Two weeks of guest hosts to take over KSR

One week from today, Matt Jones will take his two-week summer vacation, leaving behind Kentucky Sports Radio radio to a list of special guest hosts. The schedule for those two weeks is now finalized — with the exception of one open date — beginning with Will T. Scott on Monday, June 1.

Here’s the entire schedule:

Monday, June 1: Will T. Scott
Tuesday, June 2: Sklar Brothers
Wednesday, June 3: Jay Bilas
Thursday, June 4: UK Football Coaching Staff
Friday, June 5: Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen

Monday, June 8: Jon Rothstein
Tuesday, June 9: Matthew Mitchell
Wednesday, June 10: Josh Hopkins
Thursday, June 11: Seth Greenberg
Friday, June 12: OPEN (Finebaum, hopefully)

It’s going to be a very fun two weeks of KSR. (No offense, Matt.)

Article written by Drew Franklin

9 Comments for Two weeks of guest hosts to take over KSR

1. shelby
    4:35 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

I have never understood matt’s infatuation with the sklar brothers – they’re simply awful. They think that every word out of their mouths is hilarious – I think they try to hard or something. That’s one day I will likely have to change the channel or just listen to some tunes on my I-phone.

• Katya
      4:57 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

Being in Wild Hogs should make anybody an automatic “no” for the show. Is it bad that I only know these guys from the Oblongs?

• theSkinny81
      6:13 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

I agree. I’d rather Larry Glover host that day – he’s hilarious. /sarcasm

• symphonist41169
      7:54 am May 27, 2015 Permalink

The Sklars absolutely try too hard and end up just being annoying. If they were half as funny as they think they are they’d be a LOT bigger in the business than they currently are and there would be no way they’d ever fill in as guest hosts for a day.

2. Catsby80
    4:43 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

i have to say… this is a pretty good lineup in my opinion. really looking forward to hearing Jay Bilas and the UK Football Staff. Those 2 days should be really good. Finebaum would be a pretty sweet fill-in, also. I find him to be hysterical.

3. Realme
    5:24 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

Sounds great. This is SO much better than the not so long ago days of Cutler monologue and Buzz Baker bringing on that horrible creep from Richmond. Shows how much KSR has grown in importance. Hope Finebaum finishes out the list. I am a fan of how he interacts with crazy callers especially.

• Realme
      5:25 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

If not Finebaum, a Billy Clyde former player round table would be fun.

• inside info2
      7:00 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

you bring up a good point–has the relationship with Cuter and KSR diminished? He used to be mentioned on the show at least 5 times a day. Haven’t seen him pop up on here in awhile. I always wondered how his and Matt’s egos were ever able to be housed in the same room.

4. jeffj
    5:36 pm May 26, 2015 Permalink

that guy that says ” you people are crazy ” would be cool.