The USA Men’s U18 National team trimmed its roster to 18 this morning.
Tyrese Maxey made the cut.
The final 12-man roster will be announced before the team’s departure to St. Catharines, Canada on June 7 for the 2018 FIBA Americas U18 Championship.
The team is being coached by Kansas’ Bill Self and assistants Anthony Grant (Dayton) and Danny Manning (Wake Forest).
The other finalists include:
- Cole Anthony (Archbishop Molloy H.S./Briarwood, N.Y.)
- Armando Bacot (Trinity Episcopal School/Richmond, Va.)
- Keion Brooks (North Side H.S./Fort Wayne, Ind.)
- DJ Carton (Bettendorf H.S./Bettendorf, Iowa)
- Hunter Dickinson (DeMatha Catholic H.S./Hyattsville, Md.)
- Ayo Dosunmu (Morgan Park H.S./Chicago, Ill.)
- Quentin Grimes (College Park H.S./The Woodlands, Texas)
- Kamaka Hepa (Jefferson H.S./Barrow, Alaska)
- Matthew Hurt (John Marshall H.S./Rochester, Minn.)
- Trayce Jackson-Davis (Center Grove H.S./Greenwood, Ind.)
- Josiah James (Porter-Gaud School/Charleston, S.C.)
- Jalen Leque (Christ School/Teaneck, N.J.)
- Tyrese Maxey (South Garland H.S./Dallas, Texas)
- Justin Moore (DeMatha Catholic H.S./Hyattsville, Md.)
- Jeremiah Robinson-Earl (Bishop Miege H.S./Shawnee Mission, Kan.)
- Anton Watson (Gonzaga Prep/Spokane, Wash.)
- Mark Watts Jr. (Old Redford Academy/Detroit, Mich.)
- Coby White (Greenfield H.S./Goldsboro, N.C.).
After being named one of the top performers, it was no secret Maxey was going to be named one of the 18 finalists. I would also bet a lot of money he makes the final roster.
Read Nick Roush’s story: