UK Fans at the Ford Truck Plant want an updated list of Calipari book signings

1510898_10203687941867326_9084800923610581271_n

Want a signed copy of John Calipari’s new book, “Players First”? Calipari’s local book signing tour is rolling through the Bluegrass. Here’s an updated list of dates and locations via CoachCal.com:

Screen Shot 2014-04-18 at 4.07.56 PM

Remember, the signing event in Louisville on April 24, “An Evening with John Calipari,” will take place at The Clifton Center, and will feature a discussion led by our own Matt Jones. Tickets are $30, which gets you admission to the discussion with Calipari and Matt, a copy of Calipari’s new book, and a designated place in the book-signing line based on the letter on your ticket stub. Seating at the event will be general admission (no reserved seats). You can order your ticket here.

Can’t make it to one of the stops? You can order your copy of “Players First” online by clicking here.

UPDATE: Cal has added another Keeneland signing, one at the Richmond Road Kroger, and a stop in Owensboro. I’ve updated the list above as well.

26 Comments for UK Fans at the Ford Truck Plant want an updated list of Calipari book signings

1. Wildcat72
    12:50 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

NO signings in the Ashland area or Eastern Kentucky? That is very strange. Eastern Kentucky is the center of the fanbase…

• Thomas
      12:58 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I agree totally I would really love for him to come closer as I live in Virginia!!

• Preston
      1:04 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I agree. I live in Florida – any word if Cal will make a stop close to Tampa? It’s a shame he won’t come closer to the fans down here.

• Geez!
      1:50 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

My copy of the book is on its way-no signing in Denver? What??? Such and injustice.

2. Thomas
    12:52 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Is he not going to be able to make it to like Pikeville or Prestonsburg? I live in Virginia and I am 3 and half hors from Lexington but would love to have a copy of the book and Coach Cal’s autograph on it. Someone please let me know if you hear anything. Thanks and GO BIG BLUE!!!!! #ukforlife

3. appalachianassassin
    12:55 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Hillbillies, Pillbillies, Ridge Runners, and holler rats drive your country asses up to Nich Vegas and get your book from Sam’s, don’t forget to buy some pills at a cheaper price in the bluegrass to take back down the holler and charge more for to recompense for the gas money.

• Thomas
      1:01 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I think first of all you have a problem with your language and second I don’t need any pills, the only thing I need is my safety through CHRIST maybe you should thin about it!!!!

• Thomas
      1:03 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I am sorry that would be think about it a typo.

4. CatSinceBirth
    12:55 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

It absolutely burns my arse that Cal would charge $30 to have an outing with the fans who literally lick his behind. I want him for our coach for as long as he wants to stay, but he can say it’s all about the players if he wants to, and it may very well be true, right after Cal.

• Whattya want for nothing????
      1:02 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

C’mon, a-hole! For $30 (roughly the price to take a date to the movies) you get admission to an essentially private discussion with a future Hall of Fame coach, A COPY OF HIS BOOK (the book itself is $17 on Amazon), AND GET TO HAVE IT SIGNED, TOO. If $30 is too much to foot, you may want to reconsider your priorities.

• Really?
      1:54 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Then don’t go. It’s as simple as that.

5. BB GUNN
    1:07 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

be very careful cat fans in tard nation! because there a lot of Kentucky haters out there because they will rape you from your fanship and your job and will not lose 1 second of sleep.(HATERS WILL HATE)!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!

6. CatSinceBirth
    1:14 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Well, I’m not an asshole, but YOU ARE A JERK. I will admit that I overlooked the book, so guess it’s not so bad after all. Have a great day JERK.

• Whattya want for nothing????
      1:18 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I’m the jerk??? hahaha

“It absolutely burns my arse that Cal would charge $30 to have an outing with the fans who literally lick his behind.”

No, you said that ^^^

Don’t get mad at ME when it was YOU that said something absolutely ridiculous.

7. damond
    1:40 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I hope he decides to make an appearance in Owensboro.

• GordonM
      1:45 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

It is happening at the sportcenter on tuesday I think. I am going to check it out and will confirm.

• GordonM
      1:53 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I heard this during commercials of the KSR broadcast on 102.7 (local Owensboro Affiliate) this morning. Can’t confirm from the sportcenter site.

What I heard was a book signing. (to held at the sportcenter? That’s wild on UK support in Ownesboro) [why not just a book store?]

• Mrs. Tyler Thompson
      1:55 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

You’re in luck! He just added a stop in Owensboro on the 22nd.

• GordonM
      1:57 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

8. GordonM
    2:05 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

“Books-A-Million” in Owensboro is sponsoring the stop on the tour.

9. GordonM
    2:27 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

I love what you do but to say “and a stop in Owensboro” is and understatement.

10. Critter
    4:58 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

So once again Kentucky ends at Bowling Green and Owensboro. Paducah might as well be in Missouri.

• a21CATSfan
      3:05 am April 19, 2014 Permalink

Never any love for WESTERN Kentucky. Hoptown, Cadiz, Murray, Paducah etc.

11. eastern kentucky gal
    6:29 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Someone please inform coach Cal that people from Eastern Kentucky have been cat fans longer than he has been alive… we will be cat fans when he is gone. We do not need his book to remind us. Jackson, Hazard, Whitesburg, Cumberland, Harlan, Pikeville, Jenkings, Prestonsburg, Paintsville, Carr Creek, Elkhorn City, Ashland, Morehead, Belfery, Isom, UZ, Premium, Roxana, Gordon, Pine Mountain, Blacky,

C-A-T-S…CATS< CATS< CATS

Yes appalachianassassin…you are proof positive that azz holes do masquerade as real people!

• I hear ya
      7:10 pm April 18, 2014 Permalink

Now, can YOU all have Hillbilly Days/Mountain Laurel Fest/etc. in Lexington so I don’t have to drive ALL THE WAY to Eastern Kentucky? Tell ya what, how ’bout halfway – say, Clay City??

After reading your comment, it seems like a fair trade to me. 😉

12. Bluetide
    2:10 am April 19, 2014 Permalink

Went to B&N at the Summit tonight. BBN was out in full force! Got a pic with Cal and wished him a Happy Easter!