The off-season is technically over, but the folks here at KSR love getting your input on things… relevant and bizarre. We have to get a little creative around here sometimes.Earlier this summer I started a weekly series called “We Ask You Wednesdays,” that brought in some great responses from many readers via Twitter.
Most of you all, All of you all, Everyone but my Mom and Dad,Some of you all probably hate it, but it’s either this or I’ll post another Trey Lyles mix tape.
Each week, the question will change and we will hit on a variety of topics, mostly UK-related… but you never know. Each week the best responses will make it on to the website. This week’s ninth volume of the “We Ask You Wednesday” allowed Kentucky fans to answer the following question via Twitter in 140 characters or less: WHAT KENTUCKY-RELATED THING/PERSON ARE YOU MOST GRATEFUL FOR THIS THANKSGIVING?
Amen to that.
@AllyTuckerKSR coach cal. Without him who know where we are
– NebrasKAT (@NebrasKAT1) November 26, 2014
– John Riley (@J11Riley) November 26, 2014
I think we are all grateful for the coaches in pretty much every sport here at Kentucky these days.
@AllyTuckerKSR Stoops, without question
– Ethan (@Whitemillls) November 26, 2014
Hey, whatever it takes.
– Josh Russell (@jruss4uk) November 26, 2014
The true meaning of Thanksgiving spirit….
@AllyTuckerKSR I’m thankful Shagari’s post-Thanksgiving upper deckers were contained to Wildcat Lodge.
– Jax Teller (@jaxteller_KY) November 26, 2014
A sweeter version of the Thanksgiving spirit…
@AllyTuckerKSR My long time childhood buddy’s dad who introduced me to UK basketball.
– H B Quinn (@hbquinn) November 26, 2014
Spinning in rolly chairs, dancing on the sidelines, talking about 100 pound coats….
@AllyTuckerKSR Swagger Cal
– Mary Stewart (@Mswilcat) November 26, 2014
Speaking of 100 pound coats. Did you get yours at the Burlington Coat Factory?
@AllyTuckerKSR my 100lb coat
– David Tade (@DavidTade1) November 26, 2014
That was awfully nice of him. I hope you weren’t wearing orange.
@AllyTuckerKSR guy that sits behind the bench in the blue glasses(Bill Morgan)for letting me sit in his seat for the last 10 min last night
– Sheena Burkeen (@MissSheenaB) November 26, 2014
@AllyTuckerKSR Matt Jones
– dwlex (@dwlex) November 26, 2014
I think this goes for basketball and football.
@AllyTuckerKSR good recruiting
– Chris from Paducah (@univerky) November 26, 2014
Bobby Knight does not approve this message.
@AllyTuckerKSR Those 8 National Championship troph… I mean, all the wonderful education that school has given all these years.
– Eric McClanahan (@KentuckyWild20) November 26, 2014
That’s good “keep things in perspective” advice. Also, beat Louisville.
@AllyTuckerKSR Stoops. We said this was a rebuilding year & it has been. I’ll happily take 5 Ws & a FB coach I want around for the long haul
– Erin Waggoner (@erinwaggoner) November 26, 2014
As long as someone else was behind the wheel.
– BackdoorSlider (@BDSlider) November 26, 2014
@AllyTuckerKSR Dom Papa
– Tyler Bloyd (@TBloydLWC) November 26, 2014
@AllyTuckerKSR Kentucky men’s basketball team
– Janetta Grigsby (@drewsdarlin) November 26, 2014
Having a consistent outside shooting threat is certainly always a blessing after the West Virginia calamity of 2010.
@AllyTuckerKSR Devin Booker, 7/8 with 19 points. He’s a beast!
– Caleb Royce Hogg (@caleb_hogg) November 26, 2014
Eat D. Lamb? How about Tweet D. Lamb.
– J.C. Ausmus (@JC_KSR) November 26, 2014
BEST ANSWER OF THE WEEK:
I hate that song. So much. It makes me very much the opposite of happy.
@AllyTuckerKSR I’m grateful every time “Happy” stops playing at basketball games
– Havana Childers âœŒ (@HChilders326) November 26, 2014