Tune in to KSR now (Tuesday Show Thread)

On today’s edition of Kentucky Sports Radio radio, Matt Jones and Ryan Lemond will look ahead to the SEC Tournament, weigh in on the latest in the one-and-done reformation, and go over their Netflix homework for the week.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

42 Comments for Tune in to KSR now (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:07 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Well I violated my policy of never clicking on any Lavar Ball related articles. Jeff Goodman’s life seems very sad. He should probably join Forde and Thamel in trying to make huge articles out of sketchy info from “sources”.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:10 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

I assume there will be a final top 25 next week; maybe we’ll be ranked above Saint Mary’s since they got smacked last night.

3. Realme
    10:18 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Hope we do get Kyky. Want a Ky player on the team always. Will he be a 4 year guy?

• ClutchCargo
      10:22 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

I know highlight videos don’t tell the whole story, but his demonstrates a lot of skill and athleticism. I think he could definitely be a contributor.

• ClutchCargo
      10:26 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Crap. I wish we could edit comments. Saying “I think he could definitely…” is weak sauce. Kind of like when people say “I don’t think there is any doubt…”

4. Hey guys, yesterday when I mentioned Jonathan Miller, and not in a positive fashion, I hadn’t read his post from Sunday (I usually skip over them). I wanted you to know that I in NO way disagree with his overall point this time (I only skimmed it and didn’t read it for detail). I have a 12 year old daughter turning 13 soon after all!

• runningunnin.454
      10:34 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

A lot of archaic laws on the books that are never enforced or repealed. Did you know, a woman may not wear a bathing suit on a Kentucky street unless she is accompanied by an officer or an escort, or unless she is armed with a club.

• Realme
      10:37 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

I could use a club when walking around downtown Lexington (wearing more than a bathing suit of course).

• I remember reading a piece on weird laws that said it’s against the law to lasso a fish in Nashville. I didn’t think of that when KSR posted the video of the guy lassoing the fish last week.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Kentucky law also says you can’t hunt from a vehicle…only exception is whale hunting; Kentucky waters must have been much more exciting in the old days.

• Maybe that law was passed when Noah’s flood waters were still receding.

• runningunnin.454
      10:51 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

LOL, no doubt.

• runningunnin.454
      11:53 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Realme, speak softly and carry a big club.

5. spincr4hire72
    10:29 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Matt needs to start cutting people off like Jim Rome used to do.

6. Realme
    10:42 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

If Gunnar was really in the running to start next season, he’d be the one in all the ads / media they’re putting out. They’re hyping up Terry for a reason.

• J-Dub421
      11:00 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Terry Wilson has similar attributes to SJ, and our offense is designed for such a player. Hoak is a totally different type of player. I would think it would be easier for Terry to step in and be QB simply because we won’t have to totally redesign our offense for him, and running the option also works best for Benny.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:07 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

I would like to know what part of Barker they thought would fit their system. It wasn’t designed for him either and you would have thought he walked on water his first year here.

• J-Dub421
      11:15 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Barker was Towles 2.0, only I always felt like Pat worked harder and tried harder.

• ClutchCargo
      11:25 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

My opinion, but when Barker came along, UK football was still at the point of just accumulating the best talent available. Barker kind of fit the bill at the time. Then the roster dictated that we were better when we ran a different type of offense. I have no idea if Barker worked hard, but he just wasn’t a great fit by the time his turn came. And some of that might have been self-inflicted by the dumb stuff he did early on.

7. That is totally scary about Dunbar High School. The only problem with “If you see something, say something” is that plenty of people did that with Nikolas Cruz and from the FBI on down the government/law enforment did bupkis.

• But I’m glad it worked this time.

• J-Dub421
      11:07 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

It is almost impossible to take away someone’s guns in this country, and very difficult to get someone committed even when they are obviously having mental health issues. I get that people used to get needlessly committed to mental institutions when they shouldn’t have been, but we’ve swung too far in the other direction, and something needs to change.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:08 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Cruz should get lethal injection immediately and the Dunbar kid should do life. Send a message to kids that threatening your school isn’t a joke anymore.

• runningunnin.454
      11:19 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Laker Cat, now you’re bringing up another hot political issue…capital punishment. My Grandmother went to the last public execution in the U.S. in the ’30’s…Owensboro. That execution served to fuel the opposition to capital punishment nationally.

• Laker Cat 18
      11:36 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

It’s not a political issue. It’s a solution. The guy killed 17 people and could spend the rest of his life in prison at a minimum. Zero chance to get out. Will he rehabilitate? Possibly, but unlikely. But if he never gets out, does anyone really care if he rehabilitates or not? Guy is an animal.

It costs the state of Florida up to $155 per day to house, protect, and feed an inmate. That’s more expensive than the Mariott down the street. If 19 year old Cruz lives to the average male life expectancy of 84 years old, he’ll cost the state at least $3.7 million.

• runningunnin.454
      11:42 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Those are valid points, and I’m not arguing; but some people, like Matt, would argue all day, and that’s why it’s a political issue, like gun control.

• cats646
      12:23 pm March 6, 2018 Permalink

I agree with you laker cat

8. runningunnin.454
    11:03 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Probably mentioned this before; but, Rocky Top was first recorded by the Osborne Brothers from Kentucky.
    I wonder if it’s the most performed song in history after the National Anthem LOL.

• ClutchCargo
      11:27 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

As much as the UT band plays it, I don’t doubt that it is!

9. Realme
    11:13 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

I feel embarrassed for Ryan when he talks about the Bachelor.

10. runningunnin.454
    11:50 am March 6, 2018 Permalink

Only thing Saturday that lifted my spirits was watching Murray State beat Belmont in Evansville, and returning to the NCAA tournament. Now, if we can get Western in there.
    The Racers are very entertaining; and, they live up to their name.

• JTHinton
      12:16 pm March 6, 2018 Permalink

Yeah rg, I was too. Then NKU got bounced and I was really hoping we could get NKU, us, Murray, and WKU. Honestly, Western needs to step it up to beat MTSU but I hope they do!