Tyler Ulis decision coming soon

tyler-ulis

The Lexington Herald-Leader caught up with the father of Tyler Ulis following their official visit to Kentucky over the weekend, and Papa Ulis said a decision is on the way.

“It could possibly be later this week or early next week,” James Ulis told Ben Roberts. “Tyler and I had a good conversation last night on the drive home. We’re going to talk again later today or early tomorrow. I know it’s coming. … I think he’s ready for it to be over.”

After seeing what Ulis saw last night in Rupp Arena, it’d be tough for him to turn down the opportunities at the University of Kentucky. The other two schools he is considering, Iowa and Michigan State, bless their hearts, hosted Ulis on official visits earlier this month but I can’t imagine them being anything like his weekend in Lexington. His father said he had a great time at UK.

Come on down, perhaps?

Article written by Drew Franklin

24 Comments for Tyler Ulis decision coming soon

1. Andrew
    3:12 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

YAHTZEE

2. Andrew
    3:14 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Drew, did you take that picture???

3. Drew Franklin
    3:18 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

2. — Hahaha I did not.

4. Han
    3:28 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Unless he was actually incredibly uncomfortable with all the fanfare and attention UK brings, it’s very telling that they had a talk after leaving here and are ready to make a decision. Doesn’t mean Izzo or whoever won’t swoop in and convince them to delay/take another visit, but it certainly bodes well for Towns having a new teammate.

5. Jalo
    3:31 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

I am curious if UK has ever had a PG this small. Tyler is listed at 5’8.

6. rob
    3:36 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Is Dana O’Neil calling UK the taliban? You decide…

“Short of matching up with Kentucky in Kabul, I’m not sure how John Thompson III could have made his schedule much more daunting.”

Seriously, though, she’s lame.

7. The truth
    3:42 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Yes. Bless their hearts. Just like UK’s heart was blessed when Mudiay and Wiggins told them to F$ck off.

8. cracka
    3:48 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

problem is that it doesn’t seem like tyler and tyus are willing to play on the same team … cal is meeting with tyus tonight and could possibly be telling him if he isn’t ready, tyler could beat him to the punch … i don’t think this is going to matter to tyus who isn’t scheduled to visit uk until 9/27

anywho … can’t wait for THIS year!

9. Basteballer
    3:49 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

I think he wants to ensure he gets in before Tyus Jones walks through the door with Okafor (sp?) and, yes, I think that’s a very real possibility.

10. DT in DC
    3:49 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Wasn’t LeRoy Byrd III about 5’5?

11. bosshog
    3:49 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Today is really the day of trolls. But I guess everyday is the day of trolls around here; and indeed on the whole world wide web. What kind of loser or @$$ do you need to be to consistently get on the fan site of another team and try to incite others? I guess that is what makes internet advertising and sites like this into the successes that they sometime become. Traffic is driven just as much by haters as it is by fans.

12. Travis Ford
    3:52 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

@ 5 Jalo…….How could you forget about me?

13. Louisville1Cal4
    3:54 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

@7 Or like everyone’s heart was blessed when those compromising Cal’s other top classes told everyone to f**k off because the other programs they were considering weren’t good/worthy enough.
    Mudiay & Wiggins wanted to be stars & the main man, only reason they or any other top notch recruit doesn’t choose UK. UofL fans have no idea what it’s like to say that though, Elite talent sticks their nose up often to Pitinio & UofL, just like Lyles will be doing very soon too.

14. jalo
    3:54 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

travis ford was a good one. good memories of that guy.

15. tyrus
    4:07 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Dicky Beal was 5-9. Played in the early 80’s and drafted in the 4th round. Agree about Travis Ford

16. The truth
    4:10 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Yup, #1 class = NIT and loss to Robert Morris

hahahahahahahahahahaha

Pathetic on the field = UK

17. Brandon Stockton
    4:10 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

I was 5-6 or so.

18. bosshogg24
    4:38 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Leroy Bird was 5’3″, there have been other short guards!

19. The truth
    5:25 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

Or = banner number 8 and beating little brother twice in one season.

Pathetic in life = UL

20. Joe
    6:40 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

I want ullis, I think he can play. Yes Leroy was very small but to be fair he was a human victory cigar, he never ran the team. Ford is more like it.

21. Parker
    8:44 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

What if Tyler grows like davis did?

22. Michael
    9:58 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

I’m glad that as a UK fan I don’t feel the need to ride the accomplishments of other programs. UL fans should be embarrassed for always bringing up Robert Morris. They’ll come back down to earth when Cal wipes his a$$ with UL for the 5 time in 6 tries.

23. Dee W.
    10:14 pm September 10, 2013 Permalink

The U of L trolls bring up the Robert Morris loss all the time because it is more relevant than their own team’s accomplishments. It continues to just demonstrate the inferiority of their program.

24. The Little Man
    1:15 am September 11, 2013 Permalink

Ronnie Lyons played guard for UK in the 1970’s. I do not remember his actual height, however Cawood Ledford often referred to him as, ‘the little man.”