The season is sadly now over, and the folks here at KSR love getting your input on things… relevant and bizarre. We have to get a little creative around here sometimes. Last summer I started a weekly series called “We Ask You Wednesdays,” that brought in some great responses from many readers via Twitter.
Each week, the question will change and we will hit on a variety of topics, mostly UK-related… but you never know. Each week the best responses will make it on to the website. This week’s twenty ninth volume of the “We Ask You Wednesday” allowed Kentucky fans to answer the following question via Twitter in 140 characters or less: OUT OF ALL THE KENTUCKY BASKETBALL SEASONS/TOURNEY RUNS … WHAT ONE CHAMPIONSHIP DO YOU FEEL IS “THE ONE THAT GOT AWAY?”
By far this most popular answer… and to me the most heartbreaking because we were 2 games away from history….
@AllyTuckerKSR THIS YEAR! No doubt
– Nicki Thacker (@JNThack) April 30, 2015
– Havana Childers âœŒï¸ (@HChilders326) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR This one, far and away
– Adam Story (@AdamStory135) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR No doubt this year. It was almost just too good to be true.
– Stormie (@stormiebartley) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR this year
– Kristen Wilhite (@Kristenn_2) April 30, 2015
This one gets lost in the shuffle sometimes because of how up and down the season was… but anytime you make it to THE game and lose… rough
@AllyTuckerKSR 2014 without a doubt.
– Jeri DeAnn Beal (@Jeri_DeAnn_Beal) April 30, 2015
Sometimes I forget that it was only 1 point… the game felt more out of reach at times than that.
– J.C. Ausmus (@JC_KSR) April 30, 2015
There’s just something about that team….
@AllyTuckerKSR 2010, no doubt about it. Best and most exciting team.
– Scott Gee (@cubfan23) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR John wall and Boogie year. We were the best and we had the swag, and the basketball gods had other plans
– Ryan (@rystor) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR 2003 is the forgotten season. Without Bogans twisting his ankle against Wisconsin, son of a bitch they cost us that title too
– AWD (@awdahl14) April 30, 2015
I still see that play in my nightmares where the guy throws a ball over his head (no look) perfectly into the hands of his brother….
@AllyTuckerKSR just because everyone is going to say 2015 or 2010, I’m saying 2004. Best team in the country and we lose to UAB in 2nd rd.
– Michael Draper (@JM_Draper) April 30, 2015
I can’t hate on him for not playing him to protect his future… but man, we did have that game won.
@AllyTuckerKSR 97. Why wouldn’t Rick play DA?!
– Alex Priar (@A_Priar94) April 30, 2015
@AllyTuckerKSR 1997 we had that one won
– mad hatter (@JacobSwift1) April 30, 2015
MOST DEPRESSING ANSWER OF THE WEEK:
– John M. Martin (@johnmmartin) April 30, 2015