Wake up! It’s time for KSR (Monday Show Thread)

icf-ex5mk2-large

Greetings, friends, and welcome to the MLK Day edition of Kentucky Sports Radio, which is coming to you live from the Lexington and Louisville studios. Today, Matt, Ryan, Shannon, and Drew will recap the events of the weekend, including Kentucky’s win over Auburn, Lynn Bowden’s commitment, UK recruits being named to the McDonald’s All-American Game, and much more. Tune in for all of that and a lot of random stuff, probably.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

61 Comments for Wake up! It’s time for KSR (Monday Show Thread)

1. runningunnin.454
    10:06 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

How about the cheerleaders?
    22/32 years; that’s domiNATIONAL.

• ukjaybrat
      10:09 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I got the notification on my app last night telling us. Here’s how it went down:

Me: Love you honey, good night.
      Spouse: Love you too.
      Ryan: Eh HEH

Pretty creepy that Ryan is butting his way into my marriage. just sayin

• That’s major creepy.

• RealCatsFan
      10:28 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

At least all you two were doing was saying goodnight and not something else. πŸ˜‰ That would be REALLY creepy!

• ukjaybrat
      10:31 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

….. thanks rcf, now i’m going to have to turn my phone off every time

2. runningunnin.454
    10:13 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

The NFL is boring….but everybody watches it? Okay.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:18 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I watched 30 min of NFL last night only because of Cobb and hoping to see Dallas lose. Saw 20 min or so of the Pats game earlier in the week. Just not a priority. I follow peripherally so that I can converse with a few people at work.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I’m doing good to find time to watch replays of UK basketball games, much less NFL football. Never could see how folks who are die-hard fantasy sports fanatics find the time for it. I guess they don’t have teenagers to deal with. πŸ˜‰

• ukjaybrat
      10:32 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

i have watched significantly less nfl this year. yeah, might have to do with the fact that I’ve got a 2yr old now. and i tend to be busier on sundays than i used to be. But i really just wasn’t into it this year. I’m a packers fan and they started off really slow so i didn’t really get into the season until there was about 4 weeks left. and now they are in the NFC championship. life’s pretty great.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:34 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Amazing how many people at work can’t complete their daily tasks but can spend upwards of two hours daily during the season to jostle their rosters.

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:14 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Things I don’t watch: The Oscars. Political Debates. Both pointless and uninformatve. Debates could be good sources of actual intellectual discourse but not in any form found in the past 40 years.

Patriots will win it all. I grew up there and lived through Grogan and Eason. Patriots are the UK of NFL

• J-Dub421
      10:18 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I don’t really have an NFL team, but I do like the Patriots because, as a UK fan, I appreciate a good dynasty. (Also Tom Brady is a smoke show and I think Gronk is dorky and entertaining.) Other than that, I pull for whoever has UK players.

I don’t understand Jerry Jones man-crush on Tony Romo, he’s terrible.

• runningunnin.454
      10:23 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Who won the Super Bowl last year, I forget?

• CATandMONKEY
      10:25 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I had a Sears NFL Patriots jacket with the faux leather sleeves back in the mid seventies. But never followed every game. Being in Gillette Stadium for a Pats victory over Manning and the Colts for an AFC championship in 2003/4 was an experience that far exceeded my greatest sport’s fan expectations.

Matt please shut the hell up. You are making Ryan look like Einstein.

• ukjaybrat
      10:26 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

denver/peyton

• CATandMONKEY
      10:26 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Didn’t even watch Super Bowl…at work.

• RealCatsFan
      10:32 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

For about the last 15 years I have watched the Super Bowl just for the entertaining commercials, but those have gone down in quality lately. Also, seems like no one is having good SB parties like they did in years past.

• runningunnin.454
      10:32 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Yeah ukjay; I know, I was just taking a jab at the Patriots.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:36 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Don’t recall saying Pats won it last year. I stand by my assertion in other posts that we, Uk are viewed just like The Yankees, Patriots or Lakers-of-Old outside of the respective fanbases.

• ukjaybrat
      10:40 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

still early. not enough coffee. /sarcasm detector malfunctioning

4. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Are the Patriots the Duke of NFL football?

• CATandMONKEY
      10:19 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

You have no idea how many people on the coasts hate us as much as Duke. I wear my UK gear with pride when going home to New England

• CATandMONKEY
      10:21 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

To be fair…i don’t mean you, specifically.Γ°ΕΈΛœβ‚¬

5. J-Dub421
    10:20 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Briscoe is proof that hard work pays off.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Look up unappreciated in the dictionary…..there’s Briscoe’s picture.

6. So Matt doesn’t give HIS employees the day off today??? Ha! Just kidding.

So I’m taking another kick at replacing that light fixture today. Hopefully I’ll be back here tomorrow. πŸ˜‰

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Remember to shut off your power to the area in question before you start working on it. And maybe keep a fire extinguisher handy… πŸ˜‰

• ukjaybrat
      10:34 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

i need to replace a wall switch to a ceiling fan/light in one room. and replace the actual ceiling fan pull cord switch in another room. but i have been incredibly busy the last two years and never got around to it…. oops

• Oh yeah, I turned the power off at the breaker box. Old fixture down. Now I have to see if I can pull out the old worn out junction box without permanent damage to the ceiling. Grrr!!!

Almost forgot: GO CATS AND CONGRATS TO THE CHEERLEADERS!!!

• When I first tried this over Christmas it looked like there was NO junction box. On closer inspection there is, but time has kind of rotted it, so here goes nothing (famous last words!)…

• About to have to drill 2 holes in the fixture in order to mount it. This better work bc I don’t know if I can return it after that.

7. bluegrassboy25
    10:27 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

College football and it’s not even close. Was so glad that did not go into overtime as the NFL totally screws up Overtime with the stupid coin flip.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:30 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Agreed. Watched and enjoyed many a bowl game over the holidays.

• ukjaybrat
      10:37 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

i get the coin flip for regular season games. because these guys can’t play indefinitely. it would tear their bodies apart.
      but the coin flip rule isn’t fair if it’s a high scoring low defense game because whoever wins the coin flip will pretty much win the game without getting a rebuttal. but in a defensive game it comes down to field position.

8. CATandMONKEY
    10:28 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Music experts?!?!?
    Hahababahahahhahah!!!

9. J-Dub421
    10:32 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Random topic for discussion:

What is on your sporting event bucket list?

• runningunnin.454
      10:37 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I was there in ’73 when Secretariat won the Derby. The only thing that would top that is to be at the NCAA championship game….and UK wins.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:38 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

American League championship game at Fenway.
      Final Four UK- Duke.

• ukjaybrat
      10:39 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

go to a championship game. for any sport
      me and my buddy are cubs fans. he happened to be working in cleveland and just took a chance and went down town. spent a grand on a ticket for game 7. said it was the best money he ever spent.
      lucky though, he was already there, so didnt have to pay for travel, hotel, or food. and he was by himself so only the cost of the single ticket.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:41 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

454..that is incredibly awesome. You are a fortunate one!

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I would love to attend an NCAA Title game where UK was playing, the Olympics (especially the swimming venue), and Wimbledon. Those are my sports bucket list events.

• RealCatsFan
      10:51 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Still kicking myself for not going to NOLA back in 2012. Wife and I were just going to drive down there and sleep in the truck if we couldn’t find a room. Kids were young back then and couldn’t line up a sitter. πŸ™

• A Final Four with UK playing J-Dub!!!

• ukjaybrat
      10:56 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

“A Final Four with UK playing J-Dub!!!”

UK playing J-Dub or UK playing a team of J-Dubs ?
      either way, that would be a fairly easy win… no offense

• runningunnin.454
      11:05 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

That’s funny!

• J-Dub421
      11:11 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I’m a decent athlete, but at 5’9″ I would be at a significant height disadvantage, and a weight disadvantage….

• runningunnin.454
      11:21 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

But you would have the striped shirts.

• It’s all about the syntax. I should get my English teacher friends to proofread my posts. LOL!

• ukjaybrat
      11:29 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

πŸ™‚

• RCF, me and a friend (we worked together in GA) spent 2 nights in his car on the way to and from the Sugar Bowl for Herschel Walker’s last game (he was a UGA student then). We were nuts to do that, but it was FUN!

• Now back to my home improvement.

10. RealCatsFan
    10:34 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Thanks Shannon – LOVE the RHCP’s!! πŸ™‚

11. bluegrassboy25
    10:39 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

You have to see the Skit done on SNL last Saturday of the last Trump press conference. What’s funny is the line that says the sons are taking over the business. The first one says all the things he is going to do and the second one just says “my name is Eric”.

• RealCatsFan
      10:46 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I loved the one they did back around Christmas with Putin coming to visit Trump with the “elf on the shelf” that had the one gigantic camera lense eye. “Is fun, you just put it here next to your intenet router!” πŸ˜€

12. RealCatsFan
    10:40 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Ha! Beavis & Butthead reference! Reminds me of one of my all time favorite political memes:

13. runningunnin.454
    11:50 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Don’t want to see Michigan State or North Carolina in the tourney; but, I don’t think UCLA and Louisville want to see UK.

14. J-Dub421
    11:55 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

Will the turmoil on Duke’s team this year hurt them in future recruiting? Before the start of the season Duke was the unanimous #1 and everyone was comparing them to our 2015 team that went 38-1. Duke is currently 14-4 and 9th in the ACC.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

I sure hope so. Hopefully the lack of playing time for Bolden will factor into Mo Bamba’s decision.

• ukjaybrat
      12:05 pm January 16, 2017 Permalink

i’ve been saying this for a few days now. uk had this much talent and damn near went 40-0. and has been criticized for NOT going 40-0. Duke gets that much talent and they are struggling to get back to 500 in their own conference.

• catsarerunnin
      12:59 pm January 16, 2017 Permalink

They will still get a 1 or 2 seed in the tourney and play in their backyard. Injuries and turmoil can impact seeding but not for dUKe.

15. RealCatsFan
    11:56 am January 16, 2017 Permalink

The bitch slap on Grayson Allen was hilarious. My kids laughed out loud when they saw it. He deserved it and a lot more for his general douchebaggery.