Tune in to KSR now! (Tuesday Show Thread)

It’s a big day on Kentucky Sports Radio radio as Matt Jones, Ryan Lemond and Shannon The Dude have a lot to talk about:

— Remembering C.M. Newton
— John Calipari’s Monday comments
— The basketball team is together
— Ryan Lemond has something to say

Whitley CityWHAY98.3 FMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH1400 AMLIVE
Williamson, WVWBTH102.5 FM TLIVE
50 Radio Affiliates
37 Markets
1 TV/Cable Affiliate
*Affiliates subject to change without notice

Article written by Drew Franklin

25 Comments for Tune in to KSR now! (Tuesday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    10:14 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

What century does Matt’s McDonald’s exist in? I haven’t seen a styrofoam soft drink cup there in ages.

• J-Dub421
      10:20 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

The large size soft drink cups (in Louisville at least) are still styrofoam.

• ClutchCargo
      10:21 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

They still have them at most places I have been, but only in the large size. I rarely go to McDonald’s anymore, but if it’s during hot weather, those styrofoam cups are a must!

• Realme
      10:23 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Ah! If I indulge it’s a small. 🙂

• I’m #TeamClutch.

The Mickie D’s closest to where I live doesn’t have them any more, but there is a Circle K right next door with 32 oz “Polar Pops” as they call them in styrofoam cups. I love getting a Mountain Dew there in the summer, and I can’t stand paper or plastic cups, especially in the car. Drinks get warm and watery way faster and they sweat like crazy, and all of the above are multiplied when it’s hot.

• RealCatsFan
      10:30 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

The plastic water bottle is the biggest boondoggle in the history of man and also one of the biggest travesties on the environment. Forty years ago, the idea of paying for something that is readily available for free in America would seem ridiculous. Now we have been conditioned to take the easy way out and carry our water around in a disposable plastic bottle that cost us at least a dollar and will never decompose. I hate the idea of buying bottled water – I try to use an insulated cup and get my water from a dispenser. Besides, I like ice in mine.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Same, RCF. Besides, the tap water in my county is excellent; way better tasting than bottled water, and no flimsy plastic bottle to throw away.

• RCF, we do buy bottled water for convenience, but we mostly drink out of the tap. My main thing is the water where I work is terrible (it has a strong taste/smell of metal), so I keep some in the fridge here, but that’s about the only time I drink it.

That said, you’re right in that these metal insulated cups are good for taking ice water with you. We have a few Contigos and I have an Ozark Trail from WalMart. I call them Faux Yeti’s (no way would I pay the WAAAYYYYYY over inflated prices for Yeti…they’re total rip offs and they’re no better than the $8 Ozark Trails).

• RealCatsFan
      10:42 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

CG, I completely see what you mean about some places having horrible tasting water. In that case, I switch to beer – in a recycleable can. 🙂

I have become a little spoiled by the filtered water and crushed ice dispenser on our fridge. Mrs. RCF wanted a shiny new stainless steel fridge when we remodeled the kitchen, but our white side by side was working fine and has the dispenser on it. We have a stainless fridge in the garage that she wanted to move inside, but no dispenser, so I had to put my foot down. I found myself compromising by painting our old fridge and putting stainless steel film on the door. Viola! A stylish stainless fridge for less than a hundred bucks!

• RealCatsFan
      10:44 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

While I am being an enviro-geek, I have spent the last three days injecting pesticide in an effort to save the ash trees on my property. Another casualty of free trade with China. 🙁

• RealCatsFan
      11:23 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Those metal cups are the bomb. Left one in my console with ice water in it the other day. Had to be 85* outside. Came back out to the car after about 2 hours and still had ice in it!

2. It’s very sad that CM Newton passed away. Prayers for his family. He was by all accounts a tremendous man.

• runningunnin.454
      10:29 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Yes, once upon a time, I wrote him a not so nice letter because I was upset UK football games were on pay-per-view TV; didn’t want that becoming a trend like the ways fans are gouged with boxing.
      I received a very nice signed letter in which he explained his reasons.
      He was a UK and SEC giant.

• Now that Matt’s talking about Newton, one of my resentments of Pitino is that I think he kind of crapped on CM’s legacy a bit. CM was brought in to clean up the program, and he did it along with Pitino. Then Pitino turns around at UL and just, well, you all know.

• ClutchCargo
      10:37 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Of all the things I hate about Pitino, bringing down UofL isn’t one of them. He kept it together while he was at UK, and that’s all that matters to me.

• I gotcha. *laughs*

3. runningunnin.454
    10:35 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

I have just completed an extensive research project, and have determined that dogs in Michigan do not bite.

• ClutchCargo
      10:38 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

“Research?” lol

• Realme
      10:39 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

No one ask RG to elaborate on how he discovered this, lol.

• runningunnin.454
      10:43 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

In depth canvassing of Michigan State faculty.

• RealCatsFan
      11:00 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Ran into our neighbors walking their dog yesterday. He is a beagle / bull terrier mix about a year old – very cute and sweet. Our dog loves to play with him. They just adopted him. They told me that Saturday they had some friends over who had small children, and sadly, the dog bit one of the kids on the face – she had to get stitches. They are very upset about it, and trying to decide if they will be able to keep him. I feel bad for them – probably a total accident, and those things can happen quickly if you don’t watch things like a hawk. You really have to watch small children around dogs, especially puppies.

• J-Dub421
      11:26 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

That is unfortunate. Sometimes small children do things like pull tails and ears on pets, which often leads to biting.

4. Realme
    10:40 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

Bluegrass Conspiracy is back in print. Not hard to find now.

• I read that several years ago. I found it free in our library where I work. They had a book rack with free used books (they asked that you give 1 when you take 1). I just happened to look up and saw the title and grabbed it. I had never heard that stuff before and didn’t know about all the police corruption when I was growing up there. I then let my mom read it, and she sent it to relatives in Kentucky and they passed it around.

5. J-Dub421
    10:51 am June 5, 2018 Permalink

It makes no sense that the owners of Alydar would have killed him for insurance money. He was one of the top stud stallions in the country and they were raking in money breeding him.