Ulisyeaaaah

What do Tyler Ulis, Dancing Guy, Tom Jurich, Archie Goodwin, and the CentrePointe project all have in common? They’re all topics of today’s KSR. Tune in to hear Matt and Ryan break them down, along with a look forward at Saturday’s game against South Carolina.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

WLSI (900am) Pikeville
WPRT (960am): Prestonsburg
WSFC (1240am): Somerset
WTCW (920am): Whitesburg
WHAY (98.3fm): Whitley City
WBTH (1400am): Williamson
PRTC TV Channels 209 & 409: Jackson & Owlsey Counties (Replayed at 1 and 6)

On Delay (ALL TIMES LISTED EASTERN)…

WVHI (1330am): Evansville, IN, 5-7pm
WMTL (870am): Leitchfield, 11am-1pm
WLBQ (1570am): Morgantown, 3-5pm
WRIL (106.3fm): Middlesboro, Thur 8-10pm
WWTF (1580am): Lexington, 4-6pm

44 Comments for Tyler Ulis, Dancing Guy, Tom Jurich, and Archie Goodwin, oh my! (Thursday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:53 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Has Paul and you made up yet? Maybe send him some Harry’s Razors.

Did Ryan break the news on CentrePit in Lexington?

2. Laker Cat 18
    10:06 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Coach Dawson to Southern Miss? That would be interesting. I can see it now in the headlines already.

3. Living Legend
    10:15 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Matt, just for the sake of argument, don’t forget about Rondo

4. Crushgroove
    10:15 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Ulis is good… moving on.

5. symphonist41169
    10:19 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

His turnover at the end of the Kansas game was due to sheer exhaustion.

6. J-Dub421
    10:24 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Anthony Epps and Wayne Turner were both very good for UK.

7. RealCatsFan
    10:34 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Closest guard to Ulis in size and quickness that I can recall was Dickie Beal, but I think Tyler is better than he was. Dickie was entertaining to watch, though!

8. Crushgroove
    10:34 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

So, what if my phone is hacked and all the nude selfies from all the nasty thots on it get spread over the webz? Am I now somehow liable and under threat of jail time b/c they sent me naughty pics of their own volition and the only source is my phone with no proof that I, myself, didn’t leak them? How is that fair?

9. symphonist41169
    10:42 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

No more Dancing Guy, he may be just having a good time but it makes Kentuckians in general look really, really bad when he gets on ESPN.

• ukjaybrat
      10:46 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

BC some dude is dancing in the stands, that makes us look bad? I think it makes us look bad because the majority of our lower arena fans sit on their ass and yell at anyone that tries to stand up and make noise.

• symphonist41169
      10:47 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Apples and oranges, dude.

• ukjaybrat
      10:49 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

not really. Dude’s just trying to have fun. I really don’t understand how he makes us look bad, other than the part where he picked up a girl and dropped her. Yes that was bad. But him dancing does nothing but piss off the old farts that just want to sit there in peace.

• Realme
      10:52 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I agree with Jay that our sour faced, too cool to cheer, lower arena crowd makes us look bad. I would add that highlighting a special needs fan that likes to dance makes us look good, it’s a tradition rooted in kindness (even though he does get on my nerves personally).

• symphonist41169
      10:53 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Unfortunately that became part of his dancing. He’s also done some other things while “dancing” that are questionable. And there’s no way ESPN showed that clip because they wanted to show “a dude just trying to have fun” in Rupp.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I think he needs to stop sliding down the rail just out of safety concerns, but I have no problem with him dancing to his heart’s content while at the game, as long as he is not continually blocking someone’s view. I agree that the atmosphere at Rupp needs a serious shot in the arm. We look jaded and spoiled (and we truly ARE spoiled as a fan base) on TV with everyone just sitting there. Look around the country at other arenas, and most of them have their own version of Dancing Guy at the games – probably sans the rail sliding though.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:57 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Kentuckians in general? Please explain that. You’re telling me that .004% of the 24,000 people in Rupp Arena and .00002% of the entire Kentucky population define Kentuckians in general?

• ukjaybrat
      11:01 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I agree he needs to quit with the rail sliding and generally any behavior that is could be unsafe, but yeah, dance your heart out bro.

@Symphonist
      I said, yes, when he picked up the girl and fell, that was bad, and that’s why THAT particular video made it to ESPN. Which is why he needn’t do anything unsafe. But to tell him he can’t dance during the TV timeout is just unfair to everyone that thinks the lower bowl needs more energy, not less.

• symphonist41169
      11:05 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Only the ones on ESPN. People generalize based on one example, you know that.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:35 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Sports viewers of ESPN generalize based on the banners hanging, not one dancing guy. I don’t care what they think of us if they know where we stand in college basketball. We are Kentucky and I’m proud of that.

10. symphonist41169
    10:43 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Go ahead and slam me but you know it’s true.

• Booby Petrino
      10:52 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I’m not worried about what the rest of the country thinks about Kentucky. Let them think we’re dumb for some guy dancing…why would that bother me? They’re the ones being dumb judging.

• RealCatsFan
      10:58 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Fans at a basketball game are the least of my concerns in regards to the image of Kentuckians. That usually gets trumped by the live TV interview of the meth addict with three teeth describing the sound the “tornader” made when it camme across the “holler” and sucked up a few trailers. And no, I’m not necessarily trying to make fun of rural mountain folks, but that is the image that the media loves to portray.

• Booby Petrino
      11:03 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Agreed, Real

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:07 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

The truth is that that stereotype exists all over. I have personally seen those types in New York, Connecticut, California, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and every southern state. To be honest, they are probably more prevalent in California and Arizona than in Kentucky or anywhere else in the south (except maybe Florida).

11. DREWBLUE
    10:45 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Matt is totally Finebauming Shannon today.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Because it’s UNC, of course it is! BTW, hard to take any institution of higher learning seriously with an AD who’s first name is “Bubba”. 🙂

12. CATandMONKEY
    10:56 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I wasnt in KY during the time of the Minnifield dunk but it does seem to defy nature. Dirk looked like he climbed invisible stairs enroute to that dunk. That remains my favorite UK dunk, amongst numerous incredible ones, especially in the last 10 years.

• RealCatsFan
      10:59 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

I think he may have gotten a little extra lift by pushing upwards off of the defender, but still awesome.

• Realme
      10:59 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Anyone have a link?

• ukjaybrat
      11:03 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

• DREWBLUE
      11:07 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

My 13 year old son has the picture of the dunk as his screen saver.

13. Laker Cat 18
    11:00 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

So what’s the inside scoop on the Morris vs. Goodwin beef in Phoenix?

• Sentient Third Eye
      11:08 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

There was only one Reese’s Cup left and they both wanted it.

• Dizzyd2k3
      11:28 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Morris kept playing Nickleback without his headphones in.

• Dizzyd2k3
      11:31 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Every time Archie text him, he just responds “K”.

• ukjaybrat
      11:52 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Archie kept saying your but he meant you’re

14. Dizzyd2k3
    11:31 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Morris screenshot his snap

15. Missionary Birds
    11:37 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Matt cracks me up talking about issues he has absolutely no knowledge about and then corrects Ryan.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:41 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Matt does know at least marginally more than Ryan in this case though.

16. Realme
    11:50 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

Current owner of Center Pit should at least do the parking garage and start making a little income. Build whatever over it when you get a new tenant, but there’s no scenario where using the already excavated space for a parking garage isn’t the most efficient next step imo.

• ukjaybrat
      11:54 am February 11, 2016 Permalink

i don’t know a whole lot about large building design. But it’d be pretty hard to build the first couple/few levels without knowing what’s going on top of it. Sure you could “guess” it’ll be a 10 story building, but if it turns out you just make 1 more level of offices, you invested enough materials to re-enforce a 10 story building… wasted money.

just a guess

• Realme
      12:00 pm February 11, 2016 Permalink

You’re probably right, I just don’t think they should keep releasing new grand plans (that won’t materialize) for another decade, when they could at least do something and eliminate the eyesore. One step at a time.

There’s a twitter account @CentrePit that tweets as if it’s a completed complex, kind of funny sometimes.

• ukjaybrat
      12:13 pm February 11, 2016 Permalink

i think they should just build a 3-4 story parking garage with 3 levels of offices on top. maybe some restaurants on the first floor. but just freaking build it and start making money. it’s just taking up space and wasting money leaving it as it is and arguing over what to put there.