Tyler Ulis guest stars on today’s KSR

Screen Shot 2016-04-06 at 1.36.33 PM

Surprise!

Tyler Ulis will be a guest on today’s edition of KSR. The Phoenix Suns point guard is in town for Derby and a couple of autograph signings, and he wants to speak to Big Blue Nation via the KSR microphone while he is in.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

54 Comments for Tyler Ulis guest stars on today’s KSR

1. runningunnin.454
    10:18 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Bluto and the Deltas would be proud of the kid at UK; but…..he gone.

• Realme
      10:20 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Really dumb to confess to more than he was caught doing, and then to sell out his buddy? Terrible.

• J-Dub421
      10:28 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Just study! It’s not that hard! Or if it is that hard, then maybe it’s time to switch majors.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:33 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I copied math homework a couple times in high school. It never paid off come test time. Doing the work was the only right answer. Much more gratifying to do the work, understand it and actually get the correct answer.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:29 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Who’s up next on the phones….somebody from Kentucky Wesleyan.

3. CATandMONKEY
    10:38 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Politicians have been owned long before Citizens United. To think otherwise is ridiculously naive.

• J-Dub421
      10:41 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Politicians should wear patches on their clothes like in Nascar, so everyone knows who bought them.

• Sentient Third Eye
      10:41 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Politicians are kind of like lawyers: if any of them were honest, they wouldn’t have gone into such a sleazy line of work.

• J-Dub421
      10:46 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I work for lawyers who are very nice, and quite honest. Having been in the legal profession for over a decade, there are more good lawyers than bad out there.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:54 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Guess I dated the wrong one J-Dub. Granted I do not judge all attorneys strictly of that experience.

• J-Dub421
      10:55 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Don’t get me wrong, I’ve worked for a few jerks here and there, but overall most lawyers I’ve known are good people.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:02 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub see my reply incorrectly sent to comment #4

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

It may depend more on what field one works in. I have done some environmental remediation and patent cases early on in my career, but more recently have worked in estate planning and administration (wills and probate, etc.), mostly I have worked in insurance defense though.

• RealCatsFan
      11:21 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

STE, I trust most used car salesmen much more than I do ANY politician. See my response below concerning politicians.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:39 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Hey, remember, this is Muurica! Greed drives the bus, and money Trumps all.
    (See how I did that?) 🙂

• CATandMONKEY
      10:41 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

If greed wasn’t equal across party lines that would be even more clever. 😊

• CATandMONKEY
      10:48 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

…and unfortunately greed is an inherent human trait. How that greed is expressed from person to person and across different societies may vary but we are all, shamefully guilty of greediness. ☺

• CATandMONKEY
      10:59 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

To be fair the lady in question wasn’t horribly immoral but she showed me the seedy underbelly of the business of law, law school and the (in)justice system. Truly eye-opening.

• CATandMONKEY
      10:59 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Damn wrong reply!!!

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

C&M, you are absolutely correct – the greed does extend across party lines.

Politicians are like diapers. When they get too full of shit, it’s time to change them. 😀

• CATandMONKEY
      11:25 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

😂😂😂😂

5. J-Dub421
    10:44 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

My roommates and I used to order pizza from Mad Mushroom or chinese food from Mr.Wok’s which were both open and would deliver up until 1:00am. Or, my then boyfriend and I would go to Perkins which was open 24 hours a day. Ah, college.

• Realme
      10:47 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Remember how easy it was at that age to stay up all night and still function the next day? Seems crazy now.

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

The problem is, I am a night owl and still tend to stay up late. This is why I’m tired all the time.

• Realme
      10:55 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I feel you. If I didn’t have a job I’d be up til 1 or 2 every night. I go through bouts of insomnia off and on, so I force myself to go to bed whether I feel like it or not, because I never know when I’m going to wake up at 3 or 4 for no reason.

• RealCatsFan
      11:19 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Yep, there’s nothing like waking up at 3:30 AM, tossing and turning for a couple of hours, and then feeling like you could sleep like a baby when that damned alarm goes off at 5:45. Happens a lot more the older you get – probably because we have a lot more worries!

• runningunnin.454
      11:22 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

So who slept in college? I did know one kid from Ohio that was in bed asleep at 9:30 every night; he also wore a tie and sweater every day to class…….total weirdo.

• Realme
      11:24 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I never understood why anyone signed up for 8 am classes, but there were plenty of those people.

• J-Dub421
      11:31 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I took one 8:00am class freshman year and vowed never again.

• runningunnin.454
      11:48 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Ha the 8 a.m. class thing is the first thing you learn in college…don’t do it again.

• I had a 7:30 class with a professor that was lovingly nicknames “The Human Sominex”. GREAT man, but dry.

6. CATandMONKEY
    10:50 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

G. Gordon Liddy gives this kid 2 thumbs up.

7. J-Dub421
    10:54 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Staying with family in a stable situation is way better than foster care. Give the grandparents the stipend!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:00 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Indeed. Leave it to the state to always make the worst possible decision.

8. Realme
    11:18 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Love when callers wildly speculate based on absolutely no info.

9. Realme
    11:27 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Are these nerds and dorks talking about wrestling again?

• J-Dub421
      11:35 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Nothing like some roided out meatheads play fighting in spandex.

• Realme
      11:38 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Insert crying laughing emoji here.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:39 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Actually the people that watch and worship them are worse

• You’re stepping on my toes guys. ;-P
      JK. I used to LOVE rasslin’, but I don’t watch it any more. Not family friendly enough for one thing.

• Realme
      11:52 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I’m just doing it because it’s so ironic of them to have derision for Star Wars, LOTR and Harry Potter, but be soooo into wrestling.

• I definitely agree with that, Real-You!!!

• CATandMONKEY
      11:56 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Wrestling is cool until about age 14. If girls and real sports haven’t become a greater priority by that age you are doomed to dorkdom forever

• J-Dub421
      11:57 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I really don’t care if people like wrestling, to each their own. However, don’t love wrestling then crap all over Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings and act like you’re so far above such “nerd stuff” like Shannon does.

• LOL You make me laugh C&M.
      I admit I’m a dork, but I liked girls even in 1st grade, so there. 🙂

10. Realme
    11:45 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Ulis – Murray because they had to carry a worse front court.

11. Don’t forget that Fox was slowed down by an ankle injury and a flu bug for a while, so I don’t think it’s a fair comparison to Ulis’ regular season. Fox was playing really well before that, not just in the post season.

12. J-Dub421
    11:52 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

You really can’t go wrong with either backcourt, Ulis/Murray or Fox/Monk. We’re so spoiled.

13. Realme
    11:54 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

This movie bracket just got more stupid than it already was.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:54 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

Good gawd, they tossed out Shawshank? Booooo-gus!

• Realme
      11:57 am May 4, 2017 Permalink

I think someone else (I don’t remember who) analyzed this correctly. Drew has been tanking top contenders in order to get FG all the way.

• runningunnin.454
      12:00 pm May 4, 2017 Permalink

I was a big fan of Stephen King in his early days…guess I’m a fan of the horror genre in general; movies and books.
      So I bought the Shawshank book; boy that was a surprise.

15. I’m sorry, I’ve listened hardly at all to this movie stuff, partly because:

1) I’ve been busy
    2) I haven’t seen half of the movies in the running, therefore…
    3) I find it boring
    4) Gump is overrated
    5) Shawshank is overrated

I understand it’s the off season, but again, they don’t seem to be even giving 5 minutes a week to the Bat Cats, and we’re top 5 people! Same for the Lady Bat Kats! They’re ranked 14th or something. At least have the head coaches on sometime, and maybe one player every 2 weeks or something!