UK commit picks up offer from Auburn

Back off, Auburn.

The Tigers extended a scholarship offer to Jordan Griffin, the three-star cornerback out of Georgia who is currently committed to Kentucky. Griffin visited Auburn yesterday and left with an offer from the SEC West powerhouse.

The second player to commit to UK from the 2016 class, Griffin insists he is still all in with Kentucky; however, he will go through the recruiting process and plans to attend a game at Auburn this fall.

I don’t like it. I don’t like it one bit. Football recruiting is cruel.

Article written by Drew Franklin

12 Comments for UK commit picks up offer from Auburn

1. Blasphemy
    10:34 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I really hope he doesn’t switch. I really want to keep all of our defensive guys and O-line guys in the worst way. This is a testament to the kind of guys that Stoops is getting though: players that other good programs want.

2. Jose Punta
    10:36 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Don’t like it either. Stoops needs to win some games before he visits Auburn. Hope we get get some Yahtzees soon

3. Stoops
    10:44 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

That Thursday night game will go a long ways towards keeping this recruit if we pull off the upset.

4. settles
    10:44 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Settle down Drew…Corey Payters played for the Dirty Bird Falcons and still has ties in Georgia. My daddy told me that Payters will reach out to the young pup and convince him to stay committed to BBN.

• Charlie
      12:00 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Corey Peters

• settles
      12:11 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

I know how you gone and spell his name, but I got to pronounce it the way we do back in Appalachia

• Bobby Petrino
      5:14 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

Lots of my kin out on this site today. That’s good. It means they ain’t in jail and my main main beotch Tommy Turtleneck Jurich does not have to spend any more fund$ to spring them. We need that money to help pay for more bail; and the YUM center.

5. This Dude
    11:07 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

I told my girl the same thing last week. “I’m all in with you, baby, but yeah, I’m going out with this other girl next week that wants me as well. Please understand that me doing this has nothing to do with the way I feel about you and how committed I am to ya.”

Bottom line: If the other girl is hotter (which Auburn is), and the dude thinks he’s going to get some play from her, he’s gone.

• Lola Fire
      11:54 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Which is exactly why we need an early signing period, so we can “put a ring on it”.

6. I live close enough to Auburn maybe I can sabotage his visit. 🙂
    Hah! Just kidding NCAA!!!

7. Drake
    11:56 am July 24, 2015 Permalink

Drake: Stoopsie…get my digits from Cal and I’ll swing by and talk some pigskin.

Stoops: Thanks Drake, but you caused some flak this week with the Men’s BBall team. I’ll let Vince continue to do his thing.

Drake: No worries about the NC Double A. They don’t care about celebs hanging with the guys. I mean, Miami ever get in trouble? Oh wait…

8. seefus
    3:27 pm July 24, 2015 Permalink

this is why i can’t get excited about football recruits until they sign on the old dotted line.