Tune in to the Sklar Brothers on KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

Yesterday’s show drew mixed reviews but we’re back on the straight and narrow today with our good friends, Randy and Jason Sklar, filling in for Matt Jones in the host’s chair. I will also be on air to lend a hand when needed, and we’d love for you to tune in for a comical two hours of KSR.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

35 Comments for Tune in to the Sklar Brothers on KSR (Wednesday Show Thread)

1. UK_JB
    9:55 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Yes! Sklar Brothers.

Show was okay yesterday, just wasn’t a fan of them being Wisconsin fans.

2. jtrue28
    10:00 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Yeah, maybe we can get some Indiana fans to do a show too. #rolleyes

3. Realme
    10:01 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Hope they have some new material. I can’t listen to their Conway Twitty jokes and having Drew re-tell the Marilyn Manson story for a 12th time.
    Speaking of shows I don’t know if I can listen to, should I listen to yesterday’s podcast? I’ve tried listening to their podcast before, was bored (although maybe I picked the wrong day to try them), and find the idea of listening to a Wisconsin fan nauseating, so leaning towards no.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:18 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

They’re not bad at what they do, good at their job. Just not sure KSR is their thing. They were trying way too hard to be controversial. Their mission was to agitate UK fans and get ratings. They did both. If that helps. It wasn’t a bad show, but be prepared to be pissed off.

• Big Kat
      10:19 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

I’ll help out- don’t bother. That show sucked. Stare at the wall for 2 hours, you’ll probably get more out of it.

• J-Dub421
      10:24 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

The show yesterday wasn’t particularly entertaining. If you skip, you’re not really missing anything.

• Realme
      10:25 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Thanks, ya’ll. I’ll skip it (and save myself some irritation, probably).

• ukjaybrat
      11:05 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

i thought it was a good show aside from returning salt over the wisconsin lost 🙁

4. Craig
    10:11 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

And already turned it off, can’t take this constant talking over the top of each other.

5. Laker Cat 18
    10:20 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Not a fan of the Sklar brothers, but they’re still better than Cutler. I guess Josh Hopkins was busy.

• Realme
      10:31 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

I feel like they’re making a conscious effort to take a breath now and then. Makes them much more listenable, although they are still beating this Conway Twitty thing into the ground. At least they’re not playing his songs.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:35 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

You spoke too soon. Conway is rolling.

• J-Dub421
      10:35 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Conway Twitty’s lyrics are creepy and just waiting to be made fun of. His music is terrible.

• Realme
      10:35 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Well, scratch that last part of what I said.

6. BluKudzu
    10:32 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Maybe contact coach Stoops, Athalon’s 83rd rated football coach (of 128 ranked), and UK’s 12 million buy out man, to comment on his great recruiting classes, and his 12 wins in 3 years.
    JOKER LEFT THE SHELVES BARE! Stoops, cleaned out the safe.

• UK Big Board Update
      11:53 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Go get us a coach, Kudzu. Make it happen.

• BluKudzu
      12:08 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

Don’t think I could do any worse than Barnhart with that kind of money to throw away.
      I find it laughable, that the FBI is investigating Little Brother for illeagle financial mismanagement of a couple hundred thousand dollars, when UK is getting robbed of 12 million. There has got to be a kickback somewhere to somebody.

• UK Big Board Update
      12:31 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

But seriously, we’ve heard your snarky comments. Any coaches you have in mind?

• Booby Petrino
      1:21 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

you find it laughable that the FBI is investigating for financial mismanagement of public funds? So you think the FBI should investigate UK paying Stoops because he hasn’t had the success you expected? Um…okay….weird, but whatever.

• BluKudzu
      3:18 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

I understand my opinions are not popular to anyone that cares about UK football. I pray for the day I will say to everyone, “I apologize, I was completely wrong.” Should that day come; I promise, I will.
      The UK football program has been mismanaged. Turning it over to Joker, was a huge mistake. It killed all the momentum that Brooks had built, (which by the way had head coaching experience) and gave the keys to someone that had none. We saw how that ended.
      Then UK did it again with Stoops. Guess what? Not much of a change.
      I admit, I am dissapointed. Even worse, I feel like a fool for thinking the current path will eventually get us to a higher level of cometitiveness in the SEC.
      Now, I just hope we are competitive within our own commonwealth, as a top 3 or 4 team against Louisville, WKU, EKU, Morehead and Murray State or any other I have failed to mention (and not meaning any disresect).
      We deserve more than this, at least for $12,000,000.00, I think we do. You should too, if you are a real fan of UK football.
      This year, Barnhart and Stoops will be at the crossroads. We get another season as we had last year, then you will see what UK’s commitment will be to competitive football.

• UK Big Board Update
      4:24 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

If you can’t see the change in the right direction with Stoops, its because you don’t want to. This is going to be a tough schedule, but I think we will shock some teams.

• BluKudzu
      7:32 pm June 22, 2016 Permalink

Brother UK Big Board Update, I hope you are right and I hope am very wrong. I will be pulling with all I got, for UK, every game. There are a million and one things that have to perfectly right for the shock to happen. I am hoping it does.
      Being a critic is easy. We can all pick apart anything about everything.
      Just give us a defense.

7. J-Dub421
    10:38 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

76-er’s stands for 76 centers/forwards. That is all they draft. It’s like their management is allergic to guards.

• Realme
      10:41 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

LOL. Yeah, it’s bizarre. Let’s keep doing the same thing that’s not working, over and over again.

• Laker Cat 18
      10:46 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Hopefully this is a sign that Nerlens will be traded to more of a contender. The Sixers are terrible.

• J-Dub421
      11:03 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

There’s a rumor going around that the Celtics really want Nerlens.

• runningunnin.454
      11:10 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Yep, they want Ben Simmons? Another guy that can’t shoot. I’ll retire to Bethlem Royal Hospital.

• CATandMONKEY
      11:19 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Sixers should have the tallest overall roster at this point except that they seem to still, despite only drafting centers since GHW Bush was in office, have only the 13th tallest overall roster. I hate to pile on the Sixers because of the UK connections but as a Celtics fan, no tears falling here.

I make no claims as to the accuracy of the referenced site

• Realme
      11:22 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

#FREENERLENS

• Laker Cat 18
      11:54 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Saw today that the Pelicans were inquiring and in trade talks for Nerlens and/or Okafor as well.

8. Sticky Ceiling
    10:45 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Who?

9. Laker Cat 18
    10:49 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

If the Wolves take Murray, they’re shaping up to be one of my favorite teams in the future. Historically, I have followed the Magic because of my childhood fandom with Penny Hardaway. They have no hope at the moment.

• Big Kat
      10:59 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

Penny was awesome. Had that jersey for sure.

10. Out-Of-Office
    11:32 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

I have a strong theory that they just replay the same show of the Sklars every year. It has to be either that or they voluntarily do this same dumb routine annually.

11. J-Dub421
    11:47 am June 22, 2016 Permalink

The basketball player/movie puns have been decently funny.