UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

Cb3c0ncUMAIYCQG

—  Kentucky is 17th in ESPN’s updated Power Rankings.  The Cats moved down three places from last week and sit one spot behind Duke.  Indiana might be the biggest surprise, making one of the biggest moves this week to #11.  They probably have the Big 10 title in the bag, but they’ll probably find a way to choke it away.  For the complete list, check here.

— Spring Game News.  UK announced the Blue/White game will be at Commonwealth Stadium at noon on April 16, keeping the BBN away from Keeneland if only for an early afternoon.  The tickets are once again free of charge, and season ticket holders can begin reserving their seat as soon as March 7.  All others can place their bid on a seat beginning March 14.  For more information, click here.

—  A Quarterback visited campus today.  John Foreback has a long way to go before he’ll choose a college, but the 2018 pro-style Tennessee quarterback is still wading through the recruiting waters.  Today he was in Lexington, Tweeting the following image with the caption, “Great time in Lexington!!!”

@ForebackJohn

@ForebackJohn

He’s getting interest from plenty of schools around the South, including both Tennessee SEC schools, Georgia, and he was in Tallahassee for Florida State’s Junior Day.  You can watch his highlights here.

—  The new food at Cliff Hagan Stadium is mouth-watering.  Tomorrow the baseball team opens their first homestand of the season, taking on Austin Peay at 2:00.  They’ve stepped up their promotions, and I love where their heads are.  Sunday Sundaes, Taco Tuesdays and Wing Wednesdays are just a few of their new offers.  The menu though…

• Rib Bucket: 6 ribs, cole slaw, fries and Texas toast
  • Chicken & Waffle Cone: 3 chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and honey mustard in a waffle cone (GASP!)
  • Hot Brown Nachos: Kettle chips, quest, turkey, ham, tomatoes and bacon
  • AJ Reed Nachos: Served in a UK baseball helmet, these nachos come with every conceivable nacho topping you can imagine.

And there’s much more.  Now there’s something at The Cliff that makes it worth leaving the deck in right-centerfield.

—  Donald Trump’s Louisville appearance is only 30 minutes away.  As the anticipation builds in downtown Louisville, one place where you will not find Trump is at Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse.  The friend of KSR Tweeted this to Mr. Trump before his arrival:

An Ohio farmer shared a similar sentiment in cow manure.

@NBCNews

@NBCNews

I’ll be down there to witness the circus firsthand.  If you see me, come say Hi.  Don’t worry, I don’t bite.

—  With just an hour until the KSR Pregame Show, kill the time by listening to the podcasts from this morning’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio here.

Article written by Nick Roush

"Look upon the doughnut, and not upon the hole." @RoushKSR

26 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Want Afternoon Notes

1. Mc12
    3:44 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Not Rump? Guess this farmer hates the butt.

2. Seven Ate Nine
    3:46 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

I personally am not going to vote for Trump. But it’s funny how he’s reported and portrayed on this website, like everyone hates him and he’s winning by luck. It is understandable how he’s leading – he’s the antithesis to Obama. Just like with any candidate this late in the voting, there are lots of people who don’t like him and lots who do. It’s best to respect that.

3. secrick
    3:49 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

He probably sales the steaks to jeffruby’s .TRUMP FOR PRESIDENT. and Louisville has plenty of steak house’s.

• theWilkman
      3:56 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

I bet a large portion of Trump voters confuse sale/sell

• UK Big Board Update
      7:09 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

And sit/set.

4. JusSayin
    3:53 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

How can you be a supporter of Kentucky Basketball and vote for a guy that openly wants to discriminate against minorities and muslims?

I get not being a liberal because I’m not. I could vote for Cruz or Rubio… but a guy who wont even renounce an endorsement from David Duke? I just dont get it.

• theWilkman
      3:58 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

I’m with you. I’ve always voted Republican (even though I identify as more Libertarian) but Trump holds very few conservative viewpoints. In reality, you can’t actually name a trump viewpoint beyond “build a wall”. The guy is a career opportunist and if the GOP let’s him get the nomination, not only will they not win the Oval Office, they will destroy their party for years to come.

• JusSayin
      4:03 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@theWilman Exactly. He was a friend of the Clintons up until he started running for President.

I think he’s gonna get it as long as the rational GOP vote is split between Rubio, Cruz and Kasich. (I wish Kasich would just drop out. He’s being selfish.

• theWilkman
      4:07 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@JusSayin I saw a Nate Silver retweet today about a possible change in the GOP primary process that would unbind delegates, basically to prevent Trump from walking away with it. Will be very interesting to watch this play out. I agree about Kasich, although I think he’d be a solid VP

• leon singleton
      4:30 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Trump is not a career politician and a liar like Hillary.

• doobie brother
      4:47 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

LOL @ GOP! Drumpf in the Ville!

• whatwasthat
      4:52 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Get your facts straight, Trump renounced Duke, Buchanan any others years ago during the reform party movement. How has he openly discriminated against minorities or Muslims, silly liberals, sadly Trump may just be one. That is the sad fact of our political climate today it’ is the liberals ( communists, socialists, progressive, atheists, anarchists) who sling the mud and and try their best to suppress free speech and the first admendment.

• UKblueballs
      4:58 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@doobie brother. Yes BC supporting a felon or a socialist is so much better. I have an idea. First learn how to read, BC it’s clear you have never opened a history book BC socialism has never worked out. Not ever. Electing someone who does not know how to protect classified emails seems wise too. Just a basic thing you would think every American would want. Guess ignorance is bliss. By the way, I don’t support Donald Trump either. I’m with @A_Blue_Wildcat, every single candidate is a joke. Laughing @ Libs and their high horse.

• JusSayin
      5:03 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@Whatwasthat No he didn’t. Thats why Paul Ryan and all of the movers and shakers in his OWN PARTY are criticizing him right now.

How is he discriminating?

“I, Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” – Donald Trump

• whatwasthat
      5:17 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@ jussayin, like I said get your facts straight. Your comments carry no weight, because you are not informed or just like slinging mud. He called for a temporary ban of Muslims refugee settlement following the San Bernardno terrorist attack ( which surprisingly was carried out by Muslims) which many people in the political world thought the nation should do also. He did denounce Duke and others, how many times does one have to do so before someone of your strong moral pedigree, be satisfied.

• whatwasthat
      5:23 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

You are right in regards to everyone attacking Trump on every front, that’s is, his competitors and the national Republican Party. That doesn’t make what he says wrong or right, just that the establishment is scared. That’s what makes him a choice for some, because most republicans are fed up with the establishment.

• doobie brother
      5:29 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Brush up on the definitions of felon and socialist, blueballs. Clinton isn’t a felon and Sanders isn’t a socialist no matter how much you want them to be. It’s going to be glorious when Drumpf wins the nomination and the GOP self destructs.

• JusSayin
      6:06 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

@Whatwasthat Don’t put words in his mouth. “Calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States” is what he said.

He also suggested shutting down mosques and special identification cards for muslims… I’m sure you think thats okay though so no since in arguing.

• UKblueballs
      8:21 am March 2, 2016 Permalink

@doobie brother
      CHUCK TODD: I hear you. And then the other day I noticed you said, “You know what? Don’t use the word ‘Socialist.’ I’m going to say I’m a progressive.” Are you pushing back on that idea? Or are you embrace “I’m a European Socialist.”

BERNIE SANDERS: No, no not at all, it’s not a question of— look. When one of your Republican colleagues gets on the show, do you say, “Are you a capitalist?” Have you ever referred to them as capitalists?

CHUCK TODD: Yeah. Are you a capitalist?

BERNIE SANDERS: No. I’m a Democratic Socialist. But what I mean is I’ve been elected as an Independent throughout my political career. I am running now in the Democratic nomination process and will support— I hope to win, I expect to win, but—

I think you need to brush up on socialism. He is calling himself a democratic socialist. He also makes it clear the only reason he is using the word democratic is BC he is running under that party. Just try to open your eyes.

5. A_Blue_Wildcat
    4:43 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Every single candidate this year is terrible. Prove me wrong.

• whatwasthat
      5:07 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

You are correct, which makes this election one of the most contentious. Like most free thinkers and patriots it sickens me however that it is the liberals, who want to paint everyone who disagrees with them as racist and are the ones who are trying to suppress free speech at every opportunity.

• JusSayin
      5:14 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

agree

6. RealCatsFan
    4:59 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

Have to agree with A_Blue_Wildcat. If this collection of misfits is the best this country can produce as candidates for rulers of the free world, this country is in deep doo-doo. Trump will be drunk with power if he gets elected, and the really sad thing is he has NO interest in doing anything that will benefit the majority of the people voting for him. He will get in there and do whatever most helps his own interests – i.e., whatever helps him make more money. That is the throne that he worships at – nothing else comes before it.

I’m sure that some of his minions will want to label me as a “liberal”, but the fact is, I am registered as an Independent. I vote for whomever has the most reasonable platform, whether it is democrat, republican, or something else. As I said, the really sad part is that anyone who attempts to run as an independent gets absolutely no voice with the entrenched two-party system of good-old boys who are puppets to the wealthy special interests. And it won’t change as long as we have politicians who vote down meaningful campaign finance reform in the name of “free speech”. I’m talking about you, Senator McConnell.

• JusSayin
      5:09 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

His mind slaves will call you a liberal but you are just being rational. I agree. He’s not even conservative.

I can’t believe that the extreme right is supporting a twice divorced, illegal immigrant employing, pro-choice, job outsourcing, non-chriistian candidate.

7. cats paw
    5:34 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

just one read of this thread should tell all you political “know it alls” exactly why Trump is so popular. America is tired of hearing you all fight with each other. leaders are elected to carry out the will of the people, not carry out their own agendas!!! if the majority of America hates kittens… we need to ship them damn things to Mexico!

• UK Big Board Update
      7:11 pm March 1, 2016 Permalink

LOL. And the majority of Trump supporters hate minorities and foreigners.