Top in-state target Wandale Robinson puts Kentucky in top six

@Robinson_era

@Robinson_era

In-state star Wandale Robinson trimmed his list of schools to six last night and Kentucky made the cut. The four-star all-purpose back from Frankfort Western Hills is down to Kentucky, Alabama, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, and Purdue.

Robinson is Kentucky’s top in-state target in the 2019 class. He took official visits to Purdue and Michigan last month and will visit Nebraska and Alabama in September. He visited Kentucky unofficially on May 11. Ohio State’s offer a few weeks later shook up his recruitment, but in an interview with Steve Wiltfong, Robinson said the pull to play for his home state school is very real.

“It’s the hometown school. It’s that place where they say we just need a guy like you. They want somebody that can come in and make plays. Really it’s me going in I can be the face of the class, the face of Kentucky and have the Randall Cobb effect, after football I come back and everyone wants me to be the face of businesses and things like that. Really the life after football could impact my life.”

Robinson is considered the fourth best all-purpose back in the country. Last year, he led the state in rushing (2,330 yards) and scoring (260 points) to earn First Team All-State honors. Robinson carried Western Hills to an 8-4 record behind 13.3 yards per carry, 13.7 yards per catch for a total of 3,276 all-purpose yards and 43 touchdowns. Most of the points came on the ground (33 to be exact), but he scored in a variety of ways with six through the air, three off kick returns and one score from a punt return.

[mobile_ad]

8 Comments for Top in-state target Wandale Robinson puts Kentucky in top six

1. JTHinton
    12:24 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

To be in the top six with those other schools is big-time.

2. ClutchCargo
    12:52 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

Sounds like he legitimately wants to come to UK. Hopefully he wakes up thinking the same way on signing day.

3. Irish son
    1:23 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

Any football player that can go to Alabama and doesn’t, just isn’t very smart. And I feel the same way about a basketball player and Kentucky.

• unbridled
      2:50 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

While I kinda agree for the most part….I disagree. Kentucky is home to the nation’s number one te recruit for the 2020(?) class. Alabama does not use their te in the same fashion as say Notre Dame or penn state. The kid has a better chance and exposure to make it to the nfl in those systems. Not to mention is a kid is marginal….he would likely be better off finding another elite school.

4. StuckinLville
    1:46 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

I’m sure the staff is selling him on taking Benny Snell’s place next year and that is why he may not go to a school like Alabama. He knows he will have to wait his turn there whereas he will be a big part of the running game immediately at UK.

5. J. Did
    4:58 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

‘Wandale’ sounds like a special brew for the ladies.

6. NUM1UKFANFROMTHEVILLE
    8:04 pm July 13, 2018 Permalink

I hope he wears Kentucky a Blue and White, but it’ll be Alabama. Let’s move on

7. UoKFB PHAN
    1:05 am July 14, 2018 Permalink

That’s good news. I like his speed and how he can make guys miss. I would like to suite up in Blue and team up with some of these guys.

DE Stephen Herron, No. 72 – Michigan
    ATH Milton Wright, No. 137 Top five: Alabama, Ohio State, Purdue, Louisville and Kentucky
    DT Jacob Lacey, No. 154 – Notre Dame
    OT Bryan Hudson, No. 212 – VA Tech 04/10
    OT Tanner Bowles, No. 282 – Alabama 04/22

The ratings were from April so there has been some movement in their rankings.