Tuesday’s Top 10: Don’t start your day without it

UF-3126

Good morning, Nation. Let’s get you caught up on things…

1. You’re going to love John Calipari’s new 30 for 30.

Last night I attended the premiere of One And Not Done, the new ESPN 30 for 30 on Kentucky’s own John Calipari. And it was awesome.

I worried it would be a lot more of the same Cal speak we’ve heard for years, but it is completely different than what I expected and it includes so much good stuff I had never seen and/or didn’t know. You’ll laugh (a lot), you might cry, and you’ll definitely learn more about the coach you’ve come to love. So make sure you’re in front of the TV at 9 pm this Thursday and I recommend doing a Twitter search of ‘Calipari’ throughout the night because he will be a hot topic everywhere.

2. Isaac Humphries was not there.

I sat directly in front of the team in the theater and I couldn’t help but notice Isaac Humphries was missing from the pack. Make of that what you will. I’m only sharing an observation.

3. Alex Poythress hit five three-pointers last night.

The NBA experiment is going well for Alex Poythress in Philadelphia. Last night he hit his first five three-point attempts in a losing effort to the Pacers. He went on to finish with a career-high 15 points in 23 minutes, bringing his average to just shy of 10 points per game.

See some of those shots:

4. Got your spring game tickets?

I have mine and I’m pumped for the game Friday night. If you’re still empty-handed, you should head on over to UKFootballTix.com and get yours immediately. I’ll see you at the tailgate. Lot opens at 4 pm. We’ll be going before that.

5. The man who is about to own United Airlines is confirmed as a doctor from Elizabethtown.

The most beloved man in America right now has been identified as 69-year-old David Dao of Elizabethtown. Dao is a doctor, originally from Vietnam, and he is a regular in the World Series of Poker, according to this. You’ll be seeing his smiling face on the side of all United airplanes soon.

6. DeMarcus Cousins has never heard of Lonzo Ball, so he says.

From TMZ (language NSFW):

7. Bam Adebayo dropped out of DraftExpress’s mock first round.

Maybe my “98% sure Bam is gone” is a little high considering he has fallen completely out of the first round in the new DraftExpress mock draft. The website now has Adebayo going at No. 32, the second pick off the board in the second round, to the Phoenix Suns. And while it would be nice to see him go to Phoenix, that is too long for him to wait to hear his name called on draft night.

8. Kevin Knox to announce on either April 28th or May 1st.

Basketball recruiting extraordinaire T.J. Walker is reporting Kevin Knox has bumped his decision timeline back a couple of weeks. Previously scheduled to do it this week, Knox will now wait until April 28th or May 1st, his father told Walker. The five-star forward also added Missouri to the list, along with Duke, Kentucky, Michigan and North Carolina.

9. We are recording a new KSR Football Podcast this morning.

We’re getting the band back together to preview the spring game. Look for it online soon.

10. Isaiah Briscoe will be a guest on KSR.

Briscoe will be joining Matt and Ryan in the first hour of today’s show to look back on his two seasons in Lexington.

Tune in at 10 am via the many different ways one can tune in to KSR.

Article written by Drew Franklin

16 Comments for Tuesday’s Top 10: Don’t start your day without it

1. BlueGrass
    9:22 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

If Poy can hit that corner 3 at 40% he’ll be in the league for ten years. He looked smooth hitting those shots.

2. ClutchCargo
    9:47 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Yep, that “doctor” is who I thought he is. If it’s possible to have something like that coming to you, he had it coming to him.

• cjruk1
      9:50 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Want to explain your comment?

• runningunnin.454
      9:54 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

Yeah, I don’t think anybody would deserve that….he was knocked out and dragged out like a terrorist.

• nlh88
      10:03 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

He was kicked off the plane, legally, and refused to comply. At some point, force is necessary. Time and time again people are outraged by the force used when someone is 100% non-compliant with lawful requests. Peel the onion a layer deeper my friends.

You know what you should do if you don’t want to be dragged off a plane you’ve been kicked off of? Walk off the plane like an adult

• Blue Jesus
      10:31 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

nlh88 – I’ve seen a number of editorials that assert the airline can legally block him from the plane before boarding, but that United’s fine print says nothing about removing someone from the plane after they have boarded. I don’t know if that’s correct or not, but this doesn’t appear to be as clearcut a case as you state it to be.

• ClutchCargo
      10:32 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

The guy is a nut job. A criminal nut job, at that.

• ClutchCargo
      10:35 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

And for the record, I still think it’s BS the way the situation was handled. It’s likely there is no good guy in this situation, is all I’m saying.

• Mathlete
      10:39 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

The difference between a person who actually *deserves* to have force used against them being that no one was endangered by his remaining in his seat, just inconvenienced by delaying the flight.

Was he 100% in the right? No, he should have grumbled and complied. Did he deserve to be knocked out and dragged from his seat? Not even a little.

• catsarerunnin
      4:02 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

I agree with runningunnin. It was over the top and completely unnecessary. But this guy…crazy or not…will put a major hurt on United and deservedly so.

3. Blue_Cat75
    10:53 am April 11, 2017 Permalink

He’s a real piece of work. Should have lost his license.

4. Jiminy Crickets
    12:36 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

He was also charged with stalking and harassing, a man he once performed a genital exam on, when the man was being seen for Chest pain and collapsed lung. He was later sited for approaching this same man and trying to exchange sex for drugs.

Unless I am mistaken, he got his license back in 2015 but only under “certain conditions”, but he no longer practices. I know his wife has a practice, not sure if he works with her there.

• ClutchCargo
      1:54 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

Exhibit B.

• catsarerunnin
      4:09 pm April 11, 2017 Permalink

So it should be ok to use the same “force” with criminals and terroists. The guy may be a slime ball but in this instance he did nothing wrong. He was just sitting on a plane.