015
That is super specific. I believe Big Blue Madness is right around that time as well.
@AllyTuckerKSR To be super specific, the Thursday night football game against Auburn followed by Friday at Keeneland sounds like a good time
– Aaron Flener (@AFlenerKSR) April 8, 2015
But when? I’m still sad.
@AllyTuckerKSR the sadness to be over.
– Havana Childers âœŒ (@HChilders326) April 8, 2015
That’s probably wishful thinking on the 4 players drafted, but the #1 class, 6 wins and a return to the final 4 might be in the cards.
@AllyTuckerKSR losing only 4 players to the draft, #1 class coming in, 6 wins in football and a return to the final 4. Too much to ask?
– Chris Hamby (@Chris_Hamby) April 8, 2015
BEST/MOST SPECIFIC ANSWER OF THE WEEK:
– Darth (@KYDarth) April 8, 2015