Tyler Ulis’ brother, Ahron, commits to Iowa

Tyler Ulis’ brother, Ahron, is officially an Iowa Hawkeye.

This afternoon, the 6-foot-2 point guard out of Chicago Heights, IL committed to Iowa over offers from DePaul, New Mexico, and Northern Illinois, among others.

Here was the three-star guard’s commitment video:

Many Kentucky fans hoped the Wildcats would express interest in extending a scholarship to the legacy recruit, especially after John Calipari was seen chatting it up with Tyler at Peach Jam while Ahron was playing for Team MeanStreets.

In the end, that serious interest never came to fruition and the three-star prospect headed elsewhere.

Interestingly enough, despite holding an offers from Michigan State and Alabama, among others, Iowa was seen as the heavy favorite to land Tyler Ulis back when he was a five-star recruit in 2014.

After seeing him at Peach Jam in 2013, though, John Calipari and the Kentucky coaching staff ramped up their interest and the Cats soon had all the momentum in the world. He was offered in August of 2013 and committed in September of that year.

Now, the Hawkeyes finally have a Ulis to lead their program.

Congratulations to the Ulis family on the big news.

[mobile_ad]

Article written by Jack Pilgrim

Follow me on Twitter: @JackPilgrimKSR

8 Comments for Tyler Ulis’ brother, Ahron, commits to Iowa

1. ibescootch
    4:58 pm August 6, 2019 Permalink

The bull cut dreadlocks are a bold move.

2. WildcatCam
    6:00 pm August 6, 2019 Permalink

Plays similar to Tyler, it appears. Surprised he’s not higher? Why was Tyler 5 star and not his brother, what separated them?

3. KyZoneBlitz
    7:49 pm August 6, 2019 Permalink

I am utterly SHOCKED that Cal didn’t offer Ahron Ulis, Tyler’s little Brother, the kid, in MY opinion, is VASTLY AND UNBELIEVABLY RIDICULOUSLY UNDERRATED. In MY opinion, I think if he came to UK, he’s atleast a 2 year player, possibly 3, he’s Bigger than Tyler was at 6’2, has GREAT Handles (Just like his Brother Tyler did), GREAT Court Vision (Just like his Brother Tyler did), and has a Really Good Shot ( He’s a Good Shooter, but not great, not yet atleast, but definitely has the potential to be, and Will be IMO, form is also very similar to his brother Tyler’s but looks smoother because of his increased size and strength). I still can’t figure out how he is only rated as a 3-star prospect, but we dropped the ball here if you ask me, Iowa may end up with one of the top-5 most underrated players in this class. For example, 7 days a week, I would take Ahron Ulis over daishan nix, I think Ulis is the more complete player, and with the right coaching (Which I don’t think he’ll get at Iowa), will have the longer and more successful career. SOMEBODY PLEASE CALL CAL, shoot a flare gun, and have it spell out Ahron Ulis, because that kid should be in a Kenrucky jersey next season, that’s just all there is to it….

• JASUN74
      10:32 pm August 6, 2019 Permalink

I was right there with you until you said you would take him over Nix. Nix really is better than a lot of people are giving him credit for. He’s the real deal, and with more time working around three point range he’ll keep improving to. I do agree with everything else though and I hate we didn’t offer anything he kid.

He’s going to prove a lot of the scouts wrong I believe and end up being a mid to late first round pick in a couple years. He will also have fantastic coaching at Iowa and even though with Cal he may could’ve been higher, he’ll be fine. I’ll be watching as with you to keep up with him through his career and hope he becomes a great one. One thing I know is that he’s got that blood in him that won’t quit and will fight hard!! That Ulis blood. Lol. They need to bottle that shiiit up and sell it. Make a fortune. Haha. Good post K Z Blitz

• herm89
      10:46 pm August 6, 2019 Permalink

I think we’re gonna be OK

• ibescootch
      12:04 am August 7, 2019 Permalink

Chill out, Ahron, we know that’s you.

4. Urincatland
    4:37 am August 7, 2019 Permalink

Looks pretty damn good to me! Would be a helluva 2-3 year player. Go get him Cal!

• Thetruthshallsetbennyfree
      5:40 am August 7, 2019 Permalink

If you read your name wrong it’s disturbingly funny.