Tom Izzo does gender reveal at Final Four practice

It is time for KSR’s favorite game show: Weird or Awesome?

Today we go to the Final Four in Minneapolis, where Michigan State head coach Tom Izzo participated in a courtside gender reveal. Two Sparty fans brought a sign to the practice asking Izzo to help reveal the gender of their future little one, and Izzo took the time to pull the photo out of the envelope and deliver the big news.

I’ll go Weird on this one.

And Kentucky should be at the Final Four right now.

Article written by Drew Franklin

20 Comments for Tom Izzo does gender reveal at Final Four practice

1. WatchutalkinboutWillis
    4:14 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Gender reveals are weird, but this one would be cool if you like MSU

2. kybirdieman
    4:18 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Shoulda, woulda, kooda

3. Go_Wildcats_Go
    4:18 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Seemed pretty akward/weird for Izzo – – that’s for sure!

4. Walter White
    4:24 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Awesome…I dont like em but this is cool

5. binarysolo
    4:25 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Gender reveal fails are some of the best videos on the internet. This one wasn’t a fail, though Izzo did have some trouble.

6. ClutchCargo
    4:25 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

I’m leaning toward weird on this one, but I hate to piss on anyone’s parade. I’m just mad because it can’t be a UK fan couple with Cal doing the reveal. Our fan base does weird better than anyone else.

7. Cousins Fake Tooth
    4:26 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

So ridiculous those gender reveal crap.

8. mashburnfan1
    4:46 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

“And Kentucky should be at the Final Four right now.”
    2nd straight year we had the easiest path and still could not get there, losing to teams far less talented and missing a top player. Need that right mix of experience and very good to great FR. We will see, next year has that chance if the right guys return, I can see 1 or 2 of these incoming FR being in the very good or better range.

• nocode96
      5:00 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Easiest path huh? Please go fact check that. Look at the odds released by Vegas, and other sporting sites. Then get back to me. Like you’ll go research anything with actual facts though. Literal numbers and odds posted in front of your face and you’d still be like “nope, we suck. I declare it was true so it must be”.

• catsarerunnin
      5:08 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Bashburn/Slater is a twit.

• UKCatAttack
      8:59 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

I actually can’t argue with Mash on this post. He has some solid points.

• Luether
      10:03 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

What mash said PLUS we choked at the FT line, again…

• mashburnfan1
      1:19 am April 6, 2019 Permalink

Did state a fact. A High School team, Wofford, Houston and Auburn missing a top player. Show me an easier path in the last 5 years {maybe our path last year}. Keep in mind if that guy from New Mexico State can make 3 free throws Auburn is gone 1st round. If he could make 2 of 3 they go OT and who knows.

9. Bruce Dickinson
    4:48 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

The gender reveal is kind of silly, but this was cool. It was nice of Izzo and his players to greet the fans that way. Plus they beat duke.

10. UKinIN
    4:57 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Weird and I hope it wasn’t a girl that grows up to attend Michigan State where she will be assaulted by a basket ballplayer only to have the whole thing covered up.

11. ukbradstith
    5:44 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

I don’t see what’s weird about that. I wouldn’t personally make s big deal of the gender but I’m also not female so opinion on that doesn’t count. But since gender reveals are a thing, no it’s not weird, kind of cool

12. Bobbum Man
    6:03 pm April 5, 2019 Permalink

Did they just assume that babies gender?

13. ukcats1776.90
    10:49 am April 6, 2019 Permalink

this is horrible – labeling some baby with a gender when every body knows gender is a fluid social construct and one may not know their gender until well into their 50s

14. Jiminy Crickets
    3:49 pm April 6, 2019 Permalink

I’m so offended they called it a boy, everyone knows we have to ask the newborn baby what they want to be, and whatever they say that’s it 100%, no possible way it could be a phase