UofL’s official DJ’s Tailgating Mix sounds nothing like mine

DJK Dogg, UofL’s official DJ (because of course Louisville has an official DJ), just released his Tailgate Mix for Game 1, and shockingly, it sounds nothing like mine. To be fair, I don’t think that’s what he was going for, but nothing says Cards like hardcore rap on a Monday afternoon at Papa John’s Cardinal Stadium.

13 Comments for UofL’s official DJ’s Tailgating Mix sounds nothing like mine

1. Eazy E or Eric Wright it's all the same
    3:13 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

Love ya Tyler, but there was zero ‘hardcore’ rap in that mix.

Cats 42, UT Martin 6

Lay the 3 TDs!

2. jman3715
    3:20 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

Sounded pretty good to me and did not hear any hardcore rap. The intro was pretty cool. Maybe we should bring out our cloggers and show them how it’s done!

3. BOSOX
    3:26 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

I would rather listen to this during games then what has being played at Commonwealth in the past!

4. BanjoeMonroe
    3:30 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

Hilarious! Shout out to HC Bobby ‘Poppin’ P w/ the “No Mediocre” by T.I. after the AC/DC intro…

“…you won’t get no d**k if it’s a bush down there / Girl, I should see nothing but p***y when I look down there…”

The Dirty Cards will be railroading w/ “Mediocre” audible calls – beautiful

5. Jeffrey
    4:11 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

His choice in audio is as shitty as his choice in sports teams. Beats are horrible, sennheiser, jbl, audio technica, pioneer, Sony, they all make superior audio headsets that real studio producers use.

6. Chaz
    4:26 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

Not bad, not bad at all. It’s for a football game. Everybody have fun, it’s only background noise not the main attraction.

Go Cats.

Listen:

7. Nice
    5:38 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

When Cal brings the likes of Jay Z and Drake around UK, Hip Hop is cool. When U of L brings in a DJ to play essentially the same music, it is Thug Life. Nice

8. The Truth
    6:30 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

@NICE I rock with UK, but I agree. I’ve said this previously and no disrespect to Tyler’s writing talents and opinions at all, but on topics like these when KSR writers try to seem hip it just comes of so unauthentic. Theres some things that naturally Tyler as a caucasian female will not be in tune with because it’s not apart of her culture or DNA which she did admit somewhat in this write up. I didn’t even listen to the mix but I could safely assume hardcore rap was not included. It just shows what people similar to her think about urban culture as they just group all rap music that sounds similar into “Hardcore Rap” . The funny thing is the players that they adore and absolutely love, identify with the music being played, but that is the complex that you call Kentucky in general. I’m not saying that you have to like or vibe with the tunes being played, but it’s not like we are making jokes about the Country music and same old tunes that play at commonwealth stadium, Thursday night live and other places in lexington or Kentucky in general all year long. Born and raised here and things will never change. I just wish they would leave post like these alone unless they really are in tune with whats going on in that culture. I get it, it’s a joke and suppose to be funny, but trust me its not really funny and there are deeper underlining issues that quite frankley are brushed aside and ignored as the giant elephant in the room still sits there. Then people wonder why minorities are in such a hurry to leave here because we know what people really think about us and the city rarely caters to our thoughts, opinions and likes unless the Bball team or Cal hips them to things. So sad smh……

• Different Strokes...
      7:02 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

well more like double standards. I am a Cats fan as well but it’s painfully obvious KSR writers have an absurd double standard for all things Louisville. Their very own site participated in a contest to choose intro music for the games most of which was rap/hip hop (or whatever it’s called these days–out of touch old fart here) while prattling on and on about how we need to play music that the players connect with and how it’s high time we liven things up. Louisville on the other hand goes a step further in hiring an official dj but that is somehow lowbrow. And as you allude to the KSR writers and much of Central Kentucky and maybe most of white America play this subtle thug life/urban culture brand of racism. It’s certainly a trap I’ve fallen into before. Generally it’s not about being bad people as much as it is ignorance. The main concern should be that there is no more dangerous a bigot than one who doesn’t think he’s a bigot.

9. Shawn
    6:47 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

HAHA ULs DJ Is so broke he Is wearing the old outdated Beats By Dre Mixrs. Even my six year old daughter has the new version that came out last year. UL has zero swag. People can talk smack bout Beats however they want, and Ill agree they arent the best for music aficionados. But until you have heard the new redesigned Beats, you dont know what you’re talking about.

• Muri
      7:09 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

It’s a year or two old picture.

10. Muri
    7:11 pm August 29, 2014 Permalink

I hate the Cards an all, but Jay Kay is legit. Having a real DJ is one of the only good thing the Cards have done.

Someone called him broke lolol dude is 350 minimum a night and works 4 or 5 nights a week. I’d say he is doin alright.

There are plenty of much better things to make fun of.

11. UkeHey!