WATCH: Raiders introduce fans to Lynn Bowden

(Photo via UK Athletics)

Nearly a month ago, the Las Vegas Raiders made Lynn Bowden the 80th pick of the 2020 NFL Draft. The First Team All-American’s career at Kentucky blue was a nonstop highlight reel, and Raider fans are expecting similar production when he dons the silver and black.

The organization gave their fans a taste of what’s to come in a tribute video shared on Twitter.

The Raiders drafted Bowden as a running back and plan to start him off at that position, according to head coach Jon Gruden. Las Vegas loaded up on offensive talent early in the draft, selecting two wide receivers: Alabama’s Henry Ruggs in the first round and South Carolina’s Bryan Edwards one pick after Bowden in the third.

The Raiders appear to be in for an offensive revolution, and with his versatility and grit, Bowden could be a major difference-maker early in his career.

Article written by Ty Schadt

8 Comments for WATCH: Raiders introduce fans to Lynn Bowden

1. tdub
    11:53 am May 17, 2020 Permalink

Man, it was fun watching him play!

2. KyZoneBlitz
    12:24 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Lynn Bowden was the ONLY Smart Offensive weapon choice the Raiders made in the draft. Dont get me wrong, I think Henry Ruggs is a really good WR, but at the spot they were drafting at in the 1st round, iirc, not a single WR had been taken yet. So, they had their pick from the cream of the crop and with that pick, they draft a kid who was the THIRD best WR on his own college team. WITHOUT QUESTION AND/OR HESITATION, if I had that pick for the Raiders, and WR was the decision, Jerry Jeudy was a NO-BRAINER (Other than our guy Lynn Bowden of course, lol). Maybe you think about the kid from LSU, but even then, Jeudy has your prototypical #1 WR size, Speed and Athleticism to back it all up, the complete package, everytime I watched a Bama game, the kid reminded me of a more slender Julio Jones. I guess I could be wrong, but, drafting Jeudy also frees up Bowden for the slot along with RB, Return man, etc.. Just my opinion, not even gonna give reason on Edward’s, half of his stats came from teams doubling up Deebo most of his career.

3. KyZoneBlitz
    12:55 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

So, I posted my comment before I watched the video in the article. Several things….

1. – I SWEAR, and this is no disrespect to the rest of the core, I think weve got a ton of talent that only needs a chance to break through and provide a monster season, BUT!!!, without question, I would give an Arm to have 1 more season with Lynn Bowden Jr –(As well as 1 more season with Ahmad Wagner!! I think Wagner makes a roster in the NFL, and if he wouldve came to UK straight from high school, he wouldve been drafted atleast around the same spot as Lynn Bowden, possibly sooner, that’s how high I think his ceiling is IMO of course, lol)– A Senior, Lynn Bowden Jr, leading our WR room this upcoming season, especially with both Terry Wilson and Sawyer Smith coming back at 100% Health. If he wouldve came back and our QBs stay healthy, I think he gets around 1,000-1,300 yards, 70-100 catches, 7-15 TDs, and probably closer to the higher numbers in those ranges IMO.
    2. – The video the Raiders put together for Bowden barely even glimpsed his true skills, that kid is a DAWG, a Stone Cold PURE WILL TO WIN. Which is ALSO the craziest part!!!!
    3. The video was good but they couldve EASILY IMO made him look 50 times better. They listed him as Lynn Bowden – Pick 80 – RB Kentucky, it should have said RB/QB/PR/KR/WR Kentucky. They listed that Bowden led the SEC in rushing with 1,468 yards. They should have ALSO mentioned that he did that in 7 GAMES (8 with the Bowl iirc) Which is Insane when you think about the fact that he did it IN THE SEC, which is the best conference in America, its public knowledge by all in the NFL that the biggest and baddest play in our league hands down. I’m not personally a Raiders fan but love the colors and will undoubtedly be getting a BOWDEN JR Raiders Jersey because that thing is going to be FIRE!!! GO CATS – STOOPSTROOPS

4. 4everUKBlue
    2:18 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Henry Ruggs is a pretty good receiver too….not saying he’s better than Jeudy because Jeudy is awesome, but Ruggs was the fastest in this year’s draft, watch his highlights on yt. We’re really going to miss Lynn Bowden, I selfishly wanted him to com back another year, but I think he’s going to make some noise in the NFL.

5. michaelb
    2:34 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Rawr!!! By week 8 he will be a star

6. bbn606
    4:32 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

The term human hi light reel is often overused but Bowden diffidently has had his moments and this reel didn’t even include some of his finest, td at Fla, punt return vs Mizzou and punt return vs Penn St.

7. Brandon
    8:06 pm May 17, 2020 Permalink

Listed him as a rb @ Kentucky ????

• Brandon