UK in top five for five-star center

Class of 2015 center Doral Moore had a big weekend on the AAU circuit in Georgia and told HoopSeen.com that his main focus right now is on five schools: Ohio State, Illinois, Kentucky, Texas and Louisville.

Moore got a visit from Kenny Payne back in April — about the same time an unnamed recruit told Payne that Cal tried to push Willie Cauley-Stein to the NBA — but he still doesn’t hold a scholarship offer from the Cats.

247Sports.com ranks him as the fifth-best center in the Top247, behind Stephen Zimmerman, Diamond Stone, Skal Labissiere, and Jessie Govan. Zimmerman and Labissiere already have offers from UK so Moore falls behind them in priority, but his stock is on the rise.

Article written by Drew Franklin

8 Comments for UK in top five for five-star center

1. Rook at uk
    1:00 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

I have to be honest, I like Moore better than labissiere. He longer, stronger, and has a better all around game. He really reminds me of Cauley-Stein.

2. I Sayy
    1:13 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

I agree with #1. Labissiere is ranked way too high in my opinion. The kid has tons of potential but right now thats all I think it is is potential. Im hoping for Stone or Zimmerman.
    Which makes me think, are we even recruiting Stone? I haven’t heard much talk about him. Reminds me of Dakari but moves a little bit better at this point in his career.

3. King Kelly Coleman
    1:15 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

I think the story goes that Cal supposedly tried to get willie to come back, not go to the NBA. When if fact Cal actually did push Willie to go to the NBA, and it was his choice to come back…right?

4. Michael
    2:27 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Btw, Moore’s dad is from Louisville. Went to high school with my brother at Eastern.

5. dave
    4:14 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

I hope UK gets a guy named Diamond Stone! Sounds like a pro wrestler

6. Rook at uk
    9:16 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

Yeah labissiere is just too weak. I love Zimmerman, but I don’t see him leaving the west coast. I don’t like stone, myself. Can’t guard his shadow. And he’s fat. Moore has that athletic, strong build I love for a Calipari center to have.

7. Tvott
    10:34 pm May 5, 2014 Permalink

This guy looks exactly like LeRon Ellis sans braces.

8. NineForNerlens
    12:52 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I’m pulling for Diamond Stone myself. Why you ask? Well, recently Malik Newman went on the record and said that they were hoping to play together in college. To add Stone and Newman to the 2015 class would be awesome! Newman, Stone, and Matthews would put UK in position for a #1 class yet again.