Tune in to KSR! (Tuesday Show Thread)

ksr-logo

After a wild Monday with breaking news and talk of Girl Scout cookie thieves, nude sunbathing and Avril Lavigne, Kentucky Sports Radio radio is back for another day of fun.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

Article written by Drew Franklin

51 Comments for Tune in to KSR! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:11 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Free steaks for the show thread!

• J-Dub421
      10:49 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

That would be nice.

• RealCatsFan
      10:53 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

How about if Matt actually pays attention to the show thread comments again for a change. He used to actually read off some of the better comments on the air. Now if you are not on Twitter, you don’t exist.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Twitter sucks.

2. Realme
    10:17 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I think maybe bashing Briscoe yesterday about his past behavior is a little hypocritical after having him on the show and acting like he was great.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Who was the other “troublemaker” that Matt was mentioning? Goodwin?

• Realme
      11:00 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

“Who up” is Doron Lamb.

• J-Dub421
      11:34 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I don’t think it was Archie. I don’t remember him ever getting in trouble.

• runningunnin.454
      11:55 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Except when he drove to the basket….LOL.

3. bjaynelson
    10:18 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Have Chester and Darryl host on the same day.

• Realme
      11:54 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Throw in Billy, Jrock, and The truth for a Hilarious Callers round table.

4. DrSayre
    10:22 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I want to know everything, good or bad. This is why I never had a problem with Rex tweeting about Cal and the Lakers. I want to know what is going on.

• CatBlue in LR
      10:23 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, except that was fake news from the beginning. Is there some evidence to the contrary I don’t know about?

• DrSayre
      10:29 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I think Matt said he knew where that rumor was coming from and I thought I heard Matt a few weeks ago say that Cal was considering going to the NBA around that time.

• Realme
      10:32 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I’ve never heard anything to indicate Rex was doing anything but spouting nonsense. Matt will always try to protect Rex. As far as I know there was never any evidence that Cal was talking to the Lakers. He did entertain the Cavs after that season, before the twins announced their return.

• Exactly Realme.

• RealCatsFan
      10:55 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Rex was spouting off in the middle of a drug induced haze. The lesson – don’t open your mouth if you do not know that it is 100% true. I still am not convinced that the players did not get wind of the tweet.

• DrSayre
      11:14 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Well if Rex was just completely making it up, then that changes my view on it. I always thought Cal was actually considering, obviously not “Done Deal”, but thought there was something to it.

• RealCatsFan
      11:20 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

About 85% of the time, saying that something is a “done deal” when you don’t know 100% for sure will end up making you look like and idiot. Rex is Exhibit A of this.

• Lavar Ball is exhibit B.

5. CatBlue in LR
    10:22 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

The moment it turned for Billy was the 2nd Jeanine Edwards dis. I forget when exactly that was, may have been in the SEC tournament or the week before. But the time he pretended like he couldn’t hear her question, I just yelled at the TV, “You son of a b____.” I’ve never had the impulse to say that to the UK coach before that or since that time.

• I also remember a report on KSR that BCG said something along the lines of “Being an ambassador is not my job. I’m the basketball coach.” toward the end of season 2, and that was the last straw for Mitch.

That’s all the more reason I breathed such a sigh of relief when I watched Cal after he was introduced. I said “Holy Cow! We’ve found the PERFECT guy for this job!” Among other things, he’s the anti-BCG when it comes to PR.

• runningunnin.454
      10:53 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Not only that, Cal recruits and he wins.

• ClutchCargo
      11:07 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I’m thankful for what we went through with BCG. Without that crap storm, there would never have been enough pressure to make a change and reach out to Cal.

6. Realme
    10:29 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

That horse’s ass was our coach for 2 years, yet people complain about Cal.

• J-Dub421
      10:51 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I already feel sorry for whoever coaches after Cal.

7. J-Dub421
    10:57 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Really???? This caller is stupid as hell.

8. Realme
    10:59 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Uh, maybe all of the unfair player criticism from half of our fan base for 2 seasons has affected his attitude? Why can’t UK athletes have a human imperfection now and then? We’ve had no REAL off the court issues in 8 years. That’s fantastic. But no, they also have to have a charismatic personality or else.

• RealCatsFan
      11:03 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Well, to be fair, we also dodged a couple of bullets over the years. The Terrence Jones car accident could have turned out bad, and thank the lord that Willis was (hopefully) not driving that night last summer.

• Realme
      11:05 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I guess I would call Derek’s thing a real issue. So 1 in 8 years, and it wasn’t one of Cal’s one and dones that did it, it was the Ky boy.

• J-Dub421
      11:17 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I still firmly believe Derek wasn’t driving that night. If he was, the car would not have been neatly parked by the curb….

• RealCatsFan
      11:18 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

You have a point, J-Dub, but of course you will never convince rival fan bases of that. 🙂

• Realme
      11:18 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I do, I don’t think one ends up passed out by the open driver’s door by accident. But I’m very glad it didn’t ruin his life.

• I’m more glad he didn’t kill someone else. I’m glad he didn’t ruin his life also, but ultimately, if he had, it was his choice.

Hopefully he learned from it, and I’m sure he did. I worked with someone years ago who got a DUI and wound up in jail. I don’t think he drinks to this day.

• J-Dub421
      11:38 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I just assumed Derek was in the back and sort of fell/rolled out of the car. Then tried to stand up, and grabbed on to the door handle and pulled it open, couldn’t stand up, and ended up passed out in the street. I watched the video, he was hammered. If Derek was driving the car would have been on the lawn or in the middle of the street askew, and would have sideswiped several cars that were parked along the street.

• RealCatsFan
      11:57 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

J-Dub, not saying it is the case with Derek, but you would be surprised at how well some DUI drivers can navigate. They actually stay within their lanes pretty well, stay on the road, and often make it to where they are going without incident. The problems (and tragedies) occur when they either actually black out while behind the wheel, or something happens where reflexes are required to react quickly. Most of the fatal DUI’s happen when the driver simply nods off while behind the wheel, because alcohol is a sedative. Add to that the fact that the driver is probably tired from being out late, and driving in the dark, and you have an unholy combination.

9. DrSayre
    11:10 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Matt keeps saying that there’s people who like First Take… I still dont know who these people are

10. Realme
    11:17 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Ha ha Ryan never knows what they’re talking about with wrestling… until they bring up the gorgeous ladies.

11. RealCatsFan
    11:17 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

We have to realize that the nerds among us who love Star Wars and Star Trek often grow up to become the scientists, researchers and engineers that bring us some of the best stuff in life. I have always told my kids to never make fun of a nerd – they might end up working for them someday if they don’t become one themselves. I am somewhat of a “closet nerd” myself, and I really want my daughters to realize that it is perfectly cool for a girl to be interested in math and science.

• I love Star Wars, but Star Trek is mostly just okay for me. The exception would be “The Wrath of Khan”. Excellent. The movie with the whale was very good also, a lot of humor thrown into that one.

• RealCatsFan
      11:24 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

I like the episode where all the computers on the Enterprise were rebelling, and the machine that did the laundry somehow put “Kirk is a Jerk” on the back of Captain Kirk’s uniform. (The Practical Joker episode)

• RealCatsFan
      11:26 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

That one, and the episode where Kirk bags the Green Chick. 🙂

• I didn’t see that one. Remember when they all had to show good humor to make the alien disappear or whatever? Kirk and a Klingon had to stand there and laugh and be jovial with each other, and the Klingon slapped him on the back really hard and Kirk gave him a look but had to keep laughing. Okay, now I am getting nerdy, but I seriously didn’t watch that show much.

• J-Dub421
      11:43 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Star Trek influenced modern technology A LOT. Look at you iPad or tablet, it was designed after things seen on Star Trek. Same with smart phones. Flip phones were designed after tri-corders on Star Trek.

• J-Dub421
      11:45 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

*your. I always see my typos right after I hit post. Sigh.

12. I remember a gigantic rassler named Matilda the Hun on GLOW. She was kind of their Andre the Giant. I also remember seeing her on a sitcom or 2 where a character gets thrown in the ring with her.

13. FBtimeintheBG
    11:30 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

A manhole cover is round for a lot of reasons … but most of all, so it CAN’T fall into the hole. A square cover could fall into its square hole.

14. RealCatsFan
    11:50 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Ryan sounds like he is about to go Beavis-mode on us and say “Heh heh, he said ‘ho'”.

15. J-Dub421
    11:52 am May 16, 2017 Permalink

Best song writers of the last 30 years: Don Henley/Glenn Frye of The Eagles, Paul Simon, Sting. I also really love Sarah McLachlan, Alicia Keys, and Adam Levine of Maroon 5. They all write interesting lyrics.

• BluKudzu
      12:05 pm May 16, 2017 Permalink

John Hyatt, Lyle Lovette, Prince?

• RealCatsFan
      12:22 pm May 16, 2017 Permalink

Bruce Springsteen has been one of the best songwriters, and he writes a lot of songs for other artists. Elton John is another one. And of course, all the members of the Beatles.