Travis York completed the Shannon the Dude 50-mile challenge!

He did it! While you were sleeping, Travis York, an avid KSR fan and owner of the Hillbilly Hibachi food truck in Eastern Kentucky, completed the Shannon The Dude 50 Mile Challenge. The former Lawrence County boys basketball coach rolled into KSBar at 6:30 a.m.

View this post on Instagram

Whose got next?

A post shared by Travis York (@dtravisyork) on

View this post on Instagram

@ksr_ig

A post shared by Travis York (@dtravisyork) on

View this post on Instagram

@ksr_ig

A post shared by Travis York (@dtravisyork) on

View this post on Instagram

@ksr_ig @hillbillyhibachi

A post shared by Travis York (@dtravisyork) on

Shannon’s gonna hear about this in a few hours. Congrats, Travis!

7 Comments for Travis York completed the Shannon the Dude 50-mile challenge!

1. CJKAssassin123
    8:59 am July 31, 2020 Permalink

He did it in less than half the time allowed!

2. CJKAssassin123
    9:01 am July 31, 2020 Permalink

I can do it in less than 8 hrs. I’m a fast walk due to having long legs.

3. ClutchCargo
    9:25 am July 31, 2020 Permalink

Shannon may want to just call in sick. We’re going to find out how good a sport he really is in less than an hour from now.

4. Ez21
    9:32 am July 31, 2020 Permalink

When it comes time, I think STD may wish he’d of went ahead and ran it in the rain.

5. satcheluk
    9:49 am July 31, 2020 Permalink

He clowned STD.

• KyZoneBlitz
      12:14 pm July 31, 2020 Permalink

Agreed, Shannon was so worried about doing the walk in the rain that he never stopped to think about the positives that would stem from the weather last night. When I heard he was “rescheduling” the walk because of the weather i started to thinking that this might be the best time to do it because of the constant heat, humidity and dehydration that stems from it. I thought, you wouldnt get as hot or sweat as much, the rain would help keep you cool. Then this morning, TRAVIS THE DUDE gave the perfect scenario on why Shannon made a huge mistake when he decided to not do the walk. I believe he said “Your gonna get wet either way, either from the rain or from sweating”. I Agree 100%. Also, when Shannon said he rescheduled the walk, I expected to hear that he was gonna do it on a few days from now or maybe sometime next week/weekend. Instead he reschedules the walk for 3 weeks later??!? Why so far out? It isnt like your training for it and need the extra time to get in better shape, lol. Shannon has lost his title to Travis. It is no longer Shannon the dude, but instead it is now Travis the Dude. Shannon cant be given a single break until he either calls it off conpletely or finishes the walk. No in betweens!

6. Wilfred Smith
    4:34 pm July 31, 2020 Permalink

That’s a strong 50-miler, especially with 3600′ of elevation.

Rain is fine as long as you don’t get blisters.