UK Baseball doing more than winning games in Houston

@SHClexington

The Kentucky baseball team is playing in the Shriners College Classic in Houston this weekend and they are winning both on and off the field.

Two patients at Shriners Medical Center in Lexington joined the team for their weekend trip to Houston. Kyera and J.P. might just be the reason the Bat Cats are 2-0 on this trip.

Both patients have thrown out first pitches but Kyera was a little bit more special. Kyera is the sister of redshirt freshman first basemen Brayden Combs.

Kyera followed up her strike on the field by doing an interview in the broadcast booth. She discussed the care she’s receiving at Shriners and how her brother plays for the team.

@SHClexington

The baseball team and staff have gone out of their way to make these two patients feel special. This is just another reason you should be paying attention to this team.

The Cats take on Louisiana at noon. You can watch the stream of the game on Astros.com or listen to the call on 630 AM WLAP.

Article written by Kindsey Bernhard

Lover of dogs, sports and beer. @kindseybernhard

17 Comments for UK Baseball doing more than winning games in Houston

1. MegatonRange
    11:22 am March 4, 2018 Permalink

“Kyera is the brother of redshirt freshman first basemen Brayden Combs.”

Shouldn’t she be the sister of Brayden Combs?

• Rixter
      12:03 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Thanks for doing your search and solving that mystery.

Believe it or not, other people sometimes make mistakes.

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      2:27 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Spellcheck these, Mega.

“Alex Baldwin, whose dieing mediocre career was saved by his impersonation of me on SNL”

“Despite the constant negative press covfefe.”

“promote the possibility of lasting peach”

“China steals United States Navy research drone in international waters – rips it out of water and takes it to China in unpresidented act.”

“How low has President Obama gone to tapp my phones during the very sacred election process. ”

“Thr coverage about me in the @nytimes and the @washingtonpost gas been so false and angry that the times actually apologized to its…..”

“I am honered to serve you, the great American People”

• sprtphan
      3:53 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

BigBore

• MegatonRange
      3:09 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t have to research anything. If you can read and that’s apparently a difficult task for people today, you would have caught the error. It’s best to point out a mistake in the comments section, so the author of the article can correct the mistake, which is what happened here.

• Bull Filmer
      3:59 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

There are innumerable demands on any worthy POTUS’ time.

It is s a 24 x 7 x 365 job.

And, it is arguable as to whether – or not – DJT actually Tweets ALL of what is disseminated.

While we love it – or hate it.

It is what it is.

• antiquefurnitureandmidgets
      4:27 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Soooo we’ve managed to turn a feel-good story into some weird editing/political argument thingie. The internet is fun. And good for us too!

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      6:10 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

sprtphan gets mad. LOL

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      6:26 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

I didn’t TWEET THAT TO THE WORLD – your orange shit-clown did.

• sprtphan
      10:02 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Not mad just bored.

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      12:28 am March 5, 2018 Permalink

That sucks for you.

2. Rixter
    12:02 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Great story. Wishing Kyera the best.

3. Bull Filmer
    3:47 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

I was justified when I was #7
    Raisin’ Cain, I spit in your eye
    Times are changin’ now the poor get fat
    But the fever’s gonna catch you when the PITCH gets back, oh, oh, oh
    Eat FISH on a Friday, that’s Lentenl right
    Even like steak on a Saturday night
    I can PITCH the best at your social do’s
    I get high in the evening smellin’ Leather & Pine Tar, oh, oh, oh
    I’m a Pitch, I’m a Pitch oh, the Pitch is back
    Throwing smoke as a matter of fact
    I can Pitch, I can Pitch ’cause I’m better than you
    It’s the way that we move, the things that we do oh
    I entertain by picking off runners
    Prevent a steal, not costing games
    I love to close. Shut down Bats!!
    Oh, it’s full of nasty throws when the Pitchers are back.
    I’m a Pitch, I’m a Pitch oh, the Pitch is back
    Stone cold sober as a matter of fact
    I can bitch, I can bitch ’cause I’m better than you
    It’s the way that I move, the things that I do oh
    I’m a bitch, I’m a bitch oh, the bitch is back
    Rocket smmoke as a matter of fact
    CATS can Pitch, CATS can Pitch ’cause We’re better than you
    It’s the way that we move, the things that we do oh
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back
    Pitch, Pitch, the Pitch is back

Ripped off of Elton John & Berine Taupin

4. sprtphan
    10:04 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

Get a new routine. You lost. You wouldn’t be mad would you.

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      10:29 pm March 4, 2018 Permalink

WTF and who are who you talking to? LOL

• sprtphan
      10:05 am March 5, 2018 Permalink

Just wanted to see if you were paying attention BigBoring.

• UK BigBoardUpdate
      10:44 pm March 5, 2018 Permalink

You’re obviously triggered as shit by my being boring.