WATCH: Hopkinsville’s KyKy Tandy Lights up the Under Armour Association

@Andrew_Slater

@Andrew_Slater

Kentucky fans love to see homegrown talent represent the Big Blue Nation.  KyKy Tandy could be the next instate star to don the blue and white.

Tandy’s play for University Heights propelled the Hopkinsville school to the Sweet 16.  Now in John Calipari’s crosshairs, he’s taken his talents to Team Thad on the Under Armour Association.  In the first weekend of play he shot 47 percent to lead his team in scoring with 16.25 points per game.  He also added 3.75 rebounds a game in three victories.

A scoring machine, you’ll see Tandy has no problem getting buckets.

Last weekend Tandy told Prep Circuit, “Iowa State, Tennessee, Cincinnati, Oklahoma and Kansas State have been reaching out to me the most.”  This weekend he’ll be in Indianapolis for round two of the Under Armour Association.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

7 Comments for WATCH: Hopkinsville’s KyKy Tandy Lights up the Under Armour Association

1. Catcasey1
    10:47 pm April 26, 2018 Permalink

Cats could use him in a year

2. blueblood4life
    11:38 pm April 26, 2018 Permalink

Like to have this guy 3-4 years !

3. KYFAN4LYFE
    12:16 am April 27, 2018 Permalink

As much as I’d like a homegrown kid to play meaningful minutes under Cal, I’m afraid he would just get lost in the sea of talent and hype, and never really get a chance. It’s a damn shame…hell the kid literally has KY in his name…TWICE.

4. KentuckyVSEveryone
    2:06 am April 27, 2018 Permalink

I really hope Cal offers him. I see a lot of myself in this kid. As an undersized scoring guard you KNOW that you have to play your heart out every single second to outplay your opponent. I was exactly his size (6’1” 155) and was lucky enough for a D1 coach to give me a chance. But it is completely different when your DREAM school gives you a chance. This young man will be a huge asset to the team for many years. I just can’t help to feel that we are going to pass on him, and then scorches is every time we face him – if he stays in the SEC that is. Come on Cal, KyKy to KY!!

5. chris43
    2:14 am April 27, 2018 Permalink

Chris Lofton 2.0?!?!? I sure hope not. He burned our a$$ every time he played us. Hopefully we can find a spot for him.

6. Kat4Life
    10:03 am April 27, 2018 Permalink

Not Tennessee……Allen Houston, Chris Lofton taught us about that years ago…….but I also see that UK will have more guards than the Pope next year…….