Turn on KSR! (Wednesday Show Thread)

Shai Gilgeous-Alexander is excited and you should be too because it’s time for the Wednesday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio!

The guys are recapping all of the fun from last night’s game.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

52 Comments for Turn on KSR! (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Game last night was hard to watch at times, but I will take winning ugly at this point after the last week. We need JV on the court for way more than 11 minutes. Surprised he didn’t play longer. Hope that didn’t have anything to do with any soreness in his foot. He is one dude who needs to be on the court as much as possible.

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

He doesn’t move like a guy with a sore foot. I think it’s just conditioning and easing back into the rotation. Agree that he needs to be on the floor a lot more, and I think that will come.

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

He’s rushing his shot; he will calm down and get in the flow, just has to avoid the injury bug.

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Speaking of which, rg, that one 3-pt attempt by SGA when he was wide open and stood there for 3 seconds was going to be a miss all the way. I could see that coming. Announcer said he looked at it too long and should have done catch and shoot in rhythm, and he was right. Hate it when players stare down a shot like that.

• J-Dub421
      10:45 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

JV took 3 shots in his first minute in the game. He needs to relax and the game will come to him more. He rebounded well though.

• runningunnin.454
      10:49 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

You’re right, RCF…you have to step into the shot in rhythm with no hesitation. “Thinking” too much is some of our problems.
      I did see a MS guy do the same thing, hesitate, but he hit it…oh well.

• ClutchCargo
      10:49 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

JV’s passing is always on point. Probably needs to just do that for the first couple of minutes until he gets in the flow of the game.

• I love JV’s passing. Bullets!

• J-Dub421
      10:54 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Quade Green’s passing is a thing of beauty.

• 4everUKblue
      10:55 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I think JV might have a confidence problem, he’ll overcome that, just needs more minutes.

2. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Think I hear an echo in here this morning!

• 4everUKblue
      10:28 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s better than all the negative comments right?

3. runningunnin.454
    10:31 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Knox needs to assert himself more, and look for his shot. A lot of the time when the guards have the ball out front, Knox just stands in one spot watching…very easy to defend like that. You’re allowed to move, in and out of the paint, and corner to corner…make your man play defense.

• J-Dub421
      10:47 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I think Knox is coming along. He looked for his shot more last night (in a good way without forcing it). His defense is slightly better but still has a long way to go. It seems like he’s trying on defense but doesn’t always know what to do or where he’s supposed to be.

4. RealCatsFan
    10:34 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I love Shannon – especially his song choices – but his Conway Eaton commercials are the worst!

5. runningunnin.454
    10:36 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Calling that guy’s parents about the baby might not be a good idea….sheesh.

6. RealCatsFan
    10:42 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Sending in a “goon” to foul Azibuike was a smart move by the Oklahoma coach. If Cal were to adopt that strategy, who would we use? My guess would be Tai.

7. 4everUKblue
    10:45 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

So we should ban all posters who want to fire Cal.

• J-Dub421
      10:48 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I’d be okay with that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:51 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

No. Leave them on here so we can all point and laugh at how ignorant they are.

• 4everUKblue
      10:51 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Even better.

• RealCatsFan
      11:01 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

How about another button in addition to the “like” button. Call it the dumbass button. After more than five of them, that person gets a dumbass label affixed to their signature. They can remove it by redeeming themselves with a sensible post that gets some likes.

• runningunnin.454
      11:04 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Now that’s a good idea….especially the name of the button.

• 4everUKblue
      11:08 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I’m down with that.

• ClutchCargo
      11:12 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

RCF, the only problem I see with that is that the trolls with multiple accounts could easily turn a sensible poster into a dumbass. Otherwise, brilliant idea.

• J-Dub421
      11:21 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Yeah, I guarantee I would get the dumbass treatment, since I apparently annoy the trolls really badly. The one the other day was whining about me in multiple threads.

• runningunnin.454
      11:31 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

J-D, you and me both; we have a couple of “new” trolls just since last weekend….they’ve probably just changed their handles.

• 4everUKblue
      11:33 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Pretty sure that was really Slater

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Unless he signed up for a totally new account, it wasn’t Slater. I checked. You can tell when someone just changes their screen name.

• 4everUKblue
      11:36 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Sounded just like him. I think he just started a new acct.

• J-Dub421
      11:56 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

It’s possible.

8. DrSayre
    10:55 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I wonder if this becomes a thing where the top 3 or 5 guys tries to form a super team like Golden State, Miami a few years ago.

9. J-Dub421
    10:56 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I think Hami has turned the corner. He’s played well the last 2 games. Played more within himself, played better defense, rebounded better, he’s not forcing bad shots.

10. runningunnin.454
    10:59 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Elam…ha ha ha. Actually Rupp used football players …just to calm things down and get rid of the rough stuff from Newton and Sanders at LSU. Darryl Bishop and Elmore Stephens had their way with the Tigers.

• BluKudzu
      1:26 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

Joe B also did it with Art Still and Warren Bryant one year, due to the bench being rather thin.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:08 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

We cannot give a sustained defensive effort for more than 20 seconds. Seems like the opponent breaks us down for an easy shot more often than not.

• runningunnin.454
      11:15 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Yep, team defense is the toughest thing to learn, especially since they don’t play it in HS or AAU.

• ClutchCargo
      11:18 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

The big problem I see is that the guards get beat off the dribble, which is not the end of the world, but then there is no help defense or rim protector to back them up. Absolutely the worst team defense I have seen out of a Calipari team.

• ClutchCargo
      11:21 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

A guy like Mo Bamba would have made all the difference in the world for this team.

• runningunnin.454
      11:36 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Right, I think if Nick stays in school, he’ll come around next year…also SKJ.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

I can see the potential in Richards. He has a lot of talent. He’s just very inconsistent. I think he’ll get there though. On the up side we should get to keep him more than one year.

12. J-Dub421
    11:33 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Quade will be fine. I think he was mostly mad at himself for fouling on the three. He’ll get his shooting rhythm back soon.

13. secrick
    11:38 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Sorry guys but i didn’t see the game like some of you. I thought we played bad , didn’t hustle for rebounds like we should have. I can’t see us winning a road game left on the schedule unless we start being more aggressive on the boards. I would not say this if i thought the players where reading this but i know they are not. This team doesn’t look good.

• runningunnin.454
      11:42 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Don’t give up…just takes time especially when these players didn’t have to “work” in high school.

• secrick
      11:48 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

No way i give up and i hope you guys can get on here and give me hell in a couple weeks. I will be yelling and screaming and hoping i am wrong every game.

• J-Dub421
      11:59 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Hami rebounded like a champ and fought for every one of his 7 boards.

14. 4everUKblue
    11:46 am January 24, 2018 Permalink

Well damn I guess I ain’t nearly as connected as Matt either.

15. 2thepoint
    12:15 pm January 24, 2018 Permalink

The team played hard for most of the game. Yes, they have a long way to go, but they played through fatigue much bett r.

• secrick