WATCH: NASCAR drivers push Bubba Wallace’s car to starting grid

NASCAR rallied around Bubba Wallace with a wide show of support prior to the start of today’s GEICO 500 down at Talladega. Wallace’s No. 43 car was escorted to the starting grid by Wallace’s opponents on foot, then he shared hugs with all of the drivers before they started their engines.

See the powerful opening to the race below:

As for the race, it is currently in yet another weather delay due to rain. The leader, Tyler Reddick, got 57 laps in during today’s rescheduled race, but things are still at a halt right now.

Meanwhile, the FBI is investigating the noose found in Wallace’s garage.

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for WATCH: NASCAR drivers push Bubba Wallace’s car to starting grid

1. lizard king
    5:17 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Nice that competitors can stick together.

Now what happens if it’s found out Bubba did this himself like Jesse Smullette did.

• TonyMontana
      6:04 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

I suppose we could just look at the million other racist events that happen everyday.

2 young children from my local elementary school organized a march with the Police Chief at City Hall. They were around 11 or 12 and like 95% of my county, white. The march was family friendly and consisted of many children. There were counter-protestors there waving confederate flags. Two older white women noticed a young black girl and screamed “I will teach my grandchildren to hate you!”

The confederate flag may have a different meaning to some but ultimately we all know it’s true meaning and why it’s being waved. Germany never had a Hitler statue but we still know the history and it cant be erased. Fighting for equal rights should be something we all support. To see adults screaming at children who just want to be treated the same as other children is the perfect representation of why this is happening.

I have a ton of pride in the south. I consider us the best. We’re the only region in the country who chant our conference name – S-E-C! The majority of us are good people, but racism runs deep down here and we all need to do our part. Let the new south be better than the old south.

• TPACAT
      7:45 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Highly doubt that story in the digital age, Tony. There should be video of that all over the place, especially the two “older white women” you refer to. You think the social media mob wouldn’t dox and destroy their lives immediately nowadays? Sketchy at best…

• Jambluehue99
      10:14 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

What’s going on these days isn’t fighting for equal rights. Everyone has equal rights. Today’s “protests” is full on riots and destruction of private and public property. Completely counterproductive. Let’s stop with the “fighting for rights” cover story. Call it what it is, criminals acting out because the so-called liberal leaders will do nothing to stop them. All based on misinformation and propaganda and a public that is too easily led to believe whatever the media wants them to.

• TPACAT
      7:16 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

What are the chances the exact same phrase was used, eh, Tony?:

• RealCatsFan
      6:23 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

I think some people are really hoping it will turn out that way so that they can continue to justify their ignorant, selfish, backward, racist attitudes. But I seriously doubt it.

• nocode96
      6:53 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Your name is an obvious reference to The Doors and I can promise you Jim would hate you and your straw man “yeah, buts”. I’ll play your game too then, what if it turns out it’s the crew chief of another driver? Well you call for his termination? Will you apologize for insinuating that this dude set it up himself? Or you just gonna stay mad because people like you are finally getting called out on your bs?

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      8:12 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      8:13 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      8:14 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Nocode, I don’t know who did it, and neither do you. Incidents like this being staged actually is not that rare. Read the columns I just linked.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      8:15 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

And BTW, yes, of course if it’s another driver or a crew member they should be fired.

• 4everUKBlue
      3:54 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Sorry nocode, Morrison was not who he was portrayed to be, do some research and you will find out that he and every other 60’s music star in Laurel Canyon had fathers who were part of the military industrial complex, Naval Intelligence, etc. Even more strange the largest movie studio in Hollywood was the Lookout Mountain Laboratory Air Force Station which just happened to be in Laurel Canyon. It was used for propaganda films, etc, many big name stars of the time worked there. Look into Morrison’s father’s involvement in the Gulf of Tonkin Incident and how that BS staged event.

• TPACAT
      7:13 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

His Dad was an ADMIRAL. The tallest of cotton…

2. JEUofK
    6:21 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

White Democrats and liberals in the South are still very racist. Have been for a very long time. They hate Trump because he’s the most pro-Israel President in history.

The most racist people in the country, however, are black Muslims from the Nation of Islam. That’s millions of people, and we’re not even counting black on white racism that happens daily (I played on an all-black AAU team…very few, if any black kids face real racism like white kids do).

This young liberals think because they go to high school with four black kids that they’re inclusive. Just wait until they get into the real world. Democrats I know are the most racist group of people (both white and black).

• RealCatsFan
      6:24 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Oh good lord – justify much?

• Han
      6:52 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

I don’t know which is worse: that you actually believe any of this, or that you don’t and you find it funny to troll like this.

• nocode96
      6:54 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

JEU I don’t even know wtf to say to such a stupid remark.

3. JASUN74
    7:17 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

That was powerful. Made something crazy happen with my eyeballs, . Probably just some dust or something in the air. Lol. I don’t care Who you are, what color you are or where you’re from, I love every single one of you. I pray every night that people will just love each other and be nice to each other. We’re still struggling in this country with hate and I hate it!!!

4. TPACAT
    7:42 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Will be interesting to see, IF ol’ Bubba pulled a Jussie Smollett, will NASCAR keep their vow to “permanently bar the person responsible”…

5. lizard king
    7:44 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Well I never claimed anything. But unlike others I don’t believe everything until I have more proof. Jesse Smullett can take the blame for that.
    I doubt Bubba did it but no one thought Smullette did either at first and the media was fast to act on it.

Because I have an opinion or think of an alternative motive don’t make me racist.

That’s the problem that people have now, if you have an opinion that Is different then you are wrong.

• 4everUKBlue
      3:42 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

I agree there are so many staged events these days and most are very easy to spot if you use critical thinking and don’t automatically accept the MSM narrative. Interesting fact about Morrison….his father was the Admiral of the Bon Homme Richard, which involved in the Gulf Of Tonkin false flag incident which started the Viet Nam conflict. Social engineering has been used for decades to steer the public and these staged events are still being used to socially engineer citizens today.

6. StuckinLville
    8:41 pm June 22, 2020 Permalink

Well I believe there is absolutely no place for this type of crap in today’s society, I must say, I get tired of hearing someone referred to as “black” when they are clearly biracial. Are you ashamed to be part white or something? I dont get that. But again, to not seem like I’m making light of the situation, I think it’s absolutely disgusting and still awesome of him to being wearing a USA face mask. The only way to address racism and these types of acts is to not let it get to you and show you are better than the person committing the act. Classy move by him and all the drivers.

• RealCatsFan
      9:42 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

Keep in mind that in the past biracial people had to put up with hearing things like “half breed” and “mongrel”, in addition to the plain old n-word, from the moronic mouth breathers. Do people who are half Mexican refer to themselves as biracial? No, they are still considered Hispanic. Do people who are half Chinese and half caucasian refer to themselves as biracial? No, they are typically grouped in as Asian. Maybe people who are part caucasian and part black are actually proud of their heritage! (Mind blown)

Now where is that face-palm emoji?

• TPACAT
      9:57 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

So, RCF, by that logic, why do they refer to themselves as “African-American” rather than just “American”. Therein lies part of the problem, if you ask me…

• madarchitect
      11:03 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

TPACAT – because there are a lot of Black people that are not from Africa. Where have you been? Your comments appear like your pocket is slightly inside out.

• TPACAT
      6:41 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

That’s exactly my point, mad. 99% of the folks who refer to themselves as “African-American” have never stepped foot in Africa and should rightly consider themselves simply as “American” without the dash. Where the hell have YOU been? And, BTW, both of my pockets ARE turned inside out – you ever kissed a rabbit on the nose?

• 4everUKBlue
      3:44 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

What do you call a white US citizen who comes from Africa? Wouldn’t that person also be an African American?

7. friendsofcoal
    12:29 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

I’m not buying it…It’s a Smullett deal for sure. I’m not saying Bubba did it at all but whoever did it was to the far left. They are willing to do anything and go to great lengths to beat Trump! They’re just smart enough to know that the best “redneck” sport to target is nascar. Come on folks…we’re all better than this!

• madarchitect
      11:05 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

How can you say it’s a Smullet deal for sure and say we’re all better than this in the same comment? The politically brainwashed are definitely coming out in full force lately.

• friendsofcoal
      11:21 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

You’re exactly right on the “political brainwashed”….we all know what party is brainwashed. All I’m saying is that Trump is our president now and the left needs to stop the BS! If Biden wins then I’ll tip my cap to him and watch miserably like I did through 8 years of Obama. You can’t tell me that everything going on today in this country isn’t political. Maybe I’m old school but I don’t want to see our country go down in flames and it’s on the verge of it now.

• friendsofcoal
      11:23 am June 23, 2020 Permalink

On the Bubba deal, it’s either been staged by someone in an attempt to cause an uproar or it was the garage door pull rope. I’d be willing to bet a lot of money on it!

• RealCatsFan
      2:12 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

I guess we’ll have to see how it all washes out. The link you posted makes a logical point, but I seriously doubt that Bubba is dumb enough to mistake a pull rope for a noose that was hung as a racist statement. And if you want to deny that there is still some inherent racism in the sport, there’s this:

I have been a fan of auto racing and NASCAR since I was a kid. I think the great majority of the fans are not racist, but you do have a certain small number who are. I don’t think anyone can legitimately deny that. I think things have gotten better overall, but we still have work to do. And let me say that I do not necessarily agree with some of the things being proposed by the extreme far left any more than I agree with the extreme far right. Can’t we as a nation find some common sense in the middle?

• TPACAT
      6:49 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

RCF, NASCAR is a microcosm of society in that there likely are a percentage of racists in it just like, statistically-speaking, a certain percentage of cops will be “bad cops”. The problem lies when an entire group of NASCAR fans, cops, (or white people) are all lumped together as racists…

8. RealCatsFan
    5:35 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Welp, I guess I stand corrected. FBI confirmed that the “noose” is showing up on earlier video. So I guess the interesting part will be how exactly it became a “thing”. IMO, the people responsible for blowing this up need to be held accountable. Probably going to do considerable damage to Bubba’s image if he was involved at all.

• TPACAT
      7:02 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Reminds me of that story a few years ago where a black student at a university saw a banana peel lying beside a sidewalk on campus and called it in as a hate-crime. Turns out some other student walking down the path had just finished eating a banana and threw the peel down on the way to class…

9. j4stone
    6:02 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Of course KSR doesn’t have an article about all of this being made up garbage. It doesn’t fit Matt’s narrative. He won’t apologize to all of the people he insulted on his show yesterday for questioning the validity of this whole thing. What did he say? something like, if your first thought is that it was staged, or fabricated, then that says a lot about you, or words to that affect. Well, what does it say about people like Matt who jump to conclusions with absolutely no facts. Thank goodness he isn’t practicing law and thank goodness he isn’t running for office. He’d be a disaster. But of course, we probably won’t hear anything about this on his show or on this page because to him everyone in the south are redneck racists.

• RealCatsFan
      6:32 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

I have a feeling it will be addressed on tomorrow’s show, but you probably won’t listen to it anyway.

• TPACAT
      7:09 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Matt’s a leftist POS turd. I can’t even stand to listen to the show anymore. I have no desire to be talked down to by someone who thinks he’s smarter than everyone but doesn’t have an OUNCE of common sense…

• TPACAT
      7:10 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Oh, and never trust anyone who doesn’t like dogs and can’t change a tire…

10. friendsofcoal
    8:28 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Such BS people! This country needs to grow up…next thing that’ll happen is people will get offended when they see a white vehicle. I’ve been to probably 15-20 NASCAR races and NEVER again. Such a publicity stunt and said driver should never be allowed back in a NASCAR track period! I have the same rope handle on my shop door! So sad folks.

11. lizard king
    9:19 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Cough cough
    I hate being right. Omg a person has a garage door rope fixed to pull down for over a year and Bubba cries racism. Has Bubba never tied a knot to hold on to?
    Strange Days for sure

12. lizard king
    9:23 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

What’s next for Bubba. The media are fools just hoping it was something. Bubba will demand a front row start every time

13. lizard king
    9:25 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Because bubba gets what he wants from nascar, bubba owns nascar now, he says and nascar does.

14. jaws2
    9:49 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

I had 6 doors at my business with the exact same setup on them. Not one black employee thought anything about it. Damn shame that the media, including this site and show, jumps at every scenario because it has to be racist. Unfortunately for ALL Americans, it constantly stirs the pot. I predict and I know it’s not a stretch, that there will be an avalanche of unsupported accusations prior to November. It just fits today’s ‘narrative’.

• friendsofcoal
      10:06 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

People better think hard when they go to the polls this November. The far left liberals are driving every ounce of this just to try to shake the country up under the Trump administration! We all have to come together and cut all of the bullshit out!

15. PensacolaCat
    10:51 pm June 23, 2020 Permalink

Bubba turns out to be an ass

16. Sig79
    7:46 am June 24, 2020 Permalink

Jussie Wallace! What a looser!

17. The Big Lebowski
    2:45 pm June 24, 2020 Permalink

Turns out it’s another nonsense Jussie Smollett type incident.

When are these idiots going to learn.

Are they so intent on proving that they are victims that they’re willing to invent their oppression?

This guy should be banned from NASCAR for life.

18. The Big Lebowski
    2:47 pm June 24, 2020 Permalink

It wasn’t even a noose.

It was a loop. NOT A NOOSE.

This, like BLM, was based on fantasy and self deception.

Why would one wish to be a victim?

Vote Democrat if you want this to continue.

• friendsofcoal
      12:49 am June 25, 2020 Permalink

Amen! I’m hearing that the idiotic Al Sharptons of the world are claiming it was a noose and that it was planted there last year all while knowing Wallace would get stall #4. The bottom line is that the FBI investigated it and came across a video that showed the loop rope handle on the same garage door in Oct of 2019. They then stopped their investigation. That handle could’ve been on that garage door in 1999 for all we know.

Folks, you can’t make this stuff up and it’s very sad that they have to stoop that low just to try to win an election. If they had a halfway decent candidate they could beat Trump but Biden doesn’t stand a chance so they HAVE to cause problems but they’re taking it WAY too far! I toughed my way through 8 years of Hussein Obama so they can respect our process and do the same!