UK Fans of the Day Are Hoping for Some Late Night Thoughts

10170779_733714396680290_1089360738_n

A little more excitement around UK land today…so with that a few thoughts:

— The Mark Stoops contract extension is an example of UK’s new football commitment and the feeling that if there was ever a time to make a move, this is it. It gave Stoops a slight raise and extended him through the 2018 season, but for me the importance is much more symbolic than financial. Lets face it. The stereotype around this program for a long time has been that it simply isn’t willing to invest in football and success on the field is not a priority. I don’t think that is totally fair, but it is the reality of the situation. The most important thing this administration can do is try and destroy that perception by investing heavily…and they are doing it. From the changes in the practice facility to the massive upgrade of Commonwealth Stadium to the raises for Assistant coaches to now, the extension for Mark Stoops, there is a concerted effort to showcase that football will be a priority. I admit that I am all-in on this staff…I firmly believe that if this staff doesn’t get it done here, especially considering how well they are doing on the recruiting trail, then it simply can’t be done. And that philosophy seems to me to be also the feeling of those running the Athletics Department as well…push all our chips in and see if Mark Stoops is finally the coach to make UK football competitive on a level we have yet to see.

— Speaking of football, I am hearing that UK could get two big commitments by the end of the week, each of them from HIGH level kids. One is almost surely CJ Conrad, the four star Tight End that is making his choice Friday at his school. A commitment would be a huge get for Vince Marrow and a big weapon for the UK passing game in the future. The second is not yet out for public consumption, but is another big time talent with offers from major programs. If it comes through, two major Yahtzees in one week will continue to have this recruiting class rolling in the Summer.

Bm_Y0noCUAAeLn8

pic by @MLYTay94 of fan with UK tattoo on his hand getting them signed by Polson/Hood

— On the basketball side, we still don’t know the specifics of the potential Summer trip this year for the UK team. As we have said here before, the hope is for the Bahamas, but details haven’t been fully worked out or released. The plan is still for the second week of August and if the trip occurs, it should be great for the team in terms of cohesion and experience. Details will probably come out in June, which was the time it was released in 2011 (the last trip out of the country).

— Finally, we are in planning right now for the 24 Hours of Ryan Lemond Radio, which won’t just be Ryan but will be a circus of KSR. Over the next two weeks, we will be doing various things on the show to give listeners a chance to win an opportunity to co-host a hour with Ryan, so make sure and check it out and get a chance to exercise your sports talking dreams.

More from me later…

Article written by Matt Jones

18 Comments for UK Fans of the Day Are Hoping for Some Late Night Thoughts

1. schwing
    9:32 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

left. got nothing for the rest of them.

2. Malcom
    9:33 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

4 – 2 – 3 – 1.I would let 1 give me a blumpkin, doe. That is all.

3. YT
    9:43 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

UK fans of the day……….would get it. Thank you

4. Martha
    10:00 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

The contract extension for Stoops is premature. Win some SEC games first. No such thing as a national recruiting championship trophy.

• TDog
      10:10 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

The man can only do so much in one year. He had most of Joker’s players and UK still played very well with those guys in games against SCAR, Louisville, Miss St, and Vandy. This isn’t basketball where one year a team can go from zero to hero…it takes time.

5. Jamo
    10:43 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I’m pretty sure I flew on the plane to Dallas with tattoo guy. He also had a big UK emblem on his leg.

• Thomas
      9:16 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

If you flew out of Charlotte to Dallas I was probably on that plane with you as that’s the way we had to go.

6. Amanda
    10:52 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I would love to the chance to try to cohost with Ryan during the 24 hour marathon. However, I work during the day while the morning show is on and cannot call in. I am sure there are other people in the same situation as well. I wonder if you would consider having some of the chances to cohost with Ryan being decided by something other than calling into the show. Maybe an email contest or twitter contest of some sort? It would be greatly appreciated by all of us who cannot call between 10 and 12.

7. Bdmnky81
    11:00 pm May 6, 2014 Permalink

I see that the fan with hood and Polson decided to wear his good wife – beater today….. SMH….I guess throwing on a shirt was way to much to ask…..

• Thomas
      9:14 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Do you have a problem with the clothes other people wear also? If I wear a shirt as you say then you cant see other UK tattoo that I have so when you see me just come up and ask me to see it, that is if you are not to scared to. I’m not a wife beater as you say I’m a Christian so I don’t do those things. Sorry sitting here SMH and going to pray for you as well!!!

8. TBone
    1:01 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

2 – 4 – 3 – 1

4 moves to 2 if she’d drop 15.

9. Craig Sager's Suits
    1:28 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Can we still use some part of those 24 hours to have a cop come in and tase him? I mean you still got to fill that time and that’d be great radio. Ryan doesn’t have a heart condition right?

-just kidding before anyone goes all crazy here.

10. rupps grunt
    5:42 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Just like the raise and extension we wasted on Joker. Will Stoops ever win six games a season? Doubt it.

• Greg
      8:40 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Yes he will and many more in the seasons to come. This man is a football coach!! Joker couldn’t win because Joker couldn’t recruit!! PERIOD!!

11. rupps grunt
    5:46 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

And to the sexist scum rating the girls in the picture, you couldn’t get laid in a nunnery.

• Ho Lee Fuk
      8:22 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Do you have good luck getting laid at a nunnery?

• Wi Tu Lo
      8:37 am May 7, 2014 Permalink

Grunt – that doesn’t make any sense. How about “couldn’t get laid in a whore house”. Think about it before you post it next time. (eye roll)

And the one on the left….WoweeWowee. Me like.

12. UKfan
    6:48 pm May 7, 2014 Permalink

those are some great UK girls! every single one of them.