WATCH: UK Baseball shows off stadium in World Series commercial

If you watched Game 1 of the World Series last night, you might have seen a familiar face and heard a familiar voice during one of the commercial breaks.

Nick Mingione and John Calipari teamed up to show off UK Baseball’s new stadium in an ad that played in the Lexington TV market:

Kentucky Proud Park really is a Field of Dreams. Earlier this week, UK Baseball released its 2019 schedule:

On Monday, the KSR Baseball Podcast crew brought in J.T. Riddle, Doug Flynn, and Austin Kearns to preview the World Series and discuss that beautiful new ballpark. Give it a listen:

The KSR Baseball Podcast’s 2018 World Series Preview

[mobile_ad]

8 Comments for WATCH: UK Baseball shows off stadium in World Series commercial

1. Shidler8684
    12:08 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

Nice!!!

2. Why does the jersey look like UNCheat blue? Am I wrong or does our color seem to have lightened over the last few years? I never noticed it until someone made that comment on KSR maybe a year or so ago. It seems sometimes like it’s not the old royal blue any more, and I don’t want to be that close to Carolina powder blue.

• UKPROF
      4:08 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

As you can see from my comment below….I TOTALLY AGREE. STOP THE FADED UGLY BLUE!!!!!

3. UKPROF
    4:03 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

When (or why?) did UK begin changing it’s UK BLUE color to a slightly faded ugly North Carolina blue? UK blue IS a color and I wish someone would/could enforce that issue. We should NOT be changing our strips, OR our colors. So, what’s up with the ugly baseball shirt color, coach?

• UKPROF
      4:05 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

yes…it’s a typo, the word is stripes.

4. jaws2
    4:21 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

Probably an idea that came from the same folks that loves that new Kansas St wildcat logo we copied!!!!
    I’ll never own anything with that crap on it!

• UKPROF
      6:24 pm October 24, 2018 Permalink

Absolutely totally agree with that too. Dislike the Kansas wildcat ‘logo’, and dislike ours even more. I do not own ANYTHING UK with that ugly faded blue color OR with that screwed up wildcat logo.

5. maximumscott