WATCH: Lynn Bowden bought his mother a new car

What do you do when you get your first big NFL paycheck? Take care of momma.

That’s what Lynn Bowden did, at least. Last night, Bowden’s mother Melissa Phillips posted pictures and a video of her son surprising her with a new Mercedes. Last week, the former Kentucky star signed his rookie contract with the Las Vegas Raiders.

I’m happy to see the dogs approve. Good on ya, Lynn.

11 Comments for WATCH: Lynn Bowden bought his mother a new car

1. BigBluSoTru
    10:46 am August 4, 2020 Permalink

Uk players always set the standard now watch all these other rookies attempt to follow Bowden lead and try and do the same thing we are the needle!

2. LouisvilleNative
    2:22 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

Love Lynn but what a paltry gesture! With all the millions he’ll be receiving, buying a car for his mother is no better than a journalist buying a cheeseburger for his mom!
    Pathetic journalism to even think the act of “buying mother a car” is grand enough to write about (a shame it’s been happening all over the world of sports). Put it in headlines when the multimillionaire-athlete “buys a house for his/her mother” and maybe then someone will be impressed…yawn

• east-ky-boy
      2:35 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

Geez. Wake up on the wrong side of the bed bro? Sports journalism is slow at the moment. So he bought his mom a car. I’d give back to my mom too if I had that kinda money. And I bet she ain’t living in a shack man.

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      4:01 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

east, just check out the screen name. That is all. This is probably DennyC/Code Red from the days of KSYore.

• east-ky-boy
      7:12 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

True lol

• Soylentbeans
      4:38 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

So an explosion in Lebanon shouldnt be on KSR. Now a former uk player (sports) buying his mom a car (I’m sure you’ve done so much more for your mom)isnt worthy of KSR and it’s not even a good enough gift for his mom. What an ass.

• ClutchCargo
      5:04 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

So, will the next article you don’t like be strike 3, and you will go away?

3. BigBluSoTru
    3:22 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

@LouisvilleN maybe if loserville could ever get any players drafted they might be able to afford what Bowden did. This is thereason all the top players want to come to UK over loserville to get to the NFL .

• LouisvilleNative
      3:57 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

Only an idiot would assume a person’s loyalties from a username. Please stop making the BBN look stupid. Now I understand why my friends who are UofL fans make jokes of me and other UK fans. SMH

• chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
      4:02 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

LN, it’s not your screen name, it’s your posts…and the screen name just adds to it…and you know it.

4. chris gettelfinger is not walking through that door
    3:52 pm August 4, 2020 Permalink

“Ms. Phillips, what do you think of your new car?”
    “I was hoping for a Longines.”