UK Baseball commit throws no-hitter in Lexington

Screen Shot 2017-05-10 at 9.55.05 AM

Lexington Catholic’s Trip Lockhart is a future pitcher for the University of Kentucky and last night he gave Big Blue Nation another reason to be really excited about his commitment to the Wildcats.

Playing against cross-town rival Tates Creek, Lockhart threw a no-hitter in Lex Cath’s 4-0 win Tuesday night. I’m not a big baseball guy, but my understanding is that is a very good accomplishment and very rare to do.

Lockhard talked to PrepSpin.com after his no-no:

UK Baseball dominating the headlines lately.

Article written by Drew Franklin

6 Comments for UK Baseball commit throws no-hitter in Lexington

1. UKrailbird
    10:12 am May 10, 2017 Permalink

Drew…if you are going to report on baseball, don’t you think you should research and learn a little about it beforehand? Pithing a no-hitter at any level is a big deal.

…just say’in…

I’m getting really tired of most of KSR hating on baseball…especially Matt.

• UKrailbird
      10:14 am May 10, 2017 Permalink

I meant “pitching” instead of “pithing”…

• BigBlueMeade
      10:16 am May 10, 2017 Permalink

Dude…if you don’t get Drew’s writing and the kind of jokes he outs in his articles then you should stop while you still have your sanity lol

• Eazy
      11:24 am May 10, 2017 Permalink

I love this team. Pompey and White are big league hitters. And the staff is solid. Thompson is going to be special. Looks like Mingione is already stepping up the recruiting. Lexington has always been a good baseball town.

2. fairplay
    1:13 pm May 10, 2017 Permalink

“I’m not a big baseball guy, but my understanding is that is a very good accomplishment ” Yes, a no hitter is a tolerable good accomplishment.

3. UKrailbird
    3:19 pm May 10, 2017 Permalink

BigBlueMeade…Dude, I do get Drew’s writing. If you think he was “outing a joke”, you should stop while you still have your sanity.