Watch Drew Barker Highlights from Last Night

As Stu said earlier, last night Drew Barker became the 3rd player in the history of Kentucky high school football to record 40 rushing and passing touchdowns. It was bittersweet, falling to district foe South Oldham 34-32. Barker’s highlights below are GREAT (especially his deep ball at the 1:25 mark), which makes you wonder how in the hell they lost. The answer might have something to do with the 3 consecutive run plays followed by a screen pass on Conner’s last chance at taking the lead. Regardless, enjoy the highlights below from your future Quarterback.

I have to give a big shout out and thanks to my old friend Alex Davis from KentuckyPreps.com for the coverage of last night’s game. Give him a follow on Twitter @KYPREPSAlex; trust me the guy is on our team.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

6 Comments for Watch Drew Barker Highlights from Last Night

1. Ridge Runner
    4:06 pm September 28, 2013 Permalink

Looks like the loss may also have something with the Connor defense too. Just sayin’.

Regardless…Barker is amazing and can’t wait till he is in blue every Saturday.

2. uk beat florida
    4:15 pm September 28, 2013 Permalink

I was at the game last night. Its pretty easy to figure out why they lost. Their team stinks. They have one decent receiver and a horrible defense. They also run barker way too much. The offensive play calling is terrible. I did see him warm up and he does have a laser. Hes a pretty big kid. Im glad that south got the w and hope barker will look a whole lot better with some receivers that can actually catch anything

3. Jerry Jam
    4:41 pm September 28, 2013 Permalink

I was at the game too. I have to agree with UK beat Florida. Conner team is terrible and undisciplined. Way to many offside and personal fouls. They still had a chance to win it in the end and the play calling was terrible. Barker is a big strong kid and should do well when he has recievers that can catch.

4. pdswar2
    5:29 pm September 28, 2013 Permalink

I too was at the game and Connor’s offensive line was terrible. SO got a lot of pressure on Barker and for the most part he handled it well. Give SO credit though because they played extremely well and had better coaching overall. One of the picks was definitely his fault but the other was the receiver’s. Barker was clearly the best player on the field and will shine with better talent around him.

5. Gator
    6:08 pm September 28, 2013 Permalink

Big stats…weak teams. Kentucky High School Football is a joke.

6. Joe
    5:39 pm September 30, 2013 Permalink

Agrees with the others. I too was at the game. Conner just isn’t very good. Other than Barker, they had one good athlete (#25), who was the “go to guy.” Outside of him, it was pretty awful.

There was another guy on Conner’s team that had probably 4 personal fouls. I’m shocked that he didn’t get tossed out of the game. But, his personal fouls killed them.

There were a few occasions where South Oldham would run a play and only send one guy on a passing route. Just one. And every time, the dude was WIDE OPEN. I couldn’t figure out how defense could be that bad.

Either way, you could tell that Barker was a beast. A man amongst boys, for sure.