Ulis Expected to Annoy Opposing Fan Bases – Who is Your Vote?

ulis-3

Sam Vecenie at CBSSports.com runs a weekly mailbag discussing random college hoops questions. This one caught my eye as it’s a great idea. Someone asked him who is the Aaron Craft of colleg basketball this season? Vecenie then came up with ‘The Craftsmith Trophy.’

One of the finalists for The Craftsmith is our very own Tyler Ulis. Vecenie says  “Ulis plays for Kentucky, which gives him a built in advantage in the opposing fanbase hatred department. Plus, he’s a small, super pesty, maximum effort guy. Fits basically all the criteria.” You know what? He’s right. If Ulis played for anyone else on Kentucky’s schedule we’d hate him because of those exact traits.

So, based on this year’s Kentucky schedule, who would you Craftsmith Trophy winner be? There are some pretty obvious choices – no surprise Vecenie listed these guys too – Bryce Alford (UCLA) and Grayson Allen of Duke.

But, my vote? Alex Caruso of Texas A&M. He’s been in college for 18 years, he’s the son of a coach, he does all those annoying small things and yet I’d love him if he played for Kentucky.  Let me know your votes @uklefty22 or in the comment section.

Article written by Bobby Reagan

One time representative of UK at SEC 3v3 basketball championships. Northern Yankee living the Kentucky dream. Follow me @uklefty22

7 Comments for Ulis Expected to Annoy Opposing Fan Bases – Who is Your Vote?

1. Jame223
    5:17 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

I 100% second Caruso from A&M. I can’t stand that guy. He has a half ass mustache and looks like the annoying kid from second grade. I’m not so sure other fan bases hate Ullis. You’ve gotta respect the little guy that is not just a hustle player, but also has some serious skills.

2. DoubleZeroMostel
    5:20 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

Riley LaChance- Trust me, we’re going to hate this kid for years.

3. lexslamman
    5:37 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

Grayson Allen might have the most punchable-looking face in the entire universe.

4. yo
    5:49 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

Outside of Ulis, all of the players that have been mentioned are white. Is being white a prerequisite to win this award?

• Parvenu
      5:51 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

The only prereq I have seen is that you can’t be green. Which eliminates my choice of Kermit…

• jeffj
      7:08 pm October 1, 2015 Permalink

YO !!! you are a dumb ass. Marcus Lee is a blue Avatar floppin around, jumping to the sky……Tyler Ulis is a brown water bug , appearing in two places at the same time, Alex Poythress , a human beast that will cram the ball down the basket weather your there or not … Isaac Humphrey’s is a gentle giant, till you cross him, then beware…. Sports knows no color, what exactly are you saying ? somebody needs help.

5. bbn4LIFE
    12:20 pm October 2, 2015 Permalink

^^^^^^if black people want rasicm to end, why do all of you take every little chance to cry victim. Jesus yo, they’re just stating players who are annoying. If we named a black guy, youde say we were racist for naming him. Can’t win or lose with the blacks. Go riot and tear down a city now.