Twitter reacts to the Helmet Yahtzee

ElamHelmet2

Matt Elam is a Cat.  I’m excited, you’re excited, Twitter is all excited.  Here’s a roundup of tweets from everyone who’s excited:

Tommy Mainord, the originator of the “Yahtzee” recruiting catchphrase:

YAHTZEE!

EJ Floreal:

His future teammates:

Drew Barker:

Boom Williams:

Denzel Ware:

Dorian Hendrix:

Meanwhile, former Louisville assistant Vance Bedford is not impressed:

Enough of that. #Yahtzee

29 Comments for Twitter reacts to the Helmet Yahtzee

1. exiledfan
    1:56 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Am I losing my mind, or do I hear Matt’s voice coming over an open mic somewhere when I open the main page?

2. Jarweed
    1:58 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Where the hell is Rob Gidel?

3. UL FANS
    1:59 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

He’s not any good, he’ll never be any good, and we never wanted him anyway.

4. RichieFarmer'sMustache
    2:05 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I’m sure Longhorn Nation is thrilled that their new DC’s focus is on our recruiting and rivalry with UL. What a d-bag.

• MRob
      2:53 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Exactly what I was thinking, what a tool. I mean what can you expect from a former loserville coach.

• Al/in/Indy
      5:15 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

That cracks me up…He should be worried about his own job now that Money Clip Clint won’t be buying any more player for old Charlie. Beside in 3 or 4 years after he realizes he in a REAL league he’ll be getting their asses handed to them on a regular basis. But Maybe Jurrich will hire them back when Old Bobby finds his new job……Who knows Petrino may even take the Texas Job ha ha ha ha ha
      Wouldn’t that be the icing on the cake!

5. UKCincy
    2:07 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Comitts 28
    Can Take 25
    Difference 3

Who will be the 3???

6. Rei
    2:07 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

UL’s all time win percentage is barely about 50%.

FOOTBALL SCHOOL.

7. Melvit
    2:08 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I’m surprised Barnhart’s tweet wasn’t something about the fencing team or the swim team schedule.

• Ukfan
      3:34 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I’m surprised your tweet wasn’t about basketball. Barnhart has always supported football; getting others to support it has been difficult.

8. Back to the field
    2:12 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

So you post a picture of the coaching staff sitting together in a room. He commits, so what do they do they twitter each other on a great job. That is real funny. Do they call each other on the phone also?

• Dacci
      2:19 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Obviously you are a Cards fan or you would know that the coaches tweeting at each other aren’t in the picture together….

9. Carmine
    2:18 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Im confused if the kid we just got isnt any good and they didnt want him Why are U of L fans all over the UK message board talking about crushing us in a game thats 10 months away? Seems like nervous behavior or just annoying idiotic behavior !!

10. James
    2:30 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

UofL coaches, players, fans, administration, etc.. classless pukes. Everyone of them,

• Clint "fatass" hurtt
      2:37 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Was about to say same thing how many times now has a coach connected to the football program commented about uk in some way shape or form in a negative Light. CLASSLESS

11. Hal
    2:32 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

cant get past elams twitter handle. gotta change that.

12. Blasphemy
    2:37 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

THIS is the commitment that makes me know this staff is unlike any we’ve seen prior at UK. Bringing in good Skill positions is one thing, but bringing O/D- Linemen, that’s another story. They have proved it before with some other good gets, but this….. this was great. I’m glad I can enjoy football recruiting for once. We know Stoops can recruit now, can he develop them and produce a winning product? I think so….. but time will tell. Go CATS!

• MRob
      2:59 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I completely agree. Getting good big guys is how you move up in the SEC and these coaches are getting them. Once CMS gets his players in for a few years, Watch Out!

13. Clint "fatass" hurtt
    2:42 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Was about to say same thing how many times now has a coach connected to the uL program opened their mouth about uK in a negative light. If we suck y are they so worried about our football team. Their time is comin tick tock tick tock

14. KS
    2:57 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I understand it’s unlikely, until UK finds a QB, some LBs, a secondary, a better OL, and some more playmakers at WR, but it would be really nice to go into Louisville at the end of next season and hang one on them.

• MRob
      3:01 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

We are beating ul next year.

15. BlueFins
    3:36 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

If I were Bedford I would exhaust all my energy on my current team. But save a little, cause he’ll be needing it to move again in 3 years. Clock is ticking Vance!

16. Krispy Kreme
    3:39 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I love how UofL coaches (and ex-coaches) talk about UofL being “it” but they all take the first bus out of town.

17. FreshPrince
    3:46 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

Hey Bedford thanks for the bulletin board material… Now go play on a busy road.

18. catlunatic
    3:50 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

rivals has matt as a 3 star how can that be

19. Zach
    4:18 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

I WISH BEDFORD WERE STILL AT UOFL JUST SO WE COULD SHUT HIS BIG PIEHOLE UP AND EMBARASS HIS DEFENSE WITH THE AIR RAID OFFENSE BLOWING IT AWAY!

20. Judy
    5:09 pm January 30, 2014 Permalink

ul sure knows how to hire some douche bags don’t they? Sorry it say I have never heard that coaches name before. I know absolutely nothing about ul except my strong dislike for them. They suck and always will, don’t understand why UK fans give them the attention like they do. ul is nothing more than a waste of everyone’s time. Just my opinion and everybody’s got one.