Tyus Jones cancels visit to UK

Tyus

Tyus Jones will not be visiting Kentucky this weekend, as previously planned. Steve Jones of the Courier-Journal reports Jones canceled his official visit to Lexington, essentially removing the Wildcats from consideration without actually saying it.

Jones, Calipari’s first visit in the fall period, was a long shot to begin with and the Tyler Ulis commitment didn’t help matters. It’s okay, though. Duke has a gorgeous campus. I’m sure he’ll love it there.

#TeamUlis

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Tyus Jones cancels visit to UK

1. Well...
    2:12 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Can’t say I didn’t see this coming. Means Okafor’s out too. As long as we get Stanley and maybe Myles I’ll be fine with this. Enjoy the puke blue devils boys.

2. BOSOX
    2:14 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

That is cool…. Booker, Oubre, and Blackmon Jr would suit me fine if they decide to play at UK

3. Will
    2:17 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I can say this now. Any picture where he’s looking directly at the camera kind of creeped me out. He’s got the Eddie Munster thing going on minus the sweetness of a child monster.

4. catlogic15
    2:17 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Dang, he’s shorter than Ulis.

Good riddance.

5. Duke Is In Durham
    2:21 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Duke is in Durham, North Carolina one of the worst cities in the state. It is a ghetto. So I doubt he is going to Durham for the beauty. Unless he is going to stay on campus 24 hours a day. Now Chapel Hill is a little safer but they have Roy Williams. Bottom line neither make sense.

6. DT in DC
    2:24 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

#3 – you read my mind! I was about to say that now that it looks like we won’t get him, I don’t mind saying that he looks like the kid Gaylor Focker thought was his son in “Meet the Fockers.” http://thumbs.anyclip.com/to0ph5Vq3/tmb_3873_480.jpg

7. Pookie Jones
    2:24 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Let’s be honest – he looks like a dookie

8. michael wright
    2:25 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Has anyone heard if Turner is visiting?

9. Worth the read!!
    2:35 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

A smart kid would put his time and effort into an agricultural degree. You can’t lose with the high class crowd and suave salaries you see them post up in their annual salary reports. You plant the roots, and your entire life blossoms into a rare rose only found in the mountains of Hungary ( sometimes Guatemala). Look at the other day for example. I was walking in my Eco friendly 100% acrylic boots up a mountain with a 140 degree angle then all the sudden, out pops Ron Jeremy and woody Allen dressed up like the Hawaiian punch guy & billy idol. The top of the A list!! It can be done folks!! Team spirit!!

10. Sam
    2:50 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Isn’t Okafor still planning on coming to Midnight Madness, or did Okafor already visit? I did read somewhere that Okafor and Jones may not be a package deal.

11. Obvious
    2:53 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

The caption for this picture should read: “Here is future Duke commit Tyus Jones practicing the Blue Devil floor slap”

12. Bibbyaueflay
    2:53 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Same as Austin rivers in the making. Uk don’t need him. Mudday would have been a good fit but not this joke queer. Let him and his butt buddy Go to duke

13. rick
    2:58 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

#9, WHAT??. Good luck to the kid.

14. Jeffrey
    3:06 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

I’m not worried about the PG position, we have Hawkins that will be a holdover, and is a lot better for what his credit is given for. And we have Ulis, we need to surround them with good players.

15. Jen
    3:11 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

You geniuses assuming that this means Okafur is out can let Cal do the recruiting. He’s better at it than you.

16. asdf
    3:16 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

He definitely has that Duke look about him. Nose slightly in the air, sneer on his face. Apparently already slapping the floor just because they think it still looks cool…

17. Jughead
    3:40 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

He looks like Butthead taking a dump. Check out that mouth.

18. STEVE!
    4:21 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Degrade the kid and Mudiay all you want. We saw what happened last season without having one of the top two PGs in the country running the show.

19. Laker Cat 18
    5:38 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

18. Look at last years incoming freshman class and name me a point guard in the top 100 without looking them up. You act like there were options. There was no Jones and there was no Mudiay in that class.

Heck, I wanted Mudiay more than Jones. He’s better by a lot in my opinion.

20. Wee Man
    6:08 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

He looks like Wee Man from Jackarse the Movie

21. C...A...T...S....CATS!
    6:11 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

Tyus Jones isn’t coming to UK? Awww! Now we’re doomed!

Come on people. This kid plays his game in the State of Minnesota. I mean, that is a HOCKEY STATE and at best Jones probably plays in a conference, region, and state full of High School Basketball Players who were kicked off the Hockey Team during Hockey try outs…

Since WHEN did the Kentucky Wildcats need a Minnesota High School Basketball player. Heck, Tyus needs to stay down on his own level and go play for Pitino Jr. at the U of M, or Iowa, or Wisconsin…
    He’s not ready for Kentucky’s brand of basketball… unless Rupp Arena takes off the floor boards and freezes up the Ice Rink…

Let’s get on to bigger, much better, and more appropriate recruits…

On… On … U OF K!

22. Wildcatsteeler
    8:41 pm September 26, 2013 Permalink

His head is too big for his body and kinda scary anyway. We ain’t got time for that.

23. Megan
    9:44 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

Jesus, people. Chill. When Drew says “essentially removing the Wildcats from consideration without actually saying it,” that’s just Drew reading tea leaves. As he points out, neither Tyus nor his father have said such a thing.

All we know is that he’s not visiting this weekend, a visit he set up only a couple of weeks ago. That’s it. What you read into it, I’m afraid, says more about you than it does Tyus.

24. B-Lord
    9:51 am September 27, 2013 Permalink

It’s funny (and very true) how you can pick out a Duke commit the first time you see these kids. Why is that!? It’s like no other school. Very strange. I said “no way he doesn’t go to Duke” the minute I looked at this guy. Did the same thing for Jabari Parker the first time I saw him. Cal should learn to do the same thing and not waste his time on these goons.