Wake up! It’s time for KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Tuesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. If you haven’t already, hop out of bed, start the coffee, and get by your radio or streaming device for two hours of Kentucky Sports talk in the most ridiculous manner possible.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

32 Comments for Wake up! It’s time for KSR (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:49 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I wonder if your neighbor the trash lady has a tan? Could be Mr. Sun tan’s mother? She has to be a cards fan.

Should play some Jordan Smith songs today Shannon!

• CATandMONKEY
      9:54 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

+1 on the Jordan Smith. He is incredibly talented.
      Matt’s neighbor is probably on the UofL Dept of Athletics “soft” payroll.

2. ukjaybrat
    9:52 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I may or may not have cried a few times this morning listening to jordan smith… all i can say for sure is i ran out of tissues. that voice is angelic. vote for that kid!

• CATandMONKEY
      9:59 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I watched three songs…Wow! This finale, The Blind Audition and Queen’s ” Somebody to Love” really stood out amongst other performances of this genre. Giving KY powerfully, positive national exposure.

• ukjaybrat
      10:12 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Chandelier, Hallelujah, and Somebody to Love are all awesome.

3. Realme
    10:12 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Matt can’t really be that helpless about window blinds.

• Cat House
      10:35 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Kim Kardashian can probably replace blinds.

4. stampincat
    10:13 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

go to home depot with your measurements. They have blinds they can cut to size

• ukjaybrat
      10:16 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

or lowes. make sure you measure the width of the window frame itself, not the width of the blinds themselves. the machien they plug numbers into take off an extra inch or so to acount for the space between the blinds and the frame.

• J-Dub421
      10:38 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Matt should just take the blinds with him.

5. Long Dong Silver
    10:23 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Joe B, standing ovation. Sutton, silence. Rick, if it’s after he leaves UL and we are commemorating his time at UK, standing ovation. I’m older and remember just how bad 1988 was. Tubby, polite cheer. Gillispie, loud boos.

6. Realme
    10:23 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

12 or so years ago, when we were searching for our first house, the realtor took us into this one dirty, terrible house, and tried to sell us on it by excitedly saying “look, new mini blinds”. Like that was a major home improvement.

7. Realme
    10:25 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I would boo hard for Pitino, and give a weak courtesy clap for Billy G, because I feel sorry for him. I don’t really consider him our former coach, it’s like those 2 years didn’t happen in my mind.

• J-Dub421
      10:40 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I wouldn’t applaud Billy, but I wouldn’t boo him either. I’d throw dollar bills at Rick.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Will anyone be able to sneak any fake stripper poles into Rupp with the extra security? Maybe one that telescopes that you could sneak into a binocular case. πŸ™‚

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I bet you could easily sneak in some monopoly money. Girls could throw their bras. How funny would it be if during U of L’s player introductions the fans “made it rain” monopoly money on them? No one would get hurt, but it would get the point across.

• Realme
      10:57 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

That would be perfect.

• J-Dub421
      11:02 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I would go do this, but I cannot go live to the U of L game any more. I went 2 years in a row, once at Rupp and once at the Yum, and we lost both. Obviously this was a few years ago. Either way, I’m bad for mojo in person.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:26 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

JDub, your acute situational awareness, at expense of self, for the greater good of BBN is beyond exemplary. We should all examine our mojo – negative and positive, then do our part despite the personal cost. I guess I need to drink excessively while listening to the radio broadcast. Showers are limited to the final 7 minutes of the contest and are game-situation dependent.

• RealCatsFan
      11:28 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Well, the one and only time I went to see a UK/UL game was the Jorts Coming Out Party, so I guess I’m not bad mojo, but alas, I have no tickets. πŸ™

I have an idea! J-Dub, you take care of getting the ticket, and I’ll take care of bringing my good mojo and the money from my daughter’s Monopoly game! πŸ˜€

• J-Dub421
      11:41 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

It may not be me, but why risk it? I’ll continue to take one for the team and watch the game on TV.

8. Long Dong Silver
    10:30 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Skal is a different kid than any we’ve had. I’m cutting him some slack.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:48 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Love the talk about the Skal / Cal sleepover. Maybe they could call Joe B and keep acting like they can’t hear him when he answers. End with, “you probably have a hearing loss!”

Call Pitino with a fake female voice, saying “Rick, this is Karen. I’m pregnant again, and I need $3000 for insurance.”

10. RealCatsFan
    10:48 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Cal & Skal should call Alan Cutler and make fart noises on the phone.

11. Cat House
    10:53 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Joe starts drinking a little early as the holidays approach.

12. Cat House
    10:55 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

I suggest all the young ladies in the erupption zone dress as crack whores and blow kisses to the UL players.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:08 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

This could be a decent scheme for all the home games.

• RealCatsFan
      11:29 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Might work well when they are shooting FT’s.

13. Realme
    11:38 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

So Tipton is so hard up for topics that he writes a story from a personal conversation he had with Ryan? That’s worse than when he asks those weird questions of players that you can tell he is just fishing for quotes he can blow up into a story. Lame.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Tipton is old and crochety. He needs to retire. He always seems awkward and out of touch.

• RealCatsFan
      12:00 pm December 15, 2015 Permalink

I’m waiting for Tipton to ask a player “Alex, have you ever seen a grown man naked?”

14. J-Dub421
    11:53 am December 15, 2015 Permalink

Johnny Jones, Tom Crean, and Rick Barnes are all coaches who can recruit, but not coach. They lose consistently with lots of talent.