Today’s show is one you won’t want to miss… (Monday Show Thread)

Good morning, friends, and welcome to the Monday edition of Kentucky Sports Radio. Get ready, because around 10:15 a.m., we will have some very important BREAKING NEWS to share with you. There’s no better tease than that, so get near your radio or streaming device. Seriously.

Join in on the fun by calling (502) 571-1080.

Listen to Kentucky Sports Radio

affiliate-list

91 Comments for Today’s show is one you won’t want to miss… (Monday Show Thread)

1. Realme
    9:58 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Nothing short of Diallo is coming back will live up to the hype of advertising “breaking news” yesterday for today. Just kidding. But that would be great. Probably more like a football commitment / re-commitment.

10:16 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Jarren Williams re-committment? *fingers crossed*

10:18 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Seems like the best guess to me.

10:21 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

BOOM! I called it!

• RealCatsFan
      10:22 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Nailed it!

10:23 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Good thing the super negative portion of the fan base didn’t make him decide to stay away. Some of them seemed to be trying (online).

• RealCatsFan
      10:23 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

So how good is this kid? Is he a program altering type recruit?

• RealCatsFan
      10:24 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

The bird singing in the background seems happy that he recommitted. 🙂

10:26 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Matt says he’s that level. Haven’t heard what Freddie and the gang think.

• Again I say, this is JUST…TOO…Suh_WEET!!!

• Booby Petrino
      10:29 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Way to go J-Dub, you nailed it

10:29 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I watched some of the video from his spring game and he looked really good. (Though it’s hard to tell against high school competition.) He’s a dual threat QB. You know how we like to judge based on their other offers? Well this kid has offers from Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Alabama, LSU, West Virginia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Louisville, Miami, Michigan State, and a bunch of other schools.

• Now can we get a video of Stoops and Marrow riding hoverboards?

Way to go J-“Nostradamus”Dub421!!!

• And their wives dabbing? I didn’t notice Ellen semi-dabbing until a commenter mentioned it.

10:35 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I bet Mac Jones just breathed a sigh of relief.

2. runningunnin.454
    10:02 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Can’t be really big news…you didn’t say “Holy Crap”.

3. bennyd113
    10:03 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

If it is not anything to do with diallo or bamba i am going to be really disappointed. You cant mess with my head like this hahahaha

4. DrSayre
    10:06 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I dont think this has anything to do with recruitment, because other people would be tweeting about it

5. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    10:08 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

If its not something to do with basketball recruiting someobody (Fans) might be jumping off a building….

6. Para bailar Mo Bamba???

7. TBW3011
    10:12 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Matt got a haircut.

8. ukblue22
    10:12 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I use the online version instead of the app because every time you click on something you have to see an Add. It’s way to much.

9. RealCatsFan
    10:15 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Matt’s out creepin’ on the neighbors again! 😀

• RealCatsFan
      10:16 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Now there are going to be 264 UK fans surrounding that back yard for a peek at boobies. 😉

10:18 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Sounds like this chick is an exhibitionist.

• RealCatsFan
      10:18 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Doesn’t Matt know that looking at cleavage is like looking at the sun? You don’t stare at it, it’s too risky. You get a sense of it then you look away.

-Seinfeld reference of the day. 🙂

10:22 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Lol! 🙂

• I was returning a rental car (traveling for my job) the other day, and they had no car for a customer who had made a reservation. Of course he started into the “But what good is a reservation?” speech. I felt bad for the guy because I agreed with him, but I had to suppress a laugh.

“I don’t think you do. If you did, I’d have a car. See, you know how to *TAKE* the reservation, you just don’t know how to *HOLD* the reservation, and that’s really the most important part of the reservation, the holding. Aaaaaaaaanybody can just take them!”

10. RealCatsFan
    10:20 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

So, are the boobies the “breaking news”?

11. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    10:20 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I heard the breaking news was Walmart bought out Kroger

12. Shagaris Sock Puppet
    10:21 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Look at Mark Stoops getting a re commitment from a big time QB!

13. Realme
    10:24 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

“Is this one stick?”

14. CATandMONKEY
    10:39 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Potentially program changing news. I will drink to that!

15. J-Dub421
    10:43 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

That Lamar Jackson fumble, the gift that keeps on giving.

• RealCatsFan
      10:50 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

They seem to have a rash of gifts that keep on giving at that school. (Pun absolutely intended!) 😀

10:54 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

LOL RCF.

16. RealCatsFan
    10:43 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

De’Aaron Fox, KAT, Brandon Knight, Nerlens Noel… I could go on. All of these are high level recruits that Cal brought in who also proved to be extremely intelligent, articulate, genuinely great young men. Remember when the trolls were telling us about all of the thugs that Cal was going to bring in?

10:50 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Devin Booker is taking a Special Olympics kid with him to the NBA draft to rep the Suns.

• Yes, and there are several you could add to that list. Devin is taking a sick kid to the lottery.

• You beat me J-Dub!

10:52 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I’ve said it a thousand times. Cal brings in the nicest kids.

10:53 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

So right, RCF. I think Booker makes friends with special needs kids because his sister is special needs, so he really know how to identify with them. It’s more than a superficial do-goody thing with him.

• runningunnin.454
      10:55 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

The announcers were talking about Booker and his friend during the Warriors game yesterday. Everybody appreciates that kind of gesture.

17. RogerW
    10:49 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Doesn’t Cal already have that feather in his cap? Kanter?

18. Realme
    10:49 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I personally would rather not see my neighbors nude.

10:51 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I’ve been to nude beaches in Europe. The people you see nude are not anyone you would EVER want to see nude.

10:56 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Some things you can’t un-see.

• RealCatsFan
      10:57 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Two elderly women that reside in a retirement home decide to liven the usually dull place up by taking off their clothes and streak down the hall. They disrobe and proceed to run down the hallway in only their B-day suits.

They pass two elderly gentlemen who are sitting in the hallway. One man looks to the other one and asks “what were those two women wearing?” The other gentleman replies “I don’t know, but it sure did need ironing!”

• runningunnin.454
      11:06 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Now that’s funny.

19. RealCatsFan
    10:53 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Kind of nice to get a football recruit that ‘Bama was also after, and not have them steal him away. (Although I still want to see us keep a highly rated in-state recruit that they want. IMO, when we start keeping kids like that, then we have REALLY arrived in recruiting.)

20. J-Dub421
    10:59 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

No, it wasn’t. However a portion of our fan base hates Briscoe and will pounce on any reason to bash him.

11:09 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I purposely avoided reading any comments on that, knew it would be a harsh reaction from many. Could he have said it better? Yes. Do we need to lose our minds over it? No.

11:13 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

He said that after about the 10th question in a row about other players!!!

11:13 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Oh good, Matt’s going to make it worse. Nothing some people like more than an excuse to bash the twins or Briscoe.

• RealCatsFan
      11:15 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Matt is kind of trashing Briscoe on the radio right now. I did see a little backtalk from him towards Cal at times, what kind of “problems” did he cause for the coaching staff?

11:19 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I don’t remember Briscoe ever getting into trouble of any kind.

11:23 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Basically, you either have to be an extremely good player, or have a superhumanly flawless attitude at all times. Otherwise, you will be highly criticized as a UK player. God forbid they be human beings (as teenagers!) and let it show.

• runningunnin.454
      11:29 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Briscoe just has that natural Northeast acerbic personality. I have cousins in N.Y. that are the same way…they don’t mean anything by it.

21. ukjaybrat
    11:09 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Called the recommit last night. It was pretty obvious since they were just down there for his spring game. Probably won’t be here for a week or so. At the hospital now welcoming my second baby to the world. Hold down the fort guys. See you next week most likely

22. runningunnin.454
    11:14 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Fox > Ball is a no brainer; I’ve said all year he was the best PG in the country. I think now we’re hearing from NBA insiders instead of “expert” talking heads just buying into the Ball hype.

23. Realme
    11:15 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Did we figure out who Matt meant when he said 2 players didn’t finish class at UK under Cal? Orton and ?

11:18 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know who the other is. If I had to guess I would say Lamb or Young because both seem to lack a work ethic.

11:26 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

It just seems like he always said Orton only, until this year.

11:32 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

We’ve had a 1000 APR score for a while. Maybe Matt misspoke?

11:49 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Good thinking.

24. J-Dub421
    11:29 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Is this woman secretly the Cookie Monster?

25. Realme
    11:31 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

As a former girl scout, I feel like I can admit something. Those cookies are overpriced and not any better than the average cookie off the grocery store shelf.

11:33 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

They really aren’t any more expensive than most cookies at the grocery store though.

11:35 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I don’t know, for the amount of cookies in the package I think they might be. Not that I think about cookies too much or anything. 🙂

• Those thin mints though. Addictive, and I’ve never seen another cookie like them at the store.

11:57 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I think the Keebler Elves make a copycat of those. Again, I’m not all about cookies. Okay, I am.

11:58 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Samoas are my weakness.

• RealCatsFan
      12:02 pm May 15, 2017 Permalink

There is nothing so tempting as a batch of chocolate chip cookies when they are still warm and gooey from the oven. In fact, I often can’t wait for that. I am all-in for chocolate chip cookie dough. My mom used to have to run me out of the kitchen when she was cooking them, or I would eat them all before they even hit the oven. I recall my sister was upset after a relationship breakup one time, and instead of ice cream, she said she consoled herself by eating an entire roll of raw cookie dough – so I guess it runs in the family!

26. Ranger492
    11:36 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Seems like everyone might have forgotten about Darnell Dodson on the list of most trouble in Cal area? He liked to “hang out” a little too much according to Cal.

27. RealCatsFan
    11:38 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

Re Scary NASCAR crashes – often the ones that look the worst are easier on the drivers than the relatively “normal” looking ones. Earnhardt’s crash is a case in point. Didn’t look that bad when it happened, but it’s all about the G-forces that the body sustains.

28. runningunnin.454
    11:47 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

The worst nascar wreck I remember was the one that killed Fireball Roberts, and it led to safety improvements like flame retardant suits and the foam backed fuel cell.

• RealCatsFan
      11:51 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

There have been some pretty horrific wrecks in NHRA drag racing as well. Don Garlits pioneered the rear engine dragster after getting cooked like a marshmallow when his engine caught fire and he had 200 mph winds fanning the flames back at him.

• runningunnin.454
      11:58 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

The fires are especially horrifying. Roberts was known as Fireball, and he was killed in a “fireball”.
      Actually he was called that from his college pitching days, I think at U. of Florida.

29. Realme
    11:57 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

If you can’t “get to know” freshmen basketball players in 2017 with the internet, that’s on you. I hate that argument.

11:59 am May 15, 2017 Permalink

I know. Players are way more accessible now due to social media.