Two Keys Tavern files Chapter 11… but not giving up on future

Two Keys Tavern has filed for bankruptcy. Yes, the same Two Keys Tavern we all know and love, the one that has quenched the thirsts of University of Kentucky students and the Lexington community for over six decades. Two Keys has been in a fight with its landlords and this stupid pandemic, and owner Seth Bennett decided it is time to take a step back and revise the long-term plan, filing for Chapter 11 in these troubled times.

In a statement provided to KSR, Two Keys assures its loyal bar-goers: “Two Keys Tavern will either continue to operate in its current location, or move to a new home nearby.”

Leave your favorite Two Keys memory below. I know you got ’em.

Article written by Drew Franklin

17 Comments for Two Keys Tavern files Chapter 11… but not giving up on future

1. CapitalBlue
    10:13 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

Don’t have many tbh. That place had a way of erasing your memory

2. ClutchCargo
    10:18 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

I did all I could to support them back in the day. Hope they make it.

3. Condo1122
    10:20 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

Well, I know my dad watched the 1978 title game there. Also, he saw Jim Boeheim there once. Me, I’m like CapitalBlue, the memories are more blurs.

4. lexslamman
    10:21 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

As someone who both grew up as a townie and went to UK, good riddance. That place is a sewer.

5. itsfootballtimeinthebluegrass
    10:36 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

They let me in when I was 19 the night the Cats won it all in 2012

6. kyle heavy
    10:41 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

“Two” many memories to cite. One time, I spent $120 on $10 all you can drink wells Thursdays. Incredible. Damn sorority girls.

7. truebluefootballfan
    11:32 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

How about small business owners or self employed ppl going on less vacations a year and stop living beyond their means or down to the last dollar. Oh and perhaps they should pay their unemployment insurance while their at it. Any business that’s been open that long and still lacks stability has been beyond poorly managed.

• Ned T.
      1:09 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Or, the leftist/globalist scamdemic shutdown mob kills another with its coronavirus response hoax. I hope democrats are happy to see businesses vanishing so they can destroy the economy and hurt Trump.

Liberals are evil pukes.

• friendsofcoal
      11:29 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Man you are clueless! Do you honestly think anybody expected a virus that was started in China would shut our country down? I know I didn’t. How many times has the place changed hands? I’m guessing several times. It isn’t going anywhere…the current owner will either fire back up or a new owner will take over the reigns.

• friendsofcoal
      11:30 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

*meant for truebluefootballfan

8. brob324
    11:39 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

This bankruptcy filing is actually my favorite Two Keys memory… no big loss here

9. wrongrudder
    11:57 am July 10, 2020 Permalink

TWO KEYS: BACK IN THE DAY WHICH I DON’T REMEMBER – BUT SOMEWHERE AROUND 1973 I WAS TOLD I SHOULD HAVE BEEN PART OWNER BUT I DON’T REMEMBER…TOLD WILLIS ROBERT SUTHERLAND LIVED IN THE KEYS OF THE TWO VARIETY BUT I DON’T REMEMBER…BUT I DO REMEMBER IN THE SPRING OF 1973 A VERY ADORABLE BLACK LADY WAITRESS SERVED ME THE BEST CHILI SPAGHETTI THIS SIDE OF THE MOON…I WISH I COULD REMEMBER THIS LADIES NAME FOR SHE WAS THE MOTHER IN ABSTINENCE FOR US ALL…A LOVELY LADY WHO MADE THE “TWO KEYS” SHINE EVEN BRIGHTER FOR US ALL…

WILLIS BOB SUTHERLAND
    FORTUNATELY MY APARTMENT WAS RIGHT UP ROSE STREET FROM “THE TWO KEYS”…NEVER MADE IT PAST THERE ON WAY TO CLASSES..

10. Based God
    1:57 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Finally some good news.

• J. Did
      8:55 am July 11, 2020 Permalink

Mr. Uncool

11. UK_fac_boi
    8:38 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

$10 all you could drink on Wednesday (it didn’t last long), and Goodfellas to close the night.

12. eyebleedblue
    9:17 pm July 10, 2020 Permalink

Thanks Uncle Andy!!! All those economic related suicides and drug overdoses won’t matter because we are saving lives or something something. Top 10 unemployment!!! Go team!

13. J. Did