Looking for a cool Christmas gift? This morning, UK Athletics announced it is selling fan cutouts for men’s and women’s basketball games at Rupp Arena and Memorial Coliseum, along with gymnastic and volleyball matches. The cutouts are similar to those seen at college and NFL stadiums throughout the pandemic and feature an image of a person or pet. Pricing starts at $50 for Memorial Coliseum and $70 for Rupp Arena, with a wide variety of options available:
- Rupp Arena Tunnel ($1,000) – a six-foot version that will be placed in the tunnels and corners where the team enters the competition floor. This piece will also include Coach Cal’s autograph.
- Rupp Arena Premium ($350) – a four-foot version that will be placed in the first and second rows of Rupp Arena for games.
- Rupp Arena General Admission ($70) – a four-foot version that will be placed at the UK Athletics Staff discretion to fill in areas that are unavailable for fans to sit in.
- Rupp Arena Student ($50) – a four-foot version that is available to current UK Students and will be placed in the secondary student locations.
- Coach Cal Autograph – upgraded option that will include a Coach Cal autograph on the piece.
- Memorial Coliseum Tunnel ($350) – a six-foot version that will be placed in the tunnels and corners where the teams enter the competition floor. This piece will also include autographs from the three coaches (Kyra Elzy, Craig Skinner and Tim Garrison) who compete within Memorial Coliseum.
- Memorial Premium ($70) – a four-foot version that will be placed in the lower level of Memorial Coliseum. This piece will also include autographs from the three coaches who compete within Memorial Coliseum.
- Memorial General Admission ($50) – a four-foot version that will be placed at the UK Athletics Staff discretion to fill in areas that are unavailable for fans to sit in.
To purchase, visit ukathletics.com/fancutouts. From there, you can upload a photo from your phone or computer and the cutout will be generated. The cutouts will be automatically delivered to either Rupp Arena or Memorial Coliseum in time for the season. Fans can pick up their cutout or have it shipped to them when the season ends. Fans who elect to have their cutout shipped will pay shipping charges at the time of checkout. Proceeds from the cutouts will directly benefit scholarships for the 500+ UK student-athletes, including tuition, room and board, educational support and more.
UK previously announced plans for 15% capacity at Rupp and Memorial this season, which includes participants, essential personnel, media and a limited number of spectators. Tickets will be sold to season ticket holders and based on K-Fund priority.
Imagine an entire section of these:
— Alex (@lytleac) November 17, 2020
Opponents are already shaking in their boots.