UK visited the No. 1 defensive end in America today

UK visited CeCe Jefferson at his high school outside Jacksonville, Florida this afternoon. Jefferson is the top defensive end in the 2015 class and the No. 5 overall player in the 247Sports Composite rankings. He has offers from, like, everyone — how about Alabama, Florida State, Florida, Auburn, Ohio State, USC and Notre Dame for starters? Oh, and Kentucky. The Cats offered around this time one year ago.

Jefferson was excited to have UK at Monday’s practice:

A Yahtzee from this kid might break the internet.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for UK visited the No. 1 defensive end in America today

1. warren
    7:26 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Go Coach Stoops! Don’t back off anyone! Go get the best players. We are UK!!! SEC SEC SEC

2. Related Story
    7:29 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

In a related story, Jefferson announced that Louisville is no longer on his list……..said he has it on good authority that after the SEC finishes its investigation, Poppy Johnny Stadium will be sold to pay off UofL Yum! Center debt; therefore Cards will not have a place to play. Yum! I mean Hummmmm!

3. I Must Recruit You
    7:45 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Obviously I would love to pick up a 5 star kid but given that his twitter handle is Ivan Drago this must happen. Please let it happen. It would make me happy if it were to happen. I assume that is his twitter handle. Is that what that is? God I’m old.

4. JMM
    8:51 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

The fact we have a recruit like this even mentioning BBN shows just how far we have come.

5. Big Mike in the Wood
    8:59 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

I caught the Ivan Drago reference as well. Just think they could announce him at the games with “I MUST BREAK YOU!”

6. SoCal Will
    9:00 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

CeCe and Byron Cowart, 5 star SDE, just announced last weekend they are going to go to the same school. Oregon and Florida are Cowart’s favorites. If Stoops can get these two, Bam! The corner is officially turned….

7. Bill Hilly
    9:28 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

My mamaw always said, wish in one hand and crap in the other, see which gets filled first.

8. SEC
    9:41 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

33 predictions for him on 247’s crystal ball. 100% say he’s going to Florida. Every one of the them. So good luck getting your hopes up.

9. Jay
    10:12 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Don’t see him coming to uk but you never know when it comes to recruiting

10. Remember
    10:52 pm May 12, 2014 Permalink

Him and Damien Harris are actually close. Think they may have gone to a camp(s) together? But they were tweeting eachother and referencing none other than #BBN.

11. MustangCat
    10:43 am May 13, 2014 Permalink

Hey, if Florida continues their downward spiral, winds up with another 4-5 win season, fires their coach????And, UK wins 6 or more, with one of those “W’s” coming over Florida, in the swamp?!!? Throw in the distinct possibilities that we show major improvements on both sides of the ball, and have one of the top recruiting classes lining up!? If Harris commits to UK, and I think he will, he’s also buddies with another highly regarded recruit that has mentioned more then passing interest in UK?! I think a defensive back?! Recruiting season is really just getting started. A lot can happen. We were not in the hunt for very many of the kids that we got, before Stoops got here.

12. Tampa Satchel
    1:28 pm May 13, 2014 Permalink

There is no such thing as luck, rather hard work, preparation meets opportunity…and maybe throw in a huge dose of hope, but as long as Stoops & Co. keep aiming high, they will drag this beligured program with them.

If they continue to recruit this well, and show some progress on the field, I would support locking these coaches up for a long time.